Car Owners' Reviews

Car Reviews and Owner Comments

I have a 2003 Expedition that I bought used in 2004, with 11,000 miles on it. It now has 110,000 miles and I still love it. I have had very few problems with it, and nothing out of the ordinary. WELL worth the tradeoff as far as gas mileage, this is the best vehicle I've ever owned. I'll drive it till it falls apart!
over all this is a wonderful car....if maintanance is kept up lexus will last forever!
I have the C230 with the sport package 7 speed automatic transmission with a v6 24 valve. I previously owned a 1994 Corvette. What a contrast. I find the C230 a sweet running car with sports car handling. Brakes stop on a dime and the mileage is 26 to 30 mpg. Talk about quiet, the stereo is fantastic and at low volume, I could hear any note. Very smooth ride with some road feel. All the other amenities work like a top luxury car. Although I do not have the brute power of the Vette, the power is very satisfactory for all driving situations. Great cost for a smaller luxury car. bill reno, nv
I have had my xterra for almost 4 years now and have never had a break down, however do have a couple of complaints. The Heat will not warm up until the car is in gear so even the coldest of mornings it really does me no good to "warm" the car up. We also have a 2005 Xterra and BOTH vehicles had the Fuel Sensor go out around 60K. The vehicle is also not comfortable for long rides. With all of that being said I still appreciate the fact that Nissan makes a reliable, sturdy SUV.
I purchased this car for my wife in October 2006. She loves the car - I enjoy driving it too when I'm allowed to do so. My only complaint is the high cost of maintaining it. The cost may be a function of the high dealer cost here in Charlotte - I'm reluctant to take it to an independent - but perhaps I should change my reluctancy. I've been informed that I should change the spark plugs every five years or 100,000 miles - cost is $670 plus tax! Sixteen plugs are involved plus 2.5 hours labor - according to the dealer.
i love my car it just has a few problems
Have had NOTHING but issues with my cobalt!!!!!
I HATE this car!!! Have spent thousands on it! I have had it 3 years and something is always going wrong. Fuel pump problems, electrical, fuse, lights, AC and wheel bearing issues. It only has 56k miles.
Bought this car new in 2002 only problem was rear hatch latch failure x2. This car is now at 138,000 miles and having a problem with TRAC OFF and VSC TRAC light on also.
Hi, I'm Alberto, live and own a 98 Corolla in Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic. I bought this car back in 1996 from a previous owner, the car was in great conditions, now I keep it (after 4 years) in very good shape, I must say that I use this car every single day, even for a short ride, might stop 2-3 days when on my yearly vacations. This said, I assure this is a great car that works with no problem at all, in my case the engine is as stable as always, altough it burns oil pretty quicky, specially when I do a 160 miles trip from my city to another, really annoying because you can't count with the regular time before changing oil, you have to keep completeing it like every 2 weeks, this is why the engine got 3 out of 5 stars in this review; if you can bear with it, just as myself, you've got yourself a great car, otherwise, avoid the 98-02 corolas, get your self a 2003 or later, which is my next goal after my wife and I finish constructing our house here in Dominican Rep. Have a nice ride! Alberto Severino www.aseverino.com
293,000+ miles and I have had brakes and tires repaired or replaced. My largest expense on this car has been having a mouse nest removed from the heating system. My highest gas mileage has been 47 miles per gallon, on cruise control at 55 miles per hour. I love this car!!!
Pushing 212,000 miles. Very dependable.
Timeless design with Honda reliability.
Learning the interior controls requires the owners manual. All controls pivot around the center control knob and the display screen. It takes a few times to find all the hidden areas to go, which control, navigation, radio, A/C and heating, trip information.
I've had a couple "$200" dollar problems but nothing too big. The great thing about these problems is they almost ALL occurred when I still had my bumper to bumper warranty. Other than these simple problems she's been nothing but Good to me. I love my Chevy just like any other proud Chevy owner should. I can confidently consider my car as a hobby of mine, yet an expensive one.
Bought my 2000 new & have hauled many loads up & down the Alaska-Canada Highway (2400 mi, one way), loaded to the limit (usually beyond) and pulling a grossly overloaded trailer. 200000 miles now: 1 clutch (well earned), 1 fuel pump, ball joints & front wheel bearings @ 150000 mi. (All well earned), 1 set rear brake pads (I am still using the ORIGINAL FRONT BRAKE PADS! 30% (I don't tailgate). LOVE THIS TRUCK, it's been my best friend on many a cold morning. urah.
I haven't had any major problems with my '02 Firebird until recently. My fuel pump is being replaced after 86k miles. My window motors were replaced, both sides, about two years ago. I've changed the battery twice and a few light bulbs occasionally, but other than that, the car is running strong. I just jinxed myself, huh... I did Jinx myself; all of the valve lifters had to be replaced. &$%@#
Hard to criticize this vehicle. I bought it new in 2000 and put 20K miles on it every year. I replaced a radiator and the transmission was repaired under warranty at about 100K mile. It has never been garaged and the paint hasn't even oxidized.
