Newest Reviews:
  • 1990 Subaru Legacy Bought this car in 2009 with 103,000 miles for $850.00 She now has 114,000 on her and I had the A/C charged and that's it. She runs like a top. And I was lucky the original owner kept it garaged and did all the scheduled maintenance at a volvo dealer near Boston. Came with all the paper work. The car has very low miles for the year and was always garaged.
  • 1998 Ford Explorer Bought this car in 2002 from a dealer. She had 50K on her. She now has 80k and I must say has been trouble free driving. Had to have the A/C charged and the thermostat changed and the factory radio was replaced under warranty. Other then that oil changes. Period!
  • 1996 Mercury Cougar i love my car. its so relaiable. i rather drive it than drive one of the new models. never had no serious problems with my baby.
  • 2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac I own 2002 Sport new when I bought it. Just been minor issues until now. 59000 miles the check engine light came on and needed a (DPF ? ) valve replacement. But my biggest issue is the hatch window. The right bolt hidden under the black clip holding my window in stripped and broke stripped. Ford said my year wasn't included in the recall the previous year with the same issues and wanted 300 to fix it. took it to a non dealer and it was fixed for 100. Now the left clip is broken and has bent the hatch hook that keeps the window in place. Very dissapointed with Ford. This is an obvious malfunction on their part.
  • 2004 Toyota Avalon Bought our car new Oct ’03. My wife picked this car over any other car, mainly for its roomy back seat and comfortable ride. At the time I didn’t even know that Toyota made a model called the Avalon. I have come to like this car for its overall economy in MPG, maintenance and great ride. In 53,000 miles we have replaced 4 tires and the rear brakes. It’s not a head turner, nor a tire burner, but it has been (and I hope it continues to be) a very good value. I have had 20 plus cars so far, some new, some not so new and the only one I liked more was our Cadillac ETC, it was a head turner and tire burner. It was also tens of thousands of dollars more than the Avalon. In summary: the items I like are good quality/cost-to-own, comfortable ride, and classy looking interior. The items I don’t like are the plain looking exterior styling and lack of power. It seems that both of issues have improved in newer models.
  • 2001 Honda Odyssey Let's compare my bosses 2002 Chevy Astro Van with my 2001 Odyssey with similar mileage...he could barely get it to the dealer in order to take advantage of the Cash for Clunkers program. He couldn't get $1000 for his as a trade-in, I can get about $5000 to $6000 for mine. The Odyssey is still going strong and I have no intention of trading it in. The only real repair that I have had is a bad rear wheel bearing. My extended warranty wasn't needed at all(7yr/100K). Because of the transmission concerns raised about the Odyssey, I do change the trans. fluid (4 quarts) every year - it's easier than an oil change. Other than that, I use the normal maintenance schedule. It has fulfilled my expectations of a minivan to the letter throughout the years with legendary Honda quality. Maybe in another 8 years, I will think about selling it.
  • 2002 Dodge Ram 2500 My gas 2500 has less than 45,000 miles on it and the vehilce is simply a pile of rust - even my mechanic has never seen anything like it. Just repalced a rusted exhaust manifold, rusted malfuncting coil, crank sensor, front shocks, rear brakes (complete). Vehicle steers all over the road due to old style system (non rack & pinion). Four wheel drive dash indicator replaced twice and still does not work. Defroster/heater selector gets confused. The rust is very bad for a relatively low mileage vehicle. Gas mileage between 9 to 12 MPG. Sorry to say, would never purchase a Dodge again unless they really improve this vehicle.
  • 2002 Ford Expedition best car I ever had
  • 2003 Ford Escape Best vehicle I ever owned. Road noise is an issue, later models adjusted for that. Only issues were idle control valve (needed replacement, used to be listed as a common problem on this site); and the DPFE EGR Sensor mentioned under Common problems here. Outstanding little truck.
