Newest Reviews:
  • 2003 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD I love this truck other than the stupid steering shaft that is a known defect that GM will not fix.
  • 2000 Mercedes-Benz SLK230 I bought my 2000 slk in the year 2009 with 94000 miles on it I am extremely impressed with this car dollar for dollar how it has stood the test of time. This car STILL turns heads and elicits a lot of respect and questions from passers by.
  • 2002 Mazda Tribute I've had my Tribute for 4 years now and I love it!!
  • 1996 Volkswagen Cabrio how do you take out the fuel pump??? i dont know if its stuck or i have to unscrew it somewhere
  • 2001 Mercedes-Benz SLK320 Great handling car, following the history of quality Mercedez. Great performance and looks. A Great Value
  • 2008 Pontiac G6 NOt a bad little car, seems to go through brakes though and I am not too fond of the "LOW" profile tires. Expensive to replace...
  • 1995 Mercedes-Benz S420 I've owned my 1995 s-420 since 1999, and have been relatively satisfied with it. My main concern is that there is a slight vibration that I cannot get rid of. I've balanced the tires, replaced all four tires, had the drive train checked all to no avail. This has been going on for the last 8 years. It looks like it is something that I will have to live with. The heating system is slow warming the car up. However, after twenty to thirty minutes it becomes comfortable. The engine seems to be okay, but I have only 91,000 miles on it. I have experienced problems with the oil lines leading to the lifters in the heads, the lifters would give a slight tapping sound and I would immediately take it to Herb Gordens Mercedes shop department. Each time it cost approximately $1,200 to repair. My car is garage kept and pampered. It goes without saying, I like it very much. However, if I were to purchase another car in the future, I think it would be a Lexus LS-460. From what I've read, that seems to be the most reliable car on the road today.
  • 2009 Scion xB Just got my new 2009 xB. Has more potent engine than previous model years. runs well on highways. Has enough OOMPH to accelerate quickly to enter highway from entrance ramp. Still very good on gas. No problems yet.
  • 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse Love this convertible.
  • 1996 Mazda B2300 Exellent truck, just have problems with emission pump. Great for hauling Dirt Bike! Tires are a bitch to find!
  • 2000 Saab 9-3 I owned a 2000 SE convertible from 2003-2007. I loved this car. It was fun to drive - the torque steer was crazy but I liked it. The car was quirky - it had trouble starting if the gas in the tank was less than 1/8th of a tank and especially if the morning was cold. The brakes were squeaky. But this was a fun convertible. Too bad GM sucked the soul out of Saab. I'd buy another if it was still quirky Swedish. Actually I now remember there was a weird clicking sound coming from under the automatic transmission lever. A couple guys couldn't figure it out but then there was a recall for something and it went away. The mechanic said it was a loose bolt or something.
  • 2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK500 This car is an electical piece of cr*p. Its had all kinds of electrical issues - sensors going bad, SRS light always coming on when its not supposed to, warning that lights are out when they are not, etc. Ah, and the CD changer broke at 45,000 miles. I can't believe how much time and energy I've had to waste on this thing. Its my first and last Mercedes. That said, no engine problems or AC or exhaust problems of any kind. The AC controls are ridiculous though, a total pain to operate. That said, the interior is great (except for some premature yellowing of hard plastic around the door latches on the inside and some peeling of the brightwork around the vents) It drives well and has great engine sound, good pickup for a super heavy car (the convertible I think is like 5000 lbs). I bought it 3 years old and the steering wheel leather was all worn and nasty, got that replaced for $800, Mercedes would not cover it under warranty. I've heard Mercedes quality has improved, I hope so. I've had more problems in 2 years with this car than I had in 10 years with a Geo, Ford and Saab.
  • 2005 Volvo XC90 This is a fantastic car. Handles great, super smooth ride, nice interior, minimal problems. We did have one issue - the electronic locks were always causing problems. Often we could not get the back hatch open at all. 2-3 dealers could not figure it out until right before the warranty was up, a dealer finally fixed it. No problems since. But seriously, we're super happy with this car. Its great
  • 1998 Ford Explorer I've owned a 1998 Sport (2WD) for 11 years. Its got over 100,000 miles and been a great car. We had one right at 40,000 miles - motor on drivers seat was one. But this car goes and goes with a little preventive maintenance. Its probably been 5 years since I had to go to get anything broken fixed on it. Some small plastic pieces are having troubles but, hey, its 11 years old. WAY WAY WAY more reliable than my Mercedes.