Purchased as a 2nd owner with 20K miles. Cute and sexy for a subcompact *the cherry red paint on mine looked great with tint*. Last night @ 85,900 miles the timing belt "snapped" 2 miles from home on my way to work. This caused the engine to "blow". I read above someone else had the same problem and wanted to post that my car did the EXACT SAME THING. Saved some money on gas for the 40 months I had it. Had it paid off as well. Thought it had another 50-60k miles on it...BUMMER $2860 for a "used engine" and installation. Mechanic said I just had horrible luck and that everything else looks tip-top. This 2004 Rio needed 4 new headlight bulbs as it is extrememely shaky especially on older or banged up roads. The suspension is actually the worst of any somewhat newer car I've driven in. I got ~31-32 mpg when doing 90% freeway miles.
Great looking car, but must take great care. I have a 91 coupe deville and the door rests are cracked the ceiling is falling the drivers seat is ripped. The brake redusers need replaced, as well as the gas line to the tank. I still love my car, we have been threw alot of changes.
great car
bought it with 32,000 miles have a 110,000 on it now not many problems just had to replace front wheel bearings and it needs a tune up have had transmission fluid done and coolant and new tires a few times and the child safety locks in the back trigger themselves randomly has been a great vehicle only complaint is poor gas mileage but its heavy and big so thats what you get
I have a 2006 Chevy Trailblazer, bought it brand new off the showroom floor. It currently has 63,000 miles on it. I have maintained the oil changes faithfully, otherwise, it has not cost me anything. I am just now doing the front brakes, drivers side outer tie rod end, plugs and an air filter. Oh and just put on some tires...I also learned it needs a camshaft sensor...a whole $37.00 (LOL). This truck has been WONDERFUL for me. The vehicle I had before this was a 2005 Chevy Equinox, that was the first year for them. It spent at least 1 week a month at the dealership getting fixed....honestly. I had a loaner more than my actual vehicle, after a year I finally said enough, liked the looks of the Trailblazer and away we went. This Trailblazer has haulded campers, trailers etc...without hesitation. I would highly recommend it to anyone that is considering a mid-size SUV. My husband is comforted in knowing that I am safe during my 33 mile one way commute to work every day, and living in New England, we have our fair share of snow and lousy weather. As a matter of fact, a few weeks ago I found myself in a situation in which I was sucked in to some slush and ice...my truck started going sideways, well, everything kicked in and she sure came around and I was going straight again, I cannot say enough good about the Trailblazer! Thank you Chevy for building a truck I trust and one that is super comfortable!! Kudos from MAINE!
A great Ride anywhere, Highway or across town. They dont make them like this anymore. A great family car with plenty of room.
I bought this truck in 2006 off the show room floor with 15 miles on it over all the truck is everything I need it to do. The Goodyear tires that were on the truck only lasted 20000 miles and had to put some other ones on, one of my friends has the same truck and has to put tires on every 15 to 20 thousand miles always goodyear. so I put yokahama tires a little loud but so far 35000 miles on them with tread left. the engine could have a little more power, and the hauling load in the box could be a little higher. I do all of my service work other than the warranty work that was done but never in the garage for any thing. my sway bar linkage just broke on the drivers side going to replace both of them
I bought my Ridgeline new in 08. For the most part I'm very satisified. The truck does lack power. It would have been great if Honda offered a V8 model. 50k and everything has been good so far. Does anyone know at what point the timing belt should be changed?
I HAVE OWNED TIS CAR FOR TWO YEARS IT HAD 13,000 ON IT WHEN WE GOT IT WERE AT 80,000 NOW AND THE ONLY THING I HAVE REPLACED IS THE FACTORY BATTERY AWESOME CAR I HAVE BEEN A ASE MASTERTECH FOR YEARS AND EVEN THO IM A DIEHARD BOWTIE FAN THIS CAR IS AWESOME THE PADDLE SHIFT IS AWESOME FOR DAILY TRAFFIC
THIS IS A VERY NICE CAR VERY GOOD ON THE EYES AND THE PERFORMANCE IS CRAZY FAST FOR OEM ALL THE BELLS AND WHISTLES AND A GREAT ELECTRICAL SYSTEM THAT DOES NOT FAIL OVE THIS CAR
great once you figure out the cooling sytem the radiator for this was to small replace it with a bigger radiator and all the problems will be gone
For the past 8 years it has performed great-always starts on the first crank. Great gas mileage. There is alot of road noise. Stereo/CD player has good sound. Comfortable ride but does sit low to the ground. Parts replaced so far: Cooling Fan (90k), Tires twice (first set lasted 5 years!) Brakes twice, steering fluid, brake fluid, oil plug (striped over time) and Spark plugs twice (first time I installed wrong ones, always change with the manual's suggestion part #). Great reliable car.