  • 2001 BMW 330Ci This 2001 BMW 330Ci convertible is phenomenal with exterior color, Titanium Silver and interior, Italian “Tuscany” Red leather with full sport (M3 style) package and all other options excluding NAV. It is my wife’s car, but I specified it. She lets me drive it sometimes. We would have purchased the M3 that year but it was not available then in any kind of an automatic and my wife will only drive automatic as sad as that is. This 330Ci excels in all areas. The brakes stop on a dime. It holds the curvy roads perfectly and very hard to force it to swing its butt out or break loose. On the freeway, it lane tracks perfectly albeit some road noise even with the top up (It’s a soft-top convertible – go figure.) The Italian leather sport seats are to die for and comfortable for anyone 5ft (my wife) to 6ft 3” (me) – no fatigue even on drives of 12 hrs+ at my age. The AC and heater will freeze or toast you before you get out of your garage in all outside temperatures. The only minor issue is the quality of the premium “Harmon Cardin” sound system at very high volumes with the top-down; it could be a bit louder without distortion. I did blow a pair of front door tweeters a year or so ago that cost $600 bucks to replace, but I had the volume way up. Other than the stereo at high volumes, top-down, it is a real crowd pleaser and even after being 9 yrs old now with 74,000 miles, it still gets great positive comments from complete strangers and performs virtually the same as when new. I do recommend the Michelin Pilot Sport tires for front and rear. I tried a pair of Good Year Eagle F1 GS-D3s, which are a world-class, superior quality / performance tire on the rear that provided slightly better rain / wet-road performance than the Michelins but for the dry track road, the Michelins are the BEST! If you like to drive for driving sake, this is one of a few cars that give it up nicely!
  • 1999 Volkswagen Beetle I bought this little cutie used from a dealer and I love my 99 VW Beetle! It had 90,000 miles on it and now has 125,000 and still going. Gas mileage is GREAT and constant. My only problem is a nagging brake light that I just found out is under a recall. (Thanks Repair Pal!) and I've had one dashboard fire behind the AC and FAN switches. Look out for this problem. I'm on my third Temperature Control Module and they like to ARC and smoke out... or FLAME out as mine did. Makes the AC turn itself on and off without you touching the switch! They cannot find the cause of this "ghost in the machine" type problem... but other than that... she's a beauty to drive and use. I'm hoping they can remedy this because I've never enjoyed a car so much as this one! She's called "Blue Eyes" and she's Ocean Blue!
  • 2005 Chevrolet Aveo Purchased in Apr/May 2005 - 60,000+ miles - Wife drives daily + drive 1200 mile round trip two or three times per year. Car gets 35+ mpg on hwy. Other than routine scheduled maint., had first problem - door lock has fell into inside of drivers door. Dealer has provided parts diagrams so I can replace door lock myself, or have dealer do it. Hatchback LS has been great car for over four years. Strongly recommend for reliability and low cost.
  • 2001 Dodge Ram 1500 Bought this new in WV & used it all through those mountains & coal mines. Brought it here to TX & now looking for a Toyota. Had too many trans problems, brake problems, dash cracking, rear end replacements, & the list goes on. Constant brake problems. Am a true American, but for my hard earned American George Washingtons, I will have to say the foreigners have a heads up on durability. Like any worker of today, my truck has been used, but not abused. Parts are expensive even if you do your own repairs.
  • 2005 Ford Excursion This is the best vehicle, I have ever owned. There's alot of room in all 3 seating areas and is great for long trips. I have the 6.0 turbo diesel and it gets around 15-16 mpg in the city. I owned a 2002 Excursion V10 and that was also a good car, but could never compare to the "Limited" model with the diesel engine. It's too bad they don't make them anymore
  • 2003 Mercedes-Benz C230 I bought my c230 after driving a sporty Acura RSX type-S for a couple of years. The comfort was the first thing that I noticed. The seats are accommodating and the electronic seat adjustment for both driver and passenger is a great addition. The ride is smooth for such a sporty car, and the transmission shifts with little hesitation. Smooth is what I have to say about the driving experience. If you can drive a manual properly, you will love this gearbox. Sadly, the air is a bit touchy. not enough in back and the hot and cold dials are rarely accurate. If you want it warm you get it hot, if you want it cool you get it cold. A/C is amazing though, and the air flow is overall very nice. The exterior has been kept clean, and is very sleek. The engine is quick, but with an average of 30 MPG, mostly city driving, I spend a lot less on fuel. Overall my experience has been great.
  • 2000 BMW 323i Engine performs well while maintaining excellent fuel effeciency. 28-30MPG on the highway! Good acceleration. Five-speed automatic transmission is responsive to the demands of the engine, but the gap between 3rd and 4th gear is a bit too wide. RPM's drop from 5000 to about 3000 and cause a slight drop in the rate of acceleration. Not a big concern. Excellent braking and handling and this from a car that is not even equipped with either Sport Package or Premium Package. Steering has just enough assist and maintains a feel for the road. Quiet, solid, smooth ride. Most of the the common problems listed on this site have occurred with my car, e.i. expansion tank, head cover gasket, water pump, power steering hoses, blower final stage resistor and control arm bushings. Parts were not too expensive, but I did the repairs myself. Labor would have made these repairs expensive. Driveline is noisy and occasional vibration. This may be caused by the flex disk, in my opinion, but has not been checked. Interior design is the best BMW has ever done. Dash flows and everything just seems to be where it belongs. Beautiful wood trim in all the right places. Seats are comfotable and supportive for long drives but maybe a bit too firm for some. Back seat typical for a small car; not too comfortable for adults, but not too bad. Sunroof would not close but this was caused by the sunroof track becoming dry. It had to be cleaned and lubricated to restore proper operation. All four window regulators have been replaced. Again, I did the repairs myself with genuine BMW parts, but labor would have made these repairs expensive. Overall, a great car. Performance, effeciency, looks, quality, style... It's got it all!
