Newest Reviews:
  • 1991 Mercury Cougar This is my second Cougar (my daughter totalled my first), and I will never drive anything else. With all the talk of ergonomic design in the new cars (upwards of $30,000), they could all take a design lesson from the cabin of the amazing Cougar!!! Looking forward to someday owning the 30th Anniversary Edition.
  • 1996 Suzuki X-90 Absolutely love my 13 year old car!
  • 2005 Hyundai Elantra Bough it new, no regrets! If you pamper it just a little bit, this car will last a long while. I live in Quebec, so I plug it in when snow stays on ground, rustproof myself, mecanic ( most of it ) myself, wash every week and wax/compound regularly. Still looks like brand new. Love it almost as much as my Honda Accord EX 96!!! Very good car indeed.
  • 1993 Nissan Sentra had to have one fuel injector replaced because one cylinder was not getting gas according to my shop. Is that normal.? Car has 160,000 miles on it.
  • 1999 Ford Explorer I've had my Explorer for 10 years now,it had 7 miles when I brought it and now I have 222,652 miles. Beside the 3 recalls, the hood, the seatbelt and the tires I must say I've had no major problems until now (Engine oil pump)and I'm not going to complain. Thumbs up to Ford!
  • 1998 Chrysler Concorde THe car is very nice ride, and smooth on the highway - Power is okay, but when the electrical issues started, they are ridiculous - I am not too sure why Chrysler obtained very cheap components to run this car, as it had put a very bad taste in my mouth for Chrysler and their ability to maintain a product they manufactured - Not too good for them, and I would not recommend this car to anyone - It is not realiable nor worth the trouble!
  • 1995 Volvo 850 I love this car just replaced some things but overall a great car and gets close to 500 miles on full tank when driving out of town. I am at 121k miles
  • 2003 Chevrolet Trailblazer Had high mileage when I bought it. No real problems aside from regular preventative maintenance. Works great.
  • 1995 Geo Tracker It have this little guy and even thou the ride is rough its great on gas & super in parking esspecially that I live in NYC. I rate my ride a "7".
  • 2009 Mazda Mazda5 I bought my Mazda5 in December 2008 and I love it. I purchased the 5 speed manual transmission. I added a Thule roof rack and about the only things I would change would be to add a little more sound deadening and and an all-wheel drive option (I also have a 1999 Subaru Outback - that I kept because I like having all wheel drive in the winter). I consistently get 28 MPG. I love the sliding doors in the back and the three rows of seating(works well for elementary school aged children). Zoom Zoom!!!! I am so glad I found this vehicle after 2 years of looking!
  • 2005 Honda Odyssey I've owned my Odyssey for over a year now (bought it used.) It's a great van! I wouldn't want any other minivan over the Odyssey. It's great for anyone with several children. There's lots of room and it's great for traveling. My only critisms are that there can be a little road noise in the interior (but nothing horrible) and although it gets respectible gas milage for a large vehicle, it would always be nice to get more MPG. Overall, it's very stylish and reliable, well built, and lots of convenient features.
  • 2006 Hyundai Tucson Great car! The only issue is the brakes. Pads get worn out too soon because it's a heavy car. I would buy another one!
  • 2000 Toyota Echo This is the most reliable car I have ever owned. Over 160,000 miles and only pads, oil have been changed. The a/c just went out, but oh well.
  • 2007 Saturn Ion So far, we have had a great experience with our Ion. The interior was made with cheaper materials and quality. Our radio display has "spazed out" with the lights acting like strobe lights. Fuel mileage has been 28-29 at best, but we live in a warmer climate so that has a factor. Its a fun and safe car that we overall enjoy having.
  • 2003 BMW 325i I have loved this car from the moment I turned the key to test drive it, then put 30,000 miles on it in the first year because it is so much fun to drive - drove from Louisiana to Ithaca, NY and back, taking back roads and two-lane mountain roads when available. When I finished the trip, I realized that I had not even turned on the radio or stereo the whole time, just was in the driving zone of this tight car and the road. The only problem I have had with this is a front end collision which had undiscovered damage to the coolant system, ruining the engine. It is now getting a new, rebuilt engine and I will be on my way again. I can't wait to get my baby back. I loved the 3-series so much that in the meantime, I purchased a 1996 3-series convertible for my second car (just to have something to drive). That one has 177,000 miles on it and drives beautifully.
  • 2005 Honda Odyssey On my maiden voyage in my Odyssey, a trip through Hersey, PA. the transmission began to slip and I wasn't able to maintain a speed greater than 40 mph. With just under 4000 miles on my new van, I was most unimpressed with the fact that I had to walk down the highway with my three year old to a pay phone to have a flatbed truck haul the Odyssey to the garage. With 3782 miles on the odometer, the transmission failed. As I am from out of state, actually, out of country, I had to pay for the repairs in advance. After the replacement transmission was installed, three days later, I was informed that I would have to "break -in" the transmission like I did when I initially purchased the van. I was on my fourth day of a seven day trip, and only half of the way to Richmond, VA. when I had to return home. I had lost all confidence in this van and 6 months later, I sold the Odyssey and the headache to someone else. I purchased a Chevy Uplander, not my usual brand but the price was excellent, and I haven't had an issue since. It rides a little more like a truck but then it also keeps going passed the gas stations.
