Newest Reviews:
  • 2002 BMW 540i We purchased are Bimmer in 2007 with 87,500 mls on it. A year later I replaced the alternator and the radiator. We went on one trip in it to Tampa, Fl and it handled superb. Overall we are happy with our 540i.
  • 2000 Audi A6 Quattro Except for some minor repair problems which are associated with normal wear and tear of usage, this is a fine automobilr. We love it and are happy that we purchased it in 2007.
  • 2001 Cadillac Eldorado Excellent machine I love it.
  • 1995 Buick Regal I own the 3.8 L, which has good power and great breaking, suspension and road handling. The big problem with this car is that the alternator is not powerful enough for everything electrical in the car (mine's loaded), so it fails every 18 - 24 months. Car's compact, sleek profile makes for cramped engine compartment, so the usual problem with most cars of access for maintenance is not on the light side of averages here, and headroom is inadequate for a person over 6'1" tall, but seats are comfortable, for long trips too, even if lower back problems abound. Fuel economy is NOT at or above the revised 19 overall, more like 17. I get 18-19 on trips, cruising at 75, about 14-15 city. Got screwed out of the Clunkers deal by the wrong number assigned for this car's 19 overall mpg.
  • 2005 Chevrolet Cavalier Owned since Nov. 2005, only problem was a wheel speed sensor. Great gas mileage, 36mpg on highway. Took on 800 mi. trip, comfort level was good. Would have to recommend this car. Too bad they named it Cavalier, as it is nothing like the predecessor at all.
  • 1995 Toyota T100 I have actually had the pleasure of seeing and driving one of these trucks with more than 300k miles on it. I would have to rate it an excellent truck because of how well it still performs and drives. Toyota could have made the cams direct gear drive and put hydraulic auto adjust valves in the unit which would have made it much more maintenance free. Standard glass headlights would have been a nice option as well and would have offered more options in improving visibility in bad weather conditions. Truck is much more solid and much more rust free than its Tacoma sibling. This unit is stable under load and handles well in adverse conditions. Ride is athletic and response is stout and sure. Good truck with lots of torque and perky power. Will not win the indy 500 but when you are hauling things, you have to be careful and easy. Easy to work on and straight forward. Lots of upgrade parts from newer years are backwards compatible to make this vehicle more capable. Use alternators from 98 to 02 Toyota trucks for more amps. I give this one 4 out of 5. F-150 gets 2 out of 5 and chevy-dodge is not even on the map. Too many problems.
  • 2006 Ford Mustang GT We bought our 2006 last year from CarMax with 11,000 miles on it. I have had several Mustangs over my 64 years and this one is at the top! The GT is great!! 5 speed manual transmission and 26.5 mph on regular and you do not even know you're already going 85mph. Only problem we have is with the CD player which seems to skip. Ford has not been able to fix the problem even after replacing with a re-manufactured unit and then a "new" unit. My wife drives the GT mostly and although the car's real potential is wasted on her, I make up for it when I get to drive... Great Car!!
  • 2005 Ford Explorer Bought new in July 2005, currently has 62,000 miles. Apart from oil changes, still on original tires (which need replacing), rear left passenger window and rear windshield wiper no longer worker. Oh, and the CD palyer has been jammed for 6 months. Electrics are clearly not this car's strong points. Other than that, love this car...
  • 2002 Chevrolet Malibu I bought this car new in 02. It only has 60,000 km on it. I've had ongoing problems with brakes, rotors. The power steering pump went in it in Jan 09, then the rack went in it in Feb 09. I replaced the water pump today. now there's a squeaking noise coming from the front end.
  • 2001 Lexus IS300 Amazing Car!
  • 1997 Geo Prizm toe arm broke on rear axle at 97,500 struts replaced at 117,500 harmonic balancer broke at 117,700 - should have totalled the car if I hadn't pulled over immediately has been a good car but those were NOT cheap repairs
  • 2003 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 My truck has been very dependable and versatile, whether taking my family of six on a 2000 mile road trip or hauling loads of sheetrock and yard debris. Trim seems to hold together, except the color coating on my dashboard is peeling off -- revealing its true color, black. Paint has stayed true. Suspension handles well on and off road. It's a nice tough truck.
  • 2002 Hyundai Sonata I have owned this vehicle (V6) since 2002 and very happy with it.
  • 1996 Acura RL We have driven our 96 RL 142,000 mi. And Love the car but we have had to repair the transmission 3 times. Because of something shearing in the differential area which I understand was a recall issue in the past. Shame that it can't be more dependable ! Can't decide to replace the tranny with a used one and try again ?
  • 2004 Toyota Prius I love this car (I have had 2 previous Prius's The only conpaint I have is the body seems to be made from the lightest and cheapest material Toyota could find. By even looking at the car, you seem to get a dent !! Does anyone else have this problem or is it just me? I would recommend this car to anyone that wants a fun and gas sipper for a car.