  • 2008 BMW X5 BMW X5
  • 2000 Nissan Xterra I've had my Xterra for 2 years and I love it. It's great for taking my dogs to the park and for hauling my son and his friends around. I love sitting up high enough to see everything better than before. The only problem with my Xterra is the dash gauges will sometimes go out, but they come back on usually within a couple of minutes.
  • 2006 BMW 330i 53,000 mi hearing sqeeling noise front brakes. Local BMW service acknowledges noise but won't replace pads as they do not qualify for replacement as yet. I must live with the squeeling until the brakes qualify for replacement. That's another 16,000 miles. I hope I still have my sanity by then???? Anyone come across this problem? BMW Customer Service has received other calls regarding this. They give the same answer as the Repair Service. Seems to me someone's design is a little faulty but as they don't have to listen to it, I guess it doesn't matter.
  • 2001 Isuzu Rodeo I bought my 2001 Rodeo brand new and it now has 200,000+ miles on it. I love this car! It has been very reliable and has needed no major repairs. After time, the power window switch went out and the AC needed to be replaced - very understandable that these things needed replacing. It has been very reliable and a joy to drive. The exterior paint has held up remarkably well considering this car has never been kept in a garage. I'm sad that the Rodeo is no longer available in the US for purchase.
  • 1998 Ford Escort i bought a 1998 ford escort zx2 last year. i love the car its reliable its quick sometimes i feel my engine losing power other then that i never have a problem. I bought it for $500. the guy i bought it form bought 3 cars since i had my escort. i would like to update the style and make it personalized however i have no job.
  • 2001 Toyota Echo I purchased my 01 Echo used in May of 2005 from a dealer. It had 70K miles on it and has worked very well for four years. I have put 120K more miles on it. The 5 speed manual transmission just went out. I am currently shopping for a used transmission as that is the only replacement option.
  • 1998 Toyota Corolla Love this car. Few repairs. Do regular maintenance. Would buy another Corolla no problem..
  • 2001 Chevrolet Cavalier This is a fun car to drive in the city. I have owned this car since 2001 and had only small repairs. I replaced the fuel pump, front tires, and brakes. I have a sun roof and a good sound system. Enjoy it a lot.
  • 1990 Ford Mustang Very reliable, and has some very good speed to it, this 1989 Mustangs engine was rebuilt after it reached 509,000 miles, some electrical problems when turning on the fog lamps which is common with models 1987 - 1992
  • 1998 Toyota Corolla My 1998 Toyota Corolla is the best car I've ever owned. In 11 years I've had rear shocks and front stabilizer connectors replaced plus an Oxygen sensor and recently a starter. Brake pads last 80k while rear shoes go 115k or more. I change oil and filter at 3.5-5k which depends on having a nice enough day to do it. The exhaust system is original as is most everything else. I am still getting 40 mpg on my 100 mile a day highway commutes. No electrical problems and most bulbs are still originals! I hope the new Corollas are as good.
  • 2004 Mazda Mazda6 I loved my Mazda and had no issues--until, you can probably guess-the warranty went out on it this past August (08). Now I am having A LOT of check engine light issues (but the dealer cannot find anything wront when I bring it in). Every time, the code is something different--but all emissions related. They claim they are weather-related issues, but I am on my 3rd purge valve solenoid...and it is not running as smooth. Is anyone else having emission warning light issues as well? I only have 50,000 miles on it too! I am very frustrated with it now...
  • 2004 Toyota Camry Like all the Toyotas i've owned. This is a great car with very smooth handling on the road. After five years, only problem thus far is A/C blowing warm air. I haven't taken it to the dealer yet but according to the owners manual, no indication it will be a major repair.
  • 2003 Buick LeSabre my buick is the best car that I ever owned. I like the way it rides,and handles. I get very good gas mileage I get about 24 miles in the city,and about 32 to 34 on the highway.
  • 1999 Chevrolet 1500 Pickup original owner had one recall and one warranty part which dealership of purchase handled without fail no complaints overall just want to find the reason for clanging sound when excellerating
  • 2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo i have a 06 monte ltz with the 3.9 V6 it runs good and has some good power. my only problem with the car is in the rain it struggles to get traction when you step on it
  • 2006 Toyota Avalon I have 2006, been at best fair..Just had to have timing belt gasket replaced $1200, had to drop the engine out to get at it. On my 3rd set of tires..and now the air conditioning is a problem ...not the end all be all ...next time maybe a Buick