Newest Reviews:
  • 1997 Lincoln Town Car Great car for a big car. I really have not have any problems other than squeaks. One of the best cars I ever bought.
  • 2002 Chevrolet Trailblazer Replace brakes a lot on this. Muffler broke at rear. Can't understand why they don't put a brace at very end to prevent muffler from having so much weight there. Not rocket science. Got it welded twice but next time will need whole thing. Needed a wheel hub assembly in front. All in all, I like the car. It gets decent highway mileage (20-21) but lousy city mileage (10-12). Got 89K on it and will keep it a couple of years more I guess. Am going to put new drilled rotors and ceramic brakes on it. Hope it's the last time. They don't make TB anymore so review doesn't mean much I guess. Repair Pal rocks. Thanks.
  • 2006 Lincoln Navigator too many minor electrical system bugs
  • 1994 Dodge Spirit i have cloth interior and i really like it. the head lights trying to adjust and the wiper arm, difficult on finding info on adjustments. other wise i like the car. I have 124.600miles on it and it rides like new. I've never been satisfied on a used vehicle like this one. I noticed that ford,chevy,Toyota has these large upwards of hundred thousand car recalls on them. i checked for mine and had a little over 7 since it was mfg. this i like and none was too major. those other ones, fire hazards. so yes i recommend buying this model of a dodge.
  • 2004 Chevrolet Cavalier I REALLY LOVE MY 2004 CAVALIER THIS IS MY FIRST CAR AND I SIMPLY LOVE IT, THE ONLY PROBLEMS I AM HAVING IS THE PASSENGER WINDOW GOES DOWN AND WON'T COME BACK UP AND THE WIPER ON THE PASSENGER SIDE DOES NOT WORK, SO I GOT TO GO GET MY BABY FIXED OTHER THEN THAT I LOVE IT
  • 1994 Isuzu Trooper I love my 1994 Trooper. 180,000 miles with a replaced transmission. Pros: Very generous interior without being a pig like a mega-SUV Incredible 4WD capability. I drove it 1,000 miles in the desert in Baja and it loved every minute. Cons: Steers like a steamboat. Heating is really awful.
  • 1990 Mazda MX-6 I actually have a 1988 model and it has been a great car. I bought it used 1 year ago from a meticulous owner who recorded every gasoline purchase and kept the vehicle garaged. It is fun to drive, quick up to speed, feels very sporty driving, solid body, good paint life, very comfortable seats, ergonomic, way ahead of its time at the time. It is completely dead right now but my battery was very corroded as well as the battery cables. Really not the cars fault.
  • 1997 Toyota Camry I bought this vehicle with 24,000 miles on it. It now has 120,000. It just keeps running. I chage the oil according to the manual and use regular gas. I have replaced the brakes once, I'm on my second set of tires, I alligned the front end once, the AC blows ice cold and I never touched it, the power windows still work but they are slowing down. and all exterior lights work but I did have to change a few bulbs. This car is 12 years old I have put very little money into repairs and it still gets me the 48 miles to work and back every day. It's not the flashiest babe magnet on the road but it is the most reliable vehicle I have ever owned.
  • 2009 Ford E-150 I like the body style, especially the front end with the big lights and the chrome grille package. the brakes are great, but they are a little touchy. the drivetrain is very smooth. almost don't notice the transmission shifting. though the lights are working properly I would like to see some on the doors for when a person exits the vehicle. Though the engine appears to be reliable I feel it lacks the power necessary for such a large machine. The exhaust is quiet which is great for my business, but I personally think the manufacturer should greatly consider high performance air intake filters and a nice 3" exhaust just to boost the horsepower in order to save on gas and it also helps the engine to breathe better which would put less strain on it ultimately increasing engine life/performance. Both heating and a/c are working and very powerful. I like the suspension, but the steering is much tougher than my other vehicle which is 7 years older. Overall on a scale of 1-10 I personally rate this vehicle as a 7. Though I have not owned the van very long and it is brand new I know the ball-joints are gonna be a problem. I really wish FORD would do something about that! It has been such an issue for so long. I'm not sure what they are waiting for. I also have the high-back seats (driver&front pass.). The top of the seat forces me to tip my head forward which after a while becomes very uncomfortable. I think it should go straight up rather than curve forward. Ultimately it's not a bad buy, but I have not testdrove any other makes (CHEVY,DODGE etc.). Hope this rating helps all who read it.
