Car Owners' Reviews

Car Reviews and Owner Comments

I purchased this van for my mother and she loves it.
I have the GMC version of this,they are exactly the same truck except for trim, I know,because I watched them go down the line for 22 years at Ft.Wayne truck Assy. plant. I love this truck it has not been any trouble at all, I replaced the rear brakes at 84,000 miles and that is all I've done to it. When I wax it people have asked if it is only a couple years old, it is now 7 years old and I will keep it till it quits and then fix it,even if it needs a new engine at 250k miles. I will leave this truck to my son.
I USE 10W 30 ENGINE OIL ANYTHING THICKER LIKE 10W 40 OR 50 OR EVEN THOSE THICK ADD ONS OIL ADDITIVES.. AND THE ENGINE WILL NOT LUBRICATE AS WELL, CAUSING ENGINE FAILURE. THAT GOES FOR EVERY CAR AS FAR I UNDERSTAND. ALWAYS ( READ ) AND FOLLOW MANUFACTURER SPECS.
ENGINE LIFTERS ARE NOISY AND ARE VERY EXPENSIVE!, A VERY COMMON PROBLEM IN ALL OF THEM. CHECK ALL YOUR BRAKE LINES, MINE RUSTED OUT AND BROKE CAUSING MY BRAKES LOSE ALL THE BRAKE PRESSURE!!!.. LUCKLY, THIS HAPPENED AT THE PARKING LOT. INNER PLASTIC PARTS LIKE THE DOOR HANDLES ARE JUNK!!. I'VE OWNED FOR 3 YEARS NOW!. STILL A GOOD TRUCK.
Cool Car.chick Magnet!!
overall a good vehicle. really love my truck.
decent car
Needs brakes and power steering fixed
Thje car has given good service. The major problem is the driver A/C does not throw out cold air but the passenger side does. We have not got a good answer from the repair shop.
I LOVE my car. I have had this car for 7 years and it has never given me a problem. Yes, I do the maintenance regularly like oil, filter and fluid changes which protect the internal parts. I also have taken my car directly to the dealership for service (except for oil changes which are cheaper elsewhere). The funny part is that my dealer's service dept is always cheaper by a good bit than the pricing on these sites. I just had my steering ball joints replaced. Repairpal estimate = $300 lowest price without an alignment. My dealer cost was $253 total including the alignment and both joints, parts and labor and taxes. I Love this dealer. They are doing it right!
Bought a 2005 Sabaru Legacy Wagon turbo in 2007 with only 4,000 miles on it. Zero problems. Best car we have ever owned. All our kids vie for chances to drive it.
Been a great little car with No big repairs yet at 110000 miles
The 2002 sequoia limited we have is 100% fine! Has 178000000 miles & still runs like day one!Change oil every 2000 miles.People still stare at our big white suv.very dependable.$44 thousand well spent!
I have owned my 94 viper for only a couple months now and am still getting used to it.It is not a car for the faint hearted! It handles great and has more power than a semi,but you have to know how to drive to be able to enjoy it.I love my Viper and it sure gets a lot of attention everywhere i go.Just understand it is a beast and not built for comfort..just spped!
I bought this car "new" at the end of 2001. I love my 2001 Avalon, however, with only 12,000 miles on the odometer, new brakes were needed. At 50,000 miles, it needed all new shocks. All highway miles, on my car and it is pampered. Love my Avalon, best car I have ever owned.
Could be a Better
Great car
Love my 95 eg coupe
I purchased the 1994 Ranger XLT Super Cab 4.0 4x4, used, at a year old. Best truck or car I have ever owned. Very reliable. The first 13 years I've owned the Ranger I only had to replace the water pump, brakes, tires and battery. I owned this truck for 15 years and it always started. It never let me down. This 94 Ranger was the best rated pickup in Consumer Reports back in 1995. I am very happy with my Ranger.
Fantastic, trouble free car. I bought it used in 2005 & have had no problems. I just sold my 1990 Protege a few months ago with 109,000 trouble free miles on it.
I have the Diesel version and get almost 20 mpg empty on the highway and 16 mpg highway when towing our 7000# work trailer. The vent control on the heating system would not change from vent to defrost. The dealer said it was the vacuum pump which was repaired but is now making strange noises. Of course it started at 36,000 miles right after the bumper to bumper warranty expired. Only other issue was a squeaky alternator belt fixed under warranty.
THESE MOUNTAINEERS ARE GARBAGE CAR I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM WITH MY MOUNTAINEER. MERCURY AND FORD NEEDS TO TAKE CARE OF THESE PROBLEMS ON THESE VEHICLES THEY SHOULD ISSUE A RECALL ON THESE MOUNTAINEES AND SCRAP THEM ALL.I HAD TO HAVE THE TRANSMISSION ON MY MOUNTAINEER REBUILT ABOUT ONE YEAR AGO AND ITS STARTING TO ACT UP AGAIN IT COST ME $1,500 TO HAVE IT REBUILT I TOLD MERCURY ABOUT THE PROBLEM THEY JUST BLEW IT OFF.
trill car
Reliable car. Would probably buy again.
I have had no problems whatsoever with this car. Mine is a convertible. after 48,000, I now see that I have a small leak between the rubber and the window on the drivers side. The rubber has to be replaced. I owned it in Florida for 2 years and now in California so that hot sun didn't help this problem. I love my car!
best driving car ever had. out handles a mercedes. could get better mileage
Well, although this is a good truck in the snow, never took it off-roading, the tranny has been a problem here lately. I've had the tranny rebuilt by a Transmission service, & it still seems as if it wants to act up. Also, the problem with the engine light coming on & going off, even after o2 censors have been changed & the censor under the hood has been replaced! It's very annoying!
I owned this car for 9 years. Powerful, roomy and great to drive. Check engine light was always on from emissions. Electrical started to fail after 150K miles-- GPS stopped working, radio would regularly cutoff, interior turn signals would not work but exterior still worked fine. Loved the car but repairs were pricey, especially when parts were shipped from Germany.
I am very disappointed with Mercedes-Benz, my clear coat and the bumper is peeling all over the car. I called the dealer in Wilmington De, they informed me that the paint was under warranty for only one year. They talked to me like I was nothing because the car is a 1999, i understood when i purcahsed this car that Mercedes would stand behind their cars. Not this time, and I will never go back. It will cost me $5k to get this car painted, I as a single woman who invested in what I thought was a safe and well built car is now driving around in a MERCEDES with PAINT PEELING front and back. the seats work when they want to , the gas hand drops when it wants to and the side panel seems to be rusting. When i take my car to body shops they ask if the car has been in a wreck and if Mercedes will honor the paint warranty. I'm disappointed and i will never purchase another mercedes or recommend the cars to anyone. They are only good to lease!!!
It's a good car but minor problems with heating system that does not work properly during automatic starting mode.