  • 1993 Mercury Cougar I bought the XR-7 built to my specifications brand new. It has given me good service over the past 16 years. My annual costs for fuel and maintenance were about $6,000/year until this year. Time finally caught up to the vehicle and I had to have the transmission overhauled at something over 131,000 miles. The odometer died at 131,501 and can't be replaced according to the FMC folks. The remote and alarm functions of the security system bit the dust, but the rest of the system appears to work okay. There have been no major problems over the years and I have been quite happy with my car. Too bad the Ford Motor Company (FMC) no longer makes cars like this and no one else seems to make them at the right price either.
  • 2003 Mercedes-Benz E320 The MB E320 is a great car overall, we have been very pleased with it since buying it used last year. Pros: Very comfortable, yet responsive ride. Handles the snow surprisingly well. Huge trunk and reasonably spacious back seat. Fits 3 in a pinch. Solid feel, good fit and finish, and a great safety record. Better gas mileage than I expected. We get 30+ on the highway with the V6. Cons: Repair costs are higher than average. Plastic front bumper has peeling clear coat. I am not sure if there was a repair, but not the best finish on the bumpers. Great car overall, a pleasure to drive and a sharp looking car as well. I would buy another if I could find a station wagon.
  • 2001 Chrysler Sebring 2001 car has its old age problems typical of an older car.
  • 1999 Honda Odyssey great value. 99k. Ignition switch went out, EGR bad, catilytic converter went bad - all of these replaced by Honda for free!!!! Just did the timing belt, etc so ready for another 100k. You can buy the brake pads and rotors on ebay for $116.
  • 2003 Pontiac Vibe This is my second Vibe. I needed a car to get back and forth to work. It runs great. I have no complaints about how it handles and such. I had to get the Front windows fixed (there is a free recall). Also, the fit and finish is not as nice as our 2006 Vibe. It looks like it was the first one off the assembly line. It has 110,000 miles on it, so some things, I am sure, have been abused. The hatch window does not open. All in all, a good car. Oh yea, and the car came with the roof rack complete! Apparently they saved money after 2003 and made you buy it separate.
  • 1990 Plymouth Acclaim Awesome car that just keeps on running - forever. Best gas mileage in any car I've ever owned. It passes gas stations ALWAYS! The heater blows heat in 5 minutes and you'll think you're in Egypt with pyramids and sand dunes. Engine is reliable, little to no maintenance with regular oil changes since 1990. Its 09 and still have original brake parts - can't wear this thing out.
  • 1999 Mercedes-Benz SL600 Ideal car!
  • 1993 Volkswagen EuroVan i own a 93 standard trans eurovan mv. i cant figure out why the coolant light flashes but i love my van!
  • 1992 Ford Escort I got my 1992 Ford Escort GT 4 months ago. It currently has 325,000+ miles. It sat for two years before I got it on the road and now I am having a few problems with it. The electrical seat belts no longer work (not a problem with the fuses), the interior fan does not operate on 4, but will occasionally turn on, part of my instrument panel does not light up unless i smack the dash, my shift lights don't work, and there is a rattle in the motor. The trani shifts hard and there are many leaks consisting of oil and coolant... from multiple places. Despite all of this.. I love my escort. Had a 94' escort wagon before this that got to 217,000. I'm hoping to see 400,000 with this one. ^_^
  • 1998 Dodge Grand Caravan Great vehicle ,now have 175000 miles with little trouble,only slight oil leak from valve cover
  • 2008 Porsche Boxster S Love the car! Handling, acceleration, sound, ride, all spectacular. An absolute joy to drive. My only problem is the constant attention the car gets with people wanting to taunt me into racing !! On second thought maybe that's not a problem !
  • 2006 Jaguar X-Type Sans JAG...Love my JAG! Handles like a dream! Seats my family of 4 with no problems. Very pleased with Vehicle.
  • 1994 Ford F-150 I love this truck except it is now giving me problems. I have a heater core that needs replacing, it is the roughest ride ever and always feels like it is in need of a tire balance or something. It has a sweet interior with lots of power. Gas mileage sucks but what can I do? The man and the kids and I drove to Los Angeles (from SF area) and all fit comfortably. Sweet truck for landscaping. Get back to you on the other issues.
  • 2006 Kia Sorento i bought my car used 8 months ago,the only issue i had was my brake lights going out,had to replace them once and my headlight just went out all of a sudden,otherwise i have no complaints,she rides lovely on the highway for those long trips.she's the best car i ever had
  • 2007 Pontiac G6 This car is a LOT of fun to drive with razor sharp handling and swift acceleration. We have never had any problems with it. The Monsoon stereo sounds fantastic and the audio controls on the steering wheel is a nice touch. It's just a great cruisin' car. The car is also very good in the snow