Car Owners' Reviews

Car Reviews and Owner Comments

My 2001 Tiburon currently has 230k miles on it. I've been careful about completing regular maintenance. The struts were replaced at 150k miles along with the original break pads. Wheel bearing on the front left was replaced at about 200k and the front right at 230k (today, in fact). When the car was still under warranty, an electrical system problem caused the low and high beam bulbs to burn out. I was replacing each bulb every 3-6 months. On the worst night, both low beams went out. The dealer replaced the alternator and several other parts. This appeared to fix the problem. Overall, it's been an excellent car: reliable with good gas mileage (~30-35 mpg with the standard transmission).
The engine has been steady and strong. Brakes have had some repairs. The transmission sensor was replaced twice. My main concern has been the a/c. The blower resistor has had to be replaced.
good car smooth quiet ride
Great Car
This is a piece of junk. I started having trouble with this car at 2000 miles. The brake rotors warp if you look at them wrong. The engine in noisy and gutless. The AC system starting acting up and 31000 miles. I have had more warranty work done on this car than all my other cars put together. Avoid this car.
I bought my first Audi a couple weeks ago and my lust for this fine piece of german engineering has yet to wane. Sitting in the leather bucket seats feels like a cradle and the perfect climate control coupled with seat warmers make this car almost too comfortable. The sleak lines on the inside make you feel like you're in a cockpit and all the buttons and fancy gauge cluster solidify this feeling. The stock BOSE stereo system with casette player, 6 disc cd changer and Audi/BOSE subwoofer leave nothing to want for normal music enthusiasts. This system bumps, and big time but could be easily upgraded with a better amp. But honestly who would mess with a bose system with 8 total speakers including tweeters and excluding sub. Turn the key to unclock the door long enough and all the windows roll down. Turn to lock long enough and all the windows close, even the sunroof. Unecessary, very. F**king awesome you betcha. The 2.8 is very fast and with that Audi exhaust that grunt at right around 3,000rpms is orgasmic. The car feels heavy seeing as its a small v6 for the added weight of the quattro (all wheel drive). Also the brakes feel like they could stop faster, harder, quicker or something. The brakes is really the only sore topic for me. Steering is great for all wheel, unrivaled control and the suspension feels like floating on a cloud. This vehicle is all about luxury and the price to buy and fix shows it.
Great Car, but electrical problems and high cost to repairr
I owned a 1994 chevy corsica. I bought it when it was only four years old. It was by far the worst car I have ever owned. I spent a fortune repairing practically everything in the engine compartment including the engine. Everyone that I know that also owned one of these cars for a while says the same thing about this car. It is a lemon. I bought a 1993 corolla after this car, its 17 years old and we are still driving it.
I love my 2007 Corolla. My car has great pick-up. It really takes off. It runs great. Like any car it has some dings and dents from being bumped. Overall reliability, it is a great car. I have taken it on some trips and I am comfortable in it. It is not a luxery car. It is a budget car. My son has my 1993 corolla and it still runs great.
I purchased this car from someone that had not maintained it very well. I've spent well over $1000 already and have just started having serious issues with it idling and accelerating. Overall, I think it's a great, dependable car if you keep up with all the maintenance an older car requires.
Similar features on competitors vehicles would cost much more.
I will never purchase a KIA again This car will go out of park if the e brake is not set I have met three other owners with this problem If you hit a bump the rear end bottoms out One cannot read the indicator lights when the sun is out Prices for replacement parts are a joke when you can find them Factory tires are worn out in least the 20k miles Ones has to take off the fender to replace the headlights Even with an appointment, the free oil changes will take 3hours and more
great car
I've had nothing but problems transmission cooler in radiator developed a leak at 58000 miles had transmission rebuilt and external trans cooler added now with omly 92000 miles my pcm has gone out