Newest Reviews:
  • 2004 Mitsubishi Endeavor This is a pre-owned vehicle I purchased 3 years ago. I test-drove a few Montero's and found they were just too small for me. The size of an Endeavor is comparable/slightly larger than a Grand Cherokee. Mine has run very well for me, but I am up over 100,000 miles now and replacements/repairs are becoming more frequent. I take adequate steps to maintain it myself and I plan to keep it for awhile.
  • 1990 Honda Accord This car has 185K miles and has changed little since I inherited it with 24K miles. The engine will sometimes completely stop while driving, but just shift into neutral, coast to the side and it will restart immediately. In all these miles, only replaced one CV drive line, the ingition switch and the alternator. Fresh air vent adds a little heat even when knob is in fill cold position so this cuts down on AC effectiveness. Only problem with car is seat is very close to ground, entry and exit is awkward especially for 60+ YO large guy but that is not the car's fault.
  • 1995 Ford Windstar This is without a doubt one of the worst cars I've ever owned. The engine blew on me at about 79000 miles. The problem was the head gaskets.. I found out that Ford had actually recalled the motor because ALL the head gaskets were bad.. but they failed to notify customers of the recall. There are a couple dozen other recalls on the same model as well... Oh.. After I had the motor replaced the van lasted almost 10000 miles more before the transmission failed. I made the mistake of having that fixed too, and got about another 5000 miles before the ignition switch failed.. I literally had to open the hood and pull a fuse to shut off the car. Then the lever used to pop the hood failed.. Every other owner of a Windstar from 92 - 99 that I've ever talked to has told me the same thing... This is a TERRIBLE car. There is only one thing this car is good for - being used as an example of why the American auto industry is failing.
  • 2004 Mercury Monterey The control buttons on the dash are easy to punch out by pushing the buttons. The air conditioning is unpredictable. Seems to pick its own time to cool or heat. Brakes wear out with relatively low mileage, calipers rust and stick.
  • 1998 Cadillac DeVille This is one of the best cars every built. The Northstar engine can withstand a tank blast. The comfortability is unmatched and the elegance is timeless. The only issue I have is with the air conditioning system. Little complicated but I think it could be crafted a bit better. Blower motor or relays and leaking. Otherwise a great car.
  • 2009 Chrysler 300 Love this car the nav systems is excellent
  • 2001 Ford Ranger We bought this used in 2003 and really like the truck, even though we've had a few problems. The transmission was replaced prior to us buying it according to our Carfax report. It has had a few problems with the oil pressure sending unit, egr, dpf sensor (the check engine light came on each time)around 110,000 miles. Blower motor for heat/AC went bad at 115,000 miles: Last year the steering wheel shaft completely snapped-couldn't steer (thank goodness it happened when we were leaving our driveway!)-also, clock spring broke at the same time. But, for over a year and a half now-now problems-just maintanence. Don't think we would buy this particular truck again-maybe an F-150 next time .
  • 2004 Hyundai Sonata We have owned this car for 5 years -63000 miles and it has been pretty good car. Just a few problems with the electric motor on the mirrors; A/C fan motor and switch; and the horn went bad. One thing I hate about this car is the windshield wipers-they don't go fast enough-terrible in these Florida storms! Plus, the seats are not really all that comfortable. But, all in all I'd buy another one-especially since they have such a good warranty!
  • 2008 Mercury Milan Have only had car since Jan 09,and so far so good. A bit disappointed in the dashboard glare in the windshield. it can be rather distracting on sunny days. it does have the I4 engine.
  • 2002 Dodge Neon wife's car for work. O2 sensor problems and computer problems at 80K miles. Other than that it holds up well.
  • 2005 GMC Sierra 1500 This truck has been a huge dissapointment. The transmission went out at 39,000 miles. The transfer case when bad at 60,000 miles. I had hoped this truck would last me for 10 years - It has struggled to last 4 yrs.
  • 2009 Honda Accord Don't buy a 2009 Honda Accord. They have serious brake noise and premature wear issues. Honda has no fixes for consumers either. If you don't believe me, Google it. Seriously. For a car that is supposed to be one of the best in quality, Honda sure dropped the ball. Save your self the money and the headaches. Buy from a differnt manufacturer all together. I have had my car in three times for these issues and i only have 2,317 miles on it. I am not alone you will find hundreds of others online posting the same issues. Don't buy a 2009 Honda Accord! You will regret it!
  • 2003 Mercedes-Benz ML350 Very expensive car to own. All repairs cost double what you would expect to pay. Brakes go quickly (every 10k-15k miles). My AC compressor required replacement at 75k. Ridiculous engineering jacks up repair cost. For example, my REAR seatbelt sensor went out, which meant that the FRONT passenger airbag would not function. Tell me why those are tied together? Another example: a broken wire in the heated seats (causing a hot spot) required the complete replacement of the drivers side seat. It was apparently impossible to get to the broken wire.
  • 1998 Mazda B2500 My first pickup ever, and after 188,000 miles I can say it's decent. You'll want stronger shocks than the OEM ones--try Bilsteins. Ride has always been stiff. Strong engine, nice interior, still mid-20's mpg. Had new clutch at 165,000--also broke 1 sway bar link in suspension. New lower ball joints at 185,000. Not all that bad for 11 year old truck with such high miles.