  • 1995 Buick Park Avenue Great car! Bought when two years old. Has 90Kplus miles. Have had some small rust repairs to body and repainted once. (We're in the snow belt-no garage) Still runs like a charm, but now have trouble with the cruise control not staying engaged. Have had two attempts to fix it. Otherwise I am careful about maintenance-oil changes etc.
  • 2002 Pontiac Grand Am This has been, well, a real machine. I drive a 2002 Grand Am GT, and racked up 165,000 on it in that time. Other than minor typical problems that afflict any car, this thing has been great! Starts fine, drives great, smooth ride....a good basic ride w/ a bit of style. The only major problems I've had were because of AFTERMARKET parts: a wheel leak issue (bent aftermarket rims), and intermittent ignition lockouts (aftermarket remote starter triggered the alarm lockout feature). All in all, a great reliable car, that take a beating by me and still keeps cruising! :D
  • 2007 Chevrolet Aveo This is by far the worst car I have ever purchased. I bought it because I was commuting 40 miles each way everyday to work and wanted something with good gas mileage. I have had nothing but problems with this car. I have taken it back to the dealership 6 times since I purchased it and it's the same problem every time. The throttle body keeps freezing. They repair it, send me on my way and a few months later I'm back at the dealership with the same problem. Now my car is out of warranty and it has happened again. The gas mileage isn't what the sticker promises at all and to be honest, this car is really nothing more than a piece of junk. There is no acceleration and to even take off at a stop light requires me to turn off the A/C or the car stalls. I would not recommend this car to anyone. Next time, I'm buying a Toyota.
  • 2002 GMC Sierra Denali 2002 Sierra Denali. Overall great truck. Engine is has plenty of power. Love the AWD and Quadrasteer. 82K miles on it now. Avg MPG is 12.7 :( Only problems I've had is the brakes are complete crap, replaced orignal pads at 70k and its difficult to find the right parts at any parts store. Front rotors are from the yukon and rear is from a sierra. Rear brakes are a nightmare. Not exactly sure of the problem, but the pads are shot on the inside of the rear (outsides are fine). Front rotors (aftermarket) are shot as well warped. Going to replace all calipers, flush brakes, replace all rotors with performance rotors and install performance pads and see how the brakes are. Replaced original tires at 65K; installed Bridgestone Dueler APTs handles great in the snow and rain. Installed K&N Filter Charger (big HP gain as stock air intake is restrictive) and new exhaust system (Cat back). Replaced power steering pump and Battery (2 times lived in AZ for 2 years). Rear Tonnaeu cover shot at 75K miles and the Side steps are rusting (IL winters). Had some minor issues with the interior dealer replaced drivers seat (cover) and the center console as the skin of the plastic seemed to have melted off in the Phoenix heat. The A/C is great frigid cold A/C and the heater is inferno hot, also love the seat warmers. Truck tow great, like the firm button for sagging with a heavier load. Wish the truck was a crew cab and had a 6 speed tranny.
  • 2003 Honda Odyssey I have the LX with Nav. and no DVD. The pros are the interior's versatility, it cleans up easily with steam cleaner. I've found small parts don;t break very easy. Everything is functional and easy to operate. Even the navigation system I found to be very intuitive, despite remarks on forums. Handles like a car with pretty good visibility, but extra caution is required when backing up. The ergonomics are pretty good. Also, I got 27 MPG on the hwy with both captain seats out. but almost the equivalent weight in luggage and a passenger. Owe it to cruise control. Some cons...the emergency flasher switch is poorly located. on my vehicle, the rear hatch latch keeps getting loose at about 3000 mile intervals, dealership defaults to faulty design. Too complicated to work on it myself, even simple maintenance, but...was able to replace the interior air filter by myself. lower dash e-outlet came loose. And the "biggie" con, the transmission is not that smooth.
  • 1999 Pontiac Grand Am One of the best cars I have ever owned. it has 230,000 miles on it and I have never had a problem with the engine. A few problems with the brakes and air cond. but that is all. An excellent car!