  • 1991 Mercedes-Benz 300SL Most reliable, affordable (used car) I have ever owned. And i have had many! Maintenance is cheaper than my mini van, if you go to the right place. I go to Collie Autoworks in San Rafael Ca. Darren and Denise are the ABSOLUTE BEST. I LOVE this CAR !!!
  • 1998 Mercedes-Benz S420 OVERALL, THIS IS ONE OF THE BEST HANDLING CARS THAT I'VE EVER OWNED. I'VE OWNED A Z-28 CAMARO, A VOLVO, A LEXUS AND ABOUT 7 TOYOTA SUVs. THE BRAKING IS INCREDIBLE AND THE DRIVE IS LIKE BUTTER. WHAT DRIVES ME NUTS IS THE GASOLINE SMELL IN THE COMPARTMENT PRESUMABLY FROM THE NEW CATALYTIC CONVERTERS WE JUST INSTALLED (FOR THE 2ND TIME). THE STEERING WHEEL PUMP HAS HAD TO BE REPLACED (ALSO FOR THE 2ND TIME). THE HEATER MOTOR HAS BEEN REPLACED BUT THE CAR STILL DOES NOT BLOW HOT AIR JUST LUKE WARM AIR.
  • 2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid I have owned and driven this car for 3 years, 75000 miles and everything still works, It all worked when I bought it and it still works 100%. How can I ask for anything more? Gets an overall average of 32 miles per gallon. Sometimes more but never less than 32MPG. I paid a rip-off price when I bought it, but I wanted the Hybrid. I knew the dealer was ripping me off, bought it anyway, told the dealer I would never deal with him again. But I love the car!
  • 2002 Isuzu Axiom great vehicle (wish for better fuel economy)
  • 1992 Lexus LS400 Best car I've had in 50 yrs. Have replaced power steering, and front struts. Some tranny work. Otherwise 190,000 miles of comfort driving. Body paint and interior like new. They'll sell this car the day after they bury me.
  • 2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extremely well maintained by my company - driven respectably - spent more in maintenance than it was worth. CONS: Endless problems with brakes as well as spongy feel (like my 86 Suburban); front D.S. wheel bearings and axle; so-so economy even when driving like a grandpa. PROS: rides like a car, engine itself is very good, auto-4wd is seamless when the front wheel bearings aren't failing.
  • 2001 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP I've had this car since 2000 and still love it after 9 years. I plan to drive it as long as I can. Tie Rods were just replaced at around 90,000 miles, this was the most expensive repair so far at around 1600 dollars.
  • 2001 Nissan Sentra Bought this car with 8,000 miles on it. I have done all the regular maintenance (oil changes etc.). Now it has 160,000 miles and still runs like a champ. Most dependable car I have ever owned. Only negative has been that silver paint recently began to badly oxidize.
  • 2002 Hyundai Sonata I purchased a Sonata brand new in 2002. It has been the best car I have ever had. It has 174,000 miles on it and I am just now going to have the timing belt changed for the first time. It has never given me any problems and I have just done the usual maintenace on it likes brakes, tires and oil changes. My only complaint is that the headlights have the milky coating on it from the sunlight.
  • 1998 Dodge Dakota I used to love this truck, but since it hit 90,000 miles, I have had to replace the PCM three times...and it still just randomly stalls. Many times the truck will just crank right back up and run fine for a day or two before it starts turning itself off again...even at highway speeds. I have had over $3k in repairs replacing everything...but to no avail. The truck now has 105,000 miles on it of which only 17k miles have been put on it in the last 3 and a half years. Truck still looks great and has been well taken care of, but keeps shutting off no matter how much I spend trying to get it fixed. Any suggestions?
  • 2000 Toyota RAV4 Love this car! Brakes are the only thing I have spent $$ on, outside of routine maintenance. AC has been balky a few times, needing repairs. Good mileage.
  • 2004 Ford Taurus I just pick up a 2004 Taurus with 24 v DOHC 3.0v6. for 5000$ 66K Miles in excellent condition this will be my 3 Ford Taurus , my first was back in 1990 it was call sable it was my first Front Wheel Drive and I did not change the transmission fluid when I should have and transmission went out at 90,000 miles . I replaced the transmission for about 1,800$ and drove it for another 100,000 . I bought a used 2001 ford ses Taurus it was program car with about 2000 miles . It is now has 200K on it and still runs like a new car . I change oil 3000 miles Transmission fluid every 30K. and I hope it makes 300k my son drives it every day to school . If I get this kind service out of the 2004 Taurus I will be a very happy owner
  • 1997 Saturn SW2 So far it has been a reliable car.