  • 1997 Acura CL Good
  • 2001 Ford Explorer had to replace the swithch on the master cylinder due to a recall for possible fire hazard. had to repace the fuel pump-mechanic said it was because i ran the gas level in the tank get to low to often-evidently the gas cools the pump. had to replace the back window wiper twice, the cd player doesn't work and it has five cd's stuci in it.the left front wheel cylinder quit working causing the left disc brake to wear out prematurely. vacuum line hose on the engine broke causing the engine to run roughly. replaced the windshield wiper switch on the column.
  • 2002 Chrysler Town & Country bad electrical system power door problem dash lights out heated seat and others switchs dont come on. Brakes vribrate warped rotors front. tie rod ends bad.
  • 1993 Toyota Camry Excellent workhorse 5-spd manual going strong at 286,000 miles. Replaced clutch at 125,000 and 225,000 miles. Distributor replaced at 225,000 and 250,000 (rebuilt part didn't last too long) but the new one works fine now. A/C compressor replaced with junkyard model at about 210,00 miles and still blows cold, cold air. Spark plug wires replaced at 120,000 and 240,000 miles. Plugs I replace every 20,000-30,000 just to keep it clean. Little things like the drivers doorlock tempermental since 1995, but hit it to snap it closed. Guess that's why someone traded it in when it was 2 years old, and I picked it up as the second owner.
  • 1990 Honda Accord long term inexpensive transportation
  • 2001 BMW 525i Overall a highly exceptional Ultimate Driving Machine. I have 70K miles (95% of this is long distance intense Highway driving) since brand new in 2001 and i do not drive it like 'there is no tomorrow'. Most people with any major complaint on this fine machine likely abused it by thinking it better built than Titanic. If I have choice between a 3010 BMW 528i and 2001 525i version I'll sure will pick my 2001 all over again! Since 2001 I have replaced 3 things in the care: end stage resistor blower; left low headlight beam; and front brakes (at 40K miles on extra Warranty) . Car is garaged and I still have my ORIGINAL Continental tires (I'll change it this year 2009 after 8 years of use for safety reasons since rubber eventually can break down more quickly after many years). Long live my 2001 525i. I do my oil change/service regularly, never had tires aligned (they wear perfectly evenly well) and had rotated/balanced tires only twice.
  • 2002 Ford Explorer Bought the new 2002 design when it first came out. Had a 1996 Explorer before that and loved it except that I replaced the fuel float twice. On my 2002 - I only drive about 10000 miles per year, combination back roads and light highway. So far - I have a problem with differential - when it "goes" it will be expensive. My rear windshield wiper crapped out within the first 2-3 years. My driver's side window quit in 2008. I couldn't get the door apart easily to repair it so kept putting it off until one day I got in the car, turned on the engine and smelled something odd. Traced it to an electrical fire type smell near the window switch - then saw smoke - and that was with the ignitiion OFF! Got that door panel apart really fast after that as I wasn't worrying about any damage. Glad I was in the driveway. Replaced the switch myself and all is well, but hard to get the door panel back together. Also having a problem with "dim" dash lighting. Figuring all this is pointing to some horribly expensive electrical problem. Oh yeah, something started going wrong with engagine in and out of 4WD pretty early in the game. Ford builds trucks so you would think they's be good at the 4wd. I really liked my former Explorer and this one is just right size-wise, but come on, can we get rid of these design and engineering problems please? Why do cars have to be so draining to own? I like my Explorer, except for the probs, but would prefer to love it!
  • 1997 Chrysler Sebring PURCHASED THIS CAR IN NOV. OF 2008. AFTER SOME REPAIRS DROVE CAR TO DALLAS, TX (1100 MILES) IN LESS THAN 16 HRS. WHAT A DREAM TO DRIVE... DRIVE TRAIN - SEVERAL VALES REPLACED WHEN PURCHASED NOW NO PROBLEM EXHAUST & EMISSIONS - NO PROBLEM PASSED W/FLYING COLORS HEATING & COOLING - WORK GREAT ESPECIALLY IN PHX, AZ
  • 2000 Cadillac DeVille 97,000 miles AT 40,000 under warranty. trans pulled 2 times, ok since. nothing major since. pulled 3 window motor regulators and repaired myself. best auto i have driven and most at long distances. My travel car.. will drive it another 30,000+ miles or 4 or 5 years or longer if it keeps going the way it is. very very comfy on long trips 700 to 800 miles a day with out being tired
  • 1998 Ford Mustang I love this car, of course I own one so I may be a little prejudiced when it comes to this car! :-)
  • 2008 Kia Rondo Good car for its value
  • 1994 Chevrolet Camaro i love my Camaro
  • 1990 Mercedes-Benz 300E Everything is great except when taking off at a dead stop, it tends to feel like it's not gonna make it then, wham, she takes off barks 2nd gear and goes. And that is with a striaght 6 cyl
  • 2008 Mazda Mazda6 I haven't had any problems with my 2008 Mazda 6 i Sport except the prices on recommended maintenance and the brakes are wearing out a little fast. I love driving it and it gets great gas milage being a 4 cylinder. I think it's a really cute, safe car and a great buy.
  • 2007 Jeep Liberty I bought this Jeep brand new and will never buy another one. When I first took ownership I received a recall notice in the mail for some problem, I don't remember, which they promptly fixed. I have had to have three windows repaired, I roll them down and they don't go back up. I'm waiting for the fourth window to give out. Since day one the car drives perfectly fine with the parking brake ON!!!
  • 2006 Isuzu i280 Pickup had lots of trouble out of this truck , have to drive two hours to get it serviced