Car Owners' Reviews

Car Reviews and Owner Comments

I have had my 1994 crown vic for three years, as my first car, and have really not had many problems considering its an almost 18teen year old car from when it rolled off the assembly line, and I was a crazy lead footed new driver.. I did have to replace the passenger side upper control arm and barrings once, and have some electrical problems at the moment that I intend to fix.. but all in all the 83,000 miles I have put on it in the three years I have owned it, it has been the most awesome car I think anyone could ask for! the transmission has been sputtering which I just found out means the fluid needs to be changed...DUH! lol.. but in my opinion it is the perfect car! lots of pick up and go, tons of room, and a great look with a comfortable interior! and for a full sized car with a V8, great gas mileage! I swear by them and I dont even like fords lol!
realiable car, powerful, refined. only problem I had is idle is not smooth enough compare to my previously owned 2010 corolla. in order to get great MPG, I decided put up K&N cool air intake to replace one that factory installed, and performance chip. good thing is I replace both head light low and high with HID 8000K, LEBRA, etc a lot upgrade.
great car ,great hwy gas milage.ive been very happy with car
Bought used with about 40K on it. My 4th Cadillac. Now at 123 K. Always had front-end bottoming out easily with deep dips in roadway intersections and learned to drive it accordingly. Still own and like it. Still looks and drives like new with few repairs needed over the years. One of the better cars I've owned for sure.
I love this car. Great mileage and a 6 cylinder turbo diesel engine that feels like an 8 cylinder on steroids.
One FABULOUS vehicle. Best vehicle I have purchased, internationally. The later models no longer have a front bench option - BIG MISTAKE! I purchased this vehicle for that very reason. This model just goes and goes. Love driving it; my car is always the "vehicle of choice for trips;" our people and animals love riding in it. CHEVROLET - rethink your entire business plan, make more Tahoe's, reintroduce the front bench option, and you will certainly increase your profit margin in due course.
I bought a 1999 V70 XC new in Sept. 1998. It has 92,150 miles on it. It's been garaged and is in pristine condition. It is a great all around vehicle but they don't make Volvo's like they used to. So far, I've had the evapoator core replaced (about $2000): the ABS module replaced (over $1000); Driver's window switch replaced, Moon roof electrical problems plus a radiator leak. Now it's at Volvo for at least a blown intake manifold gasket ($ TBD).
Great car, expensive to maintain
I've owned this vehicle from new. Three warranty repairs, two of which were for the diesel and one for an O2 sensor. I'm disappointed at the reliability of the diesel - no reason to "expect" a valve cover gasket to fail at 28000 miles and wait four fuil days for parts and repair. Service advisor said "we seen this especially in diesels". I'm horrified. Its one thing to see recalls but I was expecting much better reliability esepcially with such a premium car and very expensive routine maintenance. I love this car, very comfortable but I will trade it and never recommend it to anyone.
Rear brake do not last,I was told this is a constant problem with this truck B4000.
this car does nothing for me is sucks to say the least. i paid 1200$ for it and now i'm putting 800 into it just to fix a electrical problem -.-
Funny. I bought the Pilot because no one would continue to take me to the dealership with the Jeep GC that I had for weekly repairs. Good move for me.
This winter we had 2 feet of snow. I had to get to work in the blizzard. The Pilot was better than the jeep that I owned. The 4X is flawless, up hills and down, even in reverse. Now I will take it on the beach to go fishing! It is not a mini van with a leather jacket! Believe me.
2007 Pilot. Chatter when you go over bumps. It was the parking brake. The rear brakes have the parking brake inside of the rear hub, and they must be taken apart, lubricated and adjusted. This procedure made it more quiet. I would recommend the dealership to do this procedure.
2007 Honda Pilot. A chattering noise from the engine. You could here it clearly if you listen by the passenger side wheel well. It is the water pump, tensioner, or maybe the timeing belt. There was a recall for the 2003. The dealership picked it right out when I brought it to their attension. It could break the timing belt. Honda does have a service bulliten out on that year. I have 32K miles. Otherwise, I love the Pilot.
I like this car, it is a 1994 S420, I had it for 6 years the main problem was the transmition, I have to build it twice. It has some electrical and minor michanical problems like any other cars the window motor has to be replaced twice, the heater/AC fan stopped workig for no reason, the sun roof gets stuck sometimes, the seats had some movement problem. Driving is enjoyable, engine is super power and very comfortable
This is our second Suburban and we really love them. The only problem we have is that the more recently made ones are a lot smaller than they used to be. We owned a 1986 and LOVED it. It was very spacious. Great for a large family.
No one knows how it is until they drive one; just great, one of a kind. Since born its been copied from everybody (Rav4,Murano,Infinity and more). Love the TOD system. 1999 Ironman Edition
Ive had my solara for about 3 years now, and I am more than happy. This is my 4th car and im only 20 years old. I have no complains. great with gas, no major issues!! Could not have asked for more
I adore this car!
Great vehicle. Very heavy, therefore goes through tires quickly. Electrical/computer systems a bit temperamental and give you warnings when nothing is wrong. Other than that, very happy after 50K miles!
Moved up from a E150 and I love it. I just wish it was easier to find accessories for E series vehicles. Brush guards/ grill protectors etc. Also, I went from the 5.8L E150 getting 16mpg in town to the 5.4L getting 13.5-14mpg in town lightly loaded. would love that 2-2.5 MPG back.
I have had my car for 3 years and I have not had any major problems at all.
Average Car
I bought this car with 28 miles on it in December 2000. For the most part I have been happy. I have to agree with jointer4. The 4wd vac tubes need to be replace every year. Not to hard though. Most of the engine work needs to be done by a Kia engineer it seems.
My experiences with reliability have not been as good as Subaru's reputation would indicate. We bought this car new, it now has 140k on it. We had the mass air recall when only a few months old, then the oxygen sensor died a few months later, then we had an oil leak around the valve-cover gasket that fouled the spark plugs, then at around 65k miles the odometer/speedometer failed and had to be replaced, at around 80k we noticed increased oil usage which steadily got worse, until we needed a new engine at around 120k (bad rings on one cylinder). Warped brake rotors not too long after that, now the alternator has died. My father-in-law also has a 99 Legacy Outback, with similar mileage, and he's just had a cracked head. My wife's friend has a 99 Legacy sedan, with around 150k, and she's on her second engine as well.
Not real happy with this one, too many leaks on a/c unit and hoses, dont think i will buy another Nissan
Have an '02 going on a year now and could be happier but for 92K and $7000 I'm a bit surprised at the luxury and performance I get out of this used car. Just a few quirks electronically to work out like the air bag light blinks Morris code every now and then but never stays on and only does it on occasion and the steering wheel incline motor is shot (at least its in the most comfortable spot and not like a bus driver mode, thanks God, but other than that its cherry.
Had problems with cat converter heat shield with vibrations. Also brake rotors pulsate. Tranny fluid gets burnt smell, changed fluid twice. Other than that its been a good car, bought new, now has 70K.
We have had 137,000 pretty much trouble free miles with ours (knocking on wood) Agree with one of the other reviewers about the outrageous cost of service at the dealerships. I wish we were getting better city driving milage as well.