Newest Reviews:
  • 2003 BMW 325i I have loved this car from the moment I turned the key to test drive it, then put 30,000 miles on it in the first year because it is so much fun to drive - drove from Louisiana to Ithaca, NY and back, taking back roads and two-lane mountain roads when available. When I finished the trip, I realized that I had not even turned on the radio or stereo the whole time, just was in the driving zone of this tight car and the road. The only problem I have had with this is a front end collision which had undiscovered damage to the coolant system, ruining the engine. It is now getting a new, rebuilt engine and I will be on my way again. I can't wait to get my baby back. I loved the 3-series so much that in the meantime, I purchased a 1996 3-series convertible for my second car (just to have something to drive). That one has 177,000 miles on it and drives beautifully.
  • 2005 Honda Odyssey On my maiden voyage in my Odyssey, a trip through Hersey, PA. the transmission began to slip and I wasn't able to maintain a speed greater than 40 mph. With just under 4000 miles on my new van, I was most unimpressed with the fact that I had to walk down the highway with my three year old to a pay phone to have a flatbed truck haul the Odyssey to the garage. With 3782 miles on the odometer, the transmission failed. As I am from out of state, actually, out of country, I had to pay for the repairs in advance. After the replacement transmission was installed, three days later, I was informed that I would have to "break -in" the transmission like I did when I initially purchased the van. I was on my fourth day of a seven day trip, and only half of the way to Richmond, VA. when I had to return home. I had lost all confidence in this van and 6 months later, I sold the Odyssey and the headache to someone else. I purchased a Chevy Uplander, not my usual brand but the price was excellent, and I haven't had an issue since. It rides a little more like a truck but then it also keeps going passed the gas stations.
  • 2002 Lexus IS300 Excellent drive. I have taken some of the wildest turns of my life in this car, and it never disappoints me! comfortable ride, plenty of space inside; most of all, it never looks bad! :)
  • 1999 Cadillac DeVille All good except the head gasket is leaking into the cylinder, Have to run the car a little above idle for about 30 seconds for the engine to smooth out. I've tried all sealants but when I hit passing gear at high speed it blows the sealant out and we're back to square one. Like the leak is in the exhaust side?
  • 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX A delight for 7 years and 100K mi.
  • 2003 Toyota Solara nice small car...hard to beat over 170000 miles
  • 2000 GMC Savana 1500 Great van in every way, except that it only gets 14 mpg.
  • 2009 Toyota Tacoma 2009 TRUCK OF THE YEAR. FUEL EFFICIENT. AFFORDABLE. GREAT QUALITY FOR REASONABLE PRICE!
  • 2007 Chevrolet Aveo5 this car is fun to drive.i'm 6'2 and 240 and it has lot's of room inside. my 2 year old grandson calls it a baby car.!!!!!ha!!!!!
  • 1998 Ford Mustang My review might be a little off, as I am at least the 5th owner of mine. The car is great, looks great, runs great...when it runs! I have had all sorts of issues. Fuel pump went out on me, and I found out a previous owner in 2004 had the same problem. The lights are terrible, have to always have the brights on to see...and I have aftermarket headlights, Impossible to aim the properly. I am currently having electrical issues. Already had to have the transmission rebuilt and clutch replaced. Like I said, many previous owners, thing has had a beating and I have been left to repair it all. Worst thing to happen to me, I am forever turned off to Fords.
  • 2001 Volkswagen Beetle 2001 1.8L Turbo. I commute 110 mls a day RT. Bought used w/ 80k mls, almost 140k mls now & although I had to do the major 100k ml repairs, I love my car! No it is not perfect but what car is? Has a few glitches here & there but it hasn't really failed me. Its such a cutie & quick as a bullet!
  • 2001 Toyota Sequoia Today's date is 8-25-09. We bought ours in May 2001 and we still have it. As David said below, it is the work horse of our family, too. The gas mileage is surprisingly good on the highway for a truck this size (20mpg). I would highly recommend this car to my friends and family. The third row comes in handy all the time and is the most comfortable third row we've come across. The seats fold up easily and pop out altogether, too. When not in 4WD this is a rear wheel drive vehicle... but that's okay because the skid control is excellent. It is so good we often don't need 4WD. Having said that the 4WD engages well and hasn't let us down (snow, sand, off roading, etc.). Putting it into 4WD low with the center differential locked (unlocked?) is a pain so we seldom use it like that. The turning radius is that of a boat and the interior cabin is not well lit at night. I feel it is slighly underpowered (or not geared aggressively enough). I am not sure but I think the I-force engine gives it better torque when there are either more people in the car or when you're towing something. Yes, I think it senses weight load and adjusts accordingly, i.e., yields better torque. The truck presently has 90k miles on it and we're about to go through our fourth set of tires. This strikes me as high turnover but this is the only out-of-pocket problem we've had . As mentioned we put our family in the car so we take care of it aggressively and we're happy to do so. Be well.
  • 2003 Cadillac DeVille DTS i have a 03 dhs this is the best cadillac i have ever own this car is something else . i own a lot of cadillacs this is the best i ever own. that nortstar system is something
  • 1998 BMW 323is excellet car i've had it for 12 years and it still drives like a charm, it still a beautiful car. no real problem other than the up keep. great car
  • 2001 Volkswagen Beetle This is the worst purchase decision I have ever made. I have owned the car for less than nine months and have spent over $1200 on electrical and mechanical problems with the car. I purchased the car from a used car dealership and had the car checked by an independent mechanic before my purchase. I have had to have my car towed twice, have had the timing belt, tensioner, water pump, brake light sensor, mass airflow intake sensor, and several other things replaced. I was going to try to sell it, but now the MIL came on and I can't afford to get it fixed.