  • 2007 BMW Z4 My E86 Z4 M Coupe is an awesome driving machine that is equally at home on the street and the track. Steering is precise and handling is superb. This high-strung machine is not for everyone as the ride is rather harsh.
  • 1996 Chrysler Sebring I purchased this 1996 v-6 convertible new and have 110,000 mi on it. The only unusual repairs have been 2 expensive AC problems and a complete valve job due to a bad timing belt replacement (out of warranty). I have not fixed the defective odometer / tachometer as it does tell me the mileage every week or so. Electrics are lousy, but easily repaired at home. I love the car, but the ride is very sensitive to low tire pressure and the automatic transmission is sloppy / mushy. Great gas mileage (19-26) and great comfort on long trips. Oh yeah, and I got the Bose sound system - great. Reading Consumer Reports, I feel like i lucked out.
  • 2000 Mercury Mountaineer I bought a 2000 V8 AWD from a reputable dealer, and in general it's fun to drive, gives me a great view of surrounding traffic, and has good power. However... First off, I'm in MD but the beast has a CA emissions system... so my mileage in normal driving hovers around 14.5MPG or less. In the first 2 years I owned it, the repair bills totaled just shy of $5K, and I never know which part of the electrical system will mysteriously stop working (or mysteriously restart) under which circumstances. The front end's been rebuilt twice (the mechanic's comment was "Oh, yeah, I do a few of these each month"), and I have to always make sure I'm actually going in a straight line. Also, on those occasions when it chooses to work, the rear window wiper often jams up under the window glass when it first starts so I have to get out & pull it loose (and no one has ever been able to get it to clear the full sweep of the window). The only reason I've kept the beast is the cost of a new vehicle vs. the idea that "okay, maybe THIS time we cleared up the problems..." I'm willing to check out the newest Mountaineer with a jaundiced eye, but I wouldn't touch an older one with a 10-foot pole, sorry...
  • 1996 Saturn SL1 I've had this car 11 years has 152K on it and only had to do minor maintance, oil changes, brake, tires, tune up etc. great car for the money, it's been good to me for sure.
  • 1990 Chevrolet Lumina I HAVE A 1990 LUMINA EURO 3.1 AND IT HAS BEEN NOTHING BUT TROUBLE! I HAVE REPLACED FUEL PUMP, FUEL FILTER, BATTERY, SPARK PLUGS, CRANK SHAFT SENSOR, AND MANY OTHER PARTS, NOW THE CAR WON'T EVEN START.
  • 2004 Kia Rio I bought this car for my daughter to go to school and work. It had 45,000 miles on it-was a "cute" looking car. Less than 2 years later-the timing belt went and blew the engine. We've had issues from the start with the transmission, cooling system, brakes and suspension. My mechanic labeled the car "a piece of crap-not worth fixing". Had taken it to Kia dealer multiple times while under warranty for possible engine issues with the standard "nothing wrong found" response- till the belt blew and the car was a total loss-with $4000 still owed. DO NOT BUY A KIA!
  • 1996 Chevrolet S10 car gets doesn't get more then 25 mpg. ABS breaks arn't programmed correctly. 1st time I had to step on my breaks on wet road, pedal went to floor and had no breaks. Heard factory can reprogram computer but instead I pulled the fuse for abs. Now it works fine without.
  • 2001 Volkswagen Passat I bought this car in 2005 with 42,000. I paid $17,200. I now have 160,000 miles and it has been a fabulous car. I replaced the timing belt at 90,000 and the brakes at 120,000. I have replaced summer tires once and just bought my second set of snow tires. The car rides like new. Tight steering, smooth and quiet ride. Plenty of power. Since day one it has been prone to leaking a little oil. Turns out it is an oil seal that requires major labor expenses to get to. I add a quart of oil between changes. It is a pretty inexpensive solution. I agree the dealer is an expensive way to keep the car maintained, but I have a local guy who is capable. I have a couple of big ticket items coming up. Catalytic converters, and soon another new timing belt. Also, the struts can't last for ever, although they seem fine right now. Those will all total about $2800. But they are maintenance items, not something "going wrong". I am hoping to get 300,000 miles out of the car. The body and paint are perfect.