  • 2002 Lexus IS300 Excellent drive. I have taken some of the wildest turns of my life in this car, and it never disappoints me! comfortable ride, plenty of space inside; most of all, it never looks bad! :)
  • 1999 Cadillac DeVille All good except the head gasket is leaking into the cylinder, Have to run the car a little above idle for about 30 seconds for the engine to smooth out. I've tried all sealants but when I hit passing gear at high speed it blows the sealant out and we're back to square one. Like the leak is in the exhaust side?
  • 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX A delight for 7 years and 100K mi.
  • 2003 Toyota Solara nice small car...hard to beat over 170000 miles
  • 2000 GMC Savana 1500 Great van in every way, except that it only gets 14 mpg.
  • 2009 Toyota Tacoma 2009 TRUCK OF THE YEAR. FUEL EFFICIENT. AFFORDABLE. GREAT QUALITY FOR REASONABLE PRICE!
  • 2007 Chevrolet Aveo5 this car is fun to drive.i'm 6'2 and 240 and it has lot's of room inside. my 2 year old grandson calls it a baby car.!!!!!ha!!!!!
  • 1998 Ford Mustang My review might be a little off, as I am at least the 5th owner of mine. The car is great, looks great, runs great...when it runs! I have had all sorts of issues. Fuel pump went out on me, and I found out a previous owner in 2004 had the same problem. The lights are terrible, have to always have the brights on to see...and I have aftermarket headlights, Impossible to aim the properly. I am currently having electrical issues. Already had to have the transmission rebuilt and clutch replaced. Like I said, many previous owners, thing has had a beating and I have been left to repair it all. Worst thing to happen to me, I am forever turned off to Fords.
  • 2001 Volkswagen Beetle 2001 1.8L Turbo. I commute 110 mls a day RT. Bought used w/ 80k mls, almost 140k mls now & although I had to do the major 100k ml repairs, I love my car! No it is not perfect but what car is? Has a few glitches here & there but it hasn't really failed me. Its such a cutie & quick as a bullet!
  • 2001 Toyota Sequoia Today's date is 8-25-09. We bought ours in May 2001 and we still have it. As David said below, it is the work horse of our family, too. The gas mileage is surprisingly good on the highway for a truck this size (20mpg). I would highly recommend this car to my friends and family. The third row comes in handy all the time and is the most comfortable third row we've come across. The seats fold up easily and pop out altogether, too. When not in 4WD this is a rear wheel drive vehicle... but that's okay because the skid control is excellent. It is so good we often don't need 4WD. Having said that the 4WD engages well and hasn't let us down (snow, sand, off roading, etc.). Putting it into 4WD low with the center differential locked (unlocked?) is a pain so we seldom use it like that. The turning radius is that of a boat and the interior cabin is not well lit at night. I feel it is slighly underpowered (or not geared aggressively enough). I am not sure but I think the I-force engine gives it better torque when there are either more people in the car or when you're towing something. Yes, I think it senses weight load and adjusts accordingly, i.e., yields better torque. The truck presently has 90k miles on it and we're about to go through our fourth set of tires. This strikes me as high turnover but this is the only out-of-pocket problem we've had . As mentioned we put our family in the car so we take care of it aggressively and we're happy to do so. Be well.
  • 2003 Cadillac DeVille DTS i have a 03 dhs this is the best cadillac i have ever own this car is something else . i own a lot of cadillacs this is the best i ever own. that nortstar system is something
  • 1998 BMW 323is excellet car i've had it for 12 years and it still drives like a charm, it still a beautiful car. no real problem other than the up keep. great car
  • 2001 Volkswagen Beetle This is the worst purchase decision I have ever made. I have owned the car for less than nine months and have spent over $1200 on electrical and mechanical problems with the car. I purchased the car from a used car dealership and had the car checked by an independent mechanic before my purchase. I have had to have my car towed twice, have had the timing belt, tensioner, water pump, brake light sensor, mass airflow intake sensor, and several other things replaced. I was going to try to sell it, but now the MIL came on and I can't afford to get it fixed.
  • 2000 BMW 540i My son's 540 is a very heavy car so, use front brake pads like water. Recently the alternator need to be replace. Just $ 500 for a rebuild one!New alternator are about $ 800.00, and we found out it is a water cool alternator......!!!!!!! With this model you need to be very carefull with no overheating the engine. Cronic problems with the cooler system. Very nice cars when they are new, but after 5 or 6 years......