  • 1999 Chrysler Cirrus personally i rather enjoy driving and owning this car.the interior is alright not to shabby the leather is pretty easy to clean and maintain.the brakes on this car seem to go rather quickly though i find i have to change mine more than my other car to keep the braking quality where i find fit.the car runs rather smoothly when you keep up on engine maintenance etc.heating works great,the ac only works well on the highest setting possible otherwise nothing happens when i turn it on.over all the car is a smooth ride,hardly feel bumps and what not.steering aint to bad neither,it doesnt follow the bumps in the road and its pretty easy to handle and drive
  • 2002 Toyota Camry at 108000 miles it blew a head gasket and stripped the head bolts. The check engine lite did not come on until the damage was done. Repair shop says rebore (?not the word they used) head bolts and we won't guarantee any work or put a different motor in it. (New or used.) called this motor a "disposable" one that toyota put in lots of 2002 era camrys. This Camry has been a disaster. Other mild problems previously.
  • 2003 Lincoln LS One of the nicest vehicles I have ever owned. Very nicely appointed with technology and features. Will keep it until it won't goany longer...
  • 2005 Kia Amanti I bought this Kia Amanti 2005 new. After over four years I have not had -- literally -- a single problem with it. Even the milage I get is over the 17/24 that is advertised: perhaps because I drive the car by manual transmission instead of the automatic. Recently, I installed a Kenwood radio/DVD scxreen and took out the Infinity radio system. It makes the already stately car even more distinguished. I have seen photos of the 2010 Amanti; and the new model is disappointing in appearance at least. What many (American) consumers don't appreciate about the current Amanti is that it stands out in public from other cars: high, aristocratic and commanding in its appearance. The 2010 looks like just any other car. Given the fct that Amantis don't compare with the Lexus ES 450, I'd much rather have an Amanti which looks like an Amanti, and not like a Lexus because it is not as good!
  • 2003 Volkswagen GTI I chose the GTI over a Mini of the same year when looking for a good used car. I wanted something small and sporty that wouldn't have kids trying to race me all the time since I just got rid of a Eclipse and Avenger. Mine has everything premium except the 6 disc changer for some reason. My interior is more luxurious than my nephews 05 Caddy. The car is 6 years old now and it still smells brand new when you get into it. My exterior looks almost just like the picture here. Same color with a hatch spoiler and some aftermarket rims that are just sportier and more dynamic than the stock- which aren't bad at all. The drive is great. Quiet and comfortable. When you want the power it's there and sounds cool when the turbo kicks in. Now- the bad: I've had this car since February of 07 and have had goofy little problems with lights burning out and such. Nothing I couldn't just fix myself in 5 minutes. But one day I got a temp light and have had problems since. I replaced thermostat and temp sensor. Bypassed the heatercore. Got the cooling system flushed. Got the system diagnosed. Noone could see a problem. Had my water distribution valve replaced after it blew up on me. All kinds of problems just in my cooling system. I've worked on all my cars from Nissans to Fords but this one I just need to hand over to the dealership and suffer the ridiculously high prices. The car is great but expect the problems typical for it's year and expect to pay ALOT to get them fixed. I have babied mine but you can't prevent everything.
  • 2003 Chevrolet Cavalier I absolutely love my car!! I have 98,000 miles on it, bought it with 93,000. This car just gets up and goes with no hesitation. My sister has a 2005 Chevy Malibu and drove my car and said mine drives better than hers. My air condition did go out in the middle of the summer but it only ended up being a fuse ($20.00) But it blows ice cold in 110 degrees. Cup holders suck :( (They are not in a good place and are not tall or big enough therefore drinks don't fit or fall out and spill)I am having some window issues though, the driver window freezes up sometimes randomly. Dash board is cracked like another person said, it is the year as i've seen other cars like mine with cracks in the same spot, but other than that no problems!! Definitely overall great!!
  • 1995 BMW 750iL great car... lots of balls
  • 2000 GMC 2500 Pickup I am just so happy to own this truck. Despite it's shortcomings, which are few in my opinion, it works for me. I completely expect to get at least another 100,000 out of it on top of the 167,000 I have now. My complaint is the dealer I can't trust anybody to work on it because it always comes back with something really f-ed up, every time.... I've never said oh they did a good job.. it always used to be oh they broke that too and I don't have the time to go back and battle so after a few too many of these I gave up and do most of my own service although I had to have the windshield put in and they destroyed my truck,....... rain pouring out the blower motor housing,, loose and missing parts so that got replaced and is still being fixed.