Car Owners' Reviews

Car Reviews and Owner Comments

Excellent car with very few problems
Bought the 2004 se at 47k, absolutely love it. Yes it's plain inside and it's performance is not worth talking about, but it's cheap to run and put some rims on it and it looks great. One thing is the stereo speakers are shit, as usual they aren't good enough for the stereo fitted. I changed them for a minor upgrade and now it's great, clear, good bass. All round this is a great car, I do wish it was RWD, but maybe an upgrade to a SHO for the next one.
This has been a very good car only issues was heater core wore out after 100,000 miles. Front rack pinion needed service 120,000 miles. Replaced altenator after 90,000 miles.
Girlfriend bought it brand new, NEVER had any issue's. So to you that do not like this car, i am sorry your cars must have been built on a monday or a friday. Monday cause the auto makers were still hung over from the weekend or a Friday cause they were ready to hit the door running to the bars. Sorry you got a lemon hope you continue to support our country and buy AMERICAN. (although nothing is american anymore due to all the jobs going to mexico or over sea's) But i will drive chevrolet until the day i DIE.
overall this is ba good car. v6 so it,s ok on gas. air ride is a royal pain if needs replacing.
i have 35,000 miles on my frontier. Had to have the alternater replaced around 10,000 but other than that, i've had no trouble with it. it's a great truck.
I love this car. I've had it for 11 years now and am just now having some problems. Unfortunately, due to the location of the cup holder, it was broken within a week of buying the car (not under warrantee). And the sway bar is currently cracking on both sides. I have not spent much on repairs, but the repairs needed weren't cheap. Although, I would like a cup holder. You don't realize how much you miss them when they're gone. It's too expensive to replace. Overall, I would really hate to get rid of this car.
this is the worst vehicle I have ever owned, nothing but major problems- a/c blew at only 2 yrs old, transmission replaced at 76,000 miles (have never towed anything), electrical problems ranging form burning out my 6player cd to brake light sticking on. I will NEVER buy another mercury!
At 125K, I love this car even though it has required some significant repairs. This car has one of the BEST RIDES I have ever experienced. It has large rear seating, a huge trunk, great handling, great acceleration, great premium sound, and more. I bought it new from the dealer, LXi, 3.2L, Gold, Leather, The Works. Now for the problems: AC evaporator went out in 2007, about $1300 to repair (remove dash, etc.). Since then, the AC has been anemic and temp control poor- I may need to replace AC pump; Steering Rack went bad in 2008 and it seems to be common on this series of vehicles, and it was about $1000 to repair-hard to find a inexpensive rebuilt steering rack; plastic door trim shrunk over the years and needs replacment, but not a biggie. Gas mileage has gotten worse over the years...about 15MPG in city driving, and about 18MPG highway. I plan to replace the engine if it ever goes bad. No tranny or engine problems in this 3.2L model I hear.
I've had my 2002 GMC Yukon SLT (2WD) for about six years. Bought it at auction w 40,000 miles on it. Not too long after, the transmission failed: wouldn't shift into third or reverse. I paid $900 to have it fixed but later found out it would have been covered by warranty. Too bad for me. Now at 130,000 miles I have not had one single problem with this vehicle. Not one. Nothing. I do regular maintenance on it: oil, fluid & filter changes. I went to do the brakes on it at 70,000 but the pads were in such excellent shape, I just put it back together without changing them. At 110,000 miles I changed the plugs, spark plug wires, hoses, belts, water pump, fuel filter, air filter, PVC valve, brakes and all fluids (nothing was failing, just maintenance). Even at 130,000 the massive brakes were in great shape, meat still left on the pads but what the heck? The rotors were great, I've never turned them and I returned the ones I bought to replace the originals as they were in such good shape. I'm surprised how reliable this vehicle has been for me. Actually I did have a problem I forgot about: I blew out the front speakers on the stock radio and replaced them. I have the towing package and can tow like there's nothing back there (5.3 liter engine). Average 16.5 mpg with my lead foot (80 mph), tank after tank. Eventually I'll get a new truck but everytime I think about spending $40k to replace my Yukon, I say: "one more year."
our new 2010 Corolla with 500 miles(thats all)on has an extremely rusted exhaust and udercarriage (bolts corroded, metal rusted through), are there other corollas out there with same problem?