  • 2000 BMW 540i My son's 540 is a very heavy car so, use front brake pads like water. Recently the alternator need to be replace. Just $ 500 for a rebuild one!New alternator are about $ 800.00, and we found out it is a water cool alternator......!!!!!!! With this model you need to be very carefull with no overheating the engine. Cronic problems with the cooler system. Very nice cars when they are new, but after 5 or 6 years......
  • 2003 Honda Odyssey Very noise Van. The road noise is quite high. Transmission at 122000 miles is already given problems, as well as the lock in the front driver door.
  • 2006 Mercedes-Benz E55 AMG First the bad news: The Airmatic Suspension has failed once at 36,000 miles and when it does the fender sits on the tire, and you need a flat bed to get to the dealer. I don't trust the Airmatic Suspension. Also, while the lights are very good, they do not have the adaptive xenon lights as on my wife's Lexus RX330 for 1/2 the price, which also light around corners. Mercedes is not the leader here. Now the GOOD NEWS 1. The AMG seats are clearly the best in the world. Deep bolsters that can be activated for turn by turn bolstering, or heated, cooled, or set to massage. Incredible for long distance travel, and the best in any car I've ever driven. 2. The AMG engine, handbuilt in Altenbach, allows the car (if you can keep the rear wheels in line with traction control off) to get to 60 mph as fast as my former Vipers or Vettes, basically 4.5 seconds or so depending on how good you are at keeping the car lined up. Or if you're lazy like me, put it in sport suspension, sport gearing, traction on, and just mash the throttle whenever you want to leave someone behind or get around traffic. The power is unbelievable, particularly for a car that seats 5, 4 in great comfort. 3. When the suspension is working right, you can actually feel the difference between comfort, Sport 1 and Sport 2. My daily commute is over Highway 17 in Calfornia with some off camber, decreasing radius turns, and the car handles them flat and smooth. 4. Brakes. For a 4000 pound sedan, once you get used to the feel of electronic brakes they work very, very, well. Not as easy to modulate as I would like, but absolute stopping is excellent. This is a $90,000 car when new, and you can buy them now with 40K miles on them for $39,000 with excellent stereo, adequate Nav system, and all the bells and whistles you could ever want. This car was worth $90,000 when it was new. Now, comparing it to anything you can buy for under $100K, this is a steal, and a fabulous car.
  • 1992 Plymouth Acclaim Over all good vehicle. Lots of power. With good fuel mileage. What more can you ask for? Has a very basic, but comfy and roomy interior. The 3 speed automatic tranny with lock up torque converter is awsome. Very nice power bands throughout all gears and drives effortlessly on the highway.
  • 1999 Honda CR-V I leased my 1999 CRV and then bought it at the end of the lease, it is now free and clear. I have not had one single problem in the 10 years i have driven it. It now has 73000 miles. It has never has seen a mechanic for repairs, only maintenance. I will drive until it dies.
  • 2003 Buick Park Avenue had this car for 3 1/2 weeks runs good need to change fuel pump
  • 1990 Mercedes-Benz 300TE I have purchased a 1990 300TE. Bodywork fab, general condition is awesome throughout. Some slight problems with the transmission, but nothing that a transmission oil change and check on vacuum pipes won't cure. All in all fantastic! My car has completed 217,000 miles so far. good for another 200,000 with good care.
  • 2005 Mercury Grand Marquis This car is equal to driving as the Lincoln Towncars that I use to drive.
  • 2002 Mazda Tribute My 2002 Tribute LX has been nothing but trouble after 36k miles. I bought the car new, and now some 7 yrs later i still only have 84k miles on it. around 50k miles my alternator goes out.. $750 because you have to take the axle out to get to it. My brake rotors warp and i have to contantly change me breaks and rotors. IAC had to be replaced or cleaned to prevent poor idle. At 80k miles my transmission goes out $4000, Now I have some type of acceleration problem and exhaust prob. I blew apart 2 EGR valve (on my 3rd replacement), I replace my PCV and hose, but the car still accel poorly.. this car is junk. But worked fine the first 4 yrs, 50k miles... :( 6cyl/FWD
  • 1994 Lincoln Mark VIII Car is great other than suspension problems!
  • 2005 Chevrolet Malibu Front Wheel berrings replaced @ 95000 miles heater control giving me problems now, no heat. not very comfortable feels like a cheap car . would not recomend
  • 1994 Chevrolet Beretta had my car for 4 years no problems yet. a nice car for young and old
  • 2000 Nissan Xterra like driving a cup of water! and AC has been a pain in da A$* since i bought it. oh and the gas mileage oh my GOD!
  • 2002 Dodge Intrepid My second Intrepid. Sorry they discontinued the model.
  • 2008 Chevrolet Trailblazer I have the 5.3 v8 ,and completely satisfied with it. As far as I am concerned it's better then the inline six, and better on gas then the SS. I plan to keep it at least 7 years. I hate the auto ac controls, and would prefer the manual settings. It never seems to get air flow direction right.