I have a 95 s500, were does power steering fluid go, were do I add it. What type is used.
One of the best automobiles I have ever owned. Will have a Civic as long as they keep running like this. Nothing beats a Honda
Pros: The Freelander is solid, quiet gets fairly good gas mileage, and is pleasurable to drive. Cons: Sucks money from wallet. In its first year with me the fuel pump failed ($750) Window regulator ($330) Light Switch ($220) also Rear window, Radio, Door locks (awaiting repair. Also AC is fairly weak and loud, and the front brakes wear out quickly. Required maintenance is going to cost $300 to $2000 in any given year. Nov 2009 -- Cylinder Sleeve slipped -- >$5000 to fix KBB value ~$3200 what a piece of junk (parts car for sale)
This has been one of the most trouble free vehicles we have ever owned. The I6 has good power and throttle response. The gas mileage is less than ideal, but hey its an SUV. The only thing that has gone wrong in 75,000 miles is the heater/AC fan switch quit working on some settings, and had to be replaced. The radio ate a CD back while it was under warrantee. GM replaced the radio free. So, over 75,000 miles I maybe spent about $100 above and beyond what is considered "normal maintenance". Not a bad value. I like the interior too. After 6 years, we want to keep it for 6 more!
I purchased this 2000 Ford Expedition (Eddie Bauer Edition) on January 30, 2010. At that time it had 140,000 miles on it. I had to get rid of my 2001 Chevrolet Impala (>145,000 miles) due to an accident and it being totalled out. Anyway; I had the heater fixed (not working at all), electric door locks replaced, upper and lower ball joints, and all brakes replaced. Seems like a lot since I just got it, but being a 10 year old SUV, I think it was necessary. I have no real complaints about the Expedition. I wish the fuel economy was a little better, but again, for a 10 year old SUV, I knew it wasn't going to be super fuel efficient.
Bought a 94just like in the pic with 178,000 miles. purrred like a kiten, changed my own oil and flushed radiator. it had 210,000 miles when the fuel pump went out, I towed it to Beasaw's automotive at 6001 Lumsden in North Little Rock Ar. he wanted 200 labor and 275 for a fuel pump, well,I am no dummy,I replaced fuel pumps in the gas tank before I became disabled, I told him I would buy the pump, and he does the labor. He kept it for 4 months, would not answer my calls. I had to pay a lady to take me there, he said he was to busy! and it will be ready in a week. well,it was ready,and it did start,but it runs like crap!! he lied and said he replaced the distributor,and he made $5.00 on the job. Yea right!! it wont stay started unless I keep my foot on the gas, and itlost power. I looked under the hood and saw the linkage for the gas peddle was turned down. he did not have to mess with the gas peddel linkage to do a fuel pump. he just made it run bad coz I bought the pump for $55.00 now he says the intake gasket is leaking and it's 600.00 to fix. he took a smooth running van and made it run like crap!!. wish I was not sick coz I would take him to court. if there is any machanics in my aera that are not thiefs, please email me at vic966@gmail.com I would love to keep it. very sad I loved the van very much.
over all car is a smooth riding luxury sedan,,, add a few more toys and it would be a lincoln at about a3rd of the price,,, but a lot of problems with the automatic temp control system
I have had my Ion for six years. In the begining it was great. I loved. I even named it. But once you move to a place with harsh winters, the love is gone. I have had nothing but problems with the transmission. I have a manuel. I learned how to drive with a stick shift and have never driven anything else. So I know what I'm doing. in the last two years, I ha replaced the clutch, the clutch pedal had to be replaced because the plastic mechanism wore down and my clutch failed while I was driving on a busy street, and now the clutch won't disengage and my engine lift keeps coming on sporatically. Saturn wants to charge me $2k for the repairs and tries to make it seem like it's my fault. I was going to just sell it under value and not worry about fixing it. But now it is undriveable and everytime I come to a complete stop it stalls out, even though my clutch is all the way in. Oh and the slave cylinder needs to be replace, which means that when I could drive it I had to shift gears with two hands because it was so difficult to get the gear into place. Talk about dangerous. The demise of my car is devestating, especially since I took such good care of it. All the maitenance was done on time and usually early. I am so disapponted.
Greaat Car Never Experienced Power Like This Before..Will Be Even Powerful After Repairs
brought vehicle in febuary of 2009 and have one year with it already and pretty good so far.and it was used had 110000 miles on it.no prblems
I had this vehicle for 1.5 years and we have 2 at my place of work. It is uncomfortable to ride in very far. Parts are hard to get and the vehicle is hard to work on. the traction in the westren NY winters is very bad. Also repair manuals don’t exist.
Catalytic Converter started popping and cracking at 60,000 miles. Mercedes refuse to cover even though website states 8 year 80,000. The passenger seat began to crack in the seam. I have put several sets of brakes on a certified car.
XLT Supercab model bought new. OEM tires, Hancook, were HORRIBLE! Had to replace them @ 5,000 miles! Dealership was great resolving that issue! Other than that - VERY pleased with truck. Had a Ranger Supercab before this purchase. My wife even loves driving this truck. It has the 5.4 liter and a 35? gal gas tank - only way to go. Get the spray in bed liner, Line-X - indestructible!
I really enjoy my blazer,its been a great vehicle. Its got 222500 miles and I expect many more. Has the 4.3 vortec,auto.2wd, and I love pulling 4wds out of the mud with it!
I have a 1994 Geo Prizm LSI. I've had it for two years now, I purchased it used from a used car lot. I have regular maintanence done on the car as often as it needs it. Other than that I have not had any major repairs except for the back brakes when I first got the car. The brakes are okay but I have noticed I have to replace the front brakes and rotors once every year. The interior is still in like new condition, although I hate where the cup holder is located. My air conditioner blows out air but the air is not cold, I haven't bothered to get it checked out yet because it's not too big of a deal for me. I have had problems with my power windows since I got the car. Front passenger side window has never rolled down, back windows are starting to squeak when I roll them down, driver side window stopped working, got it replaced and now it's acting up again. My car only has 118,000 miles on it. It's been a great, little running car up until a few days ago. I did a basic tune up on it and put in a new battery and now my car starts, drive it around for 10-15 mins and then it abruptly dies out but after it dies it'll start right back up. I suspect it may be my ignition coil but every shop tells me they don't know what's wrong with it. I am thinking about taking it to the dealership or just letting it sit and getting another car and when I have more money to blow, then get it fixed. I'm not giving up on it though because it's been so good to me and don't want to ever see it go. I will defenitely cry the day I have to say good bye to this car. It's been very reliable and even though I am just now having a problem, I have had great experience with it for two years now with absolutely no problems at all so I would still recommend this car to anyone thinking about getting one.
I have 163,000 on my 1995 STS. Still drives & handles like it did when it was new. Did have transmission problems at 90,000..had speed sensor & torque convert replaced..had to have the solenoid sensor for trans replaced around 40,000 but still under warranty. Have had a oil leak for about a year so plan to repair that & drive a few more years..still looks good.
If you could find a good reliable affordable independent to maintain this car, she will last for long long time and with the one of the best road handling and comfort. Maintenance is very very expensive at the dealer so DOnt go there for basic routine maintenance. Test Drive one and you will know what i mean! AAA
My third Honda. Each has gotten over 200,000 miles with very little repair / heavy maintence. The newer the model the better the car. I haven't replaced my muffler as an example.
I have had this car since it was new, and I have found nothing wrong with it. It is a truly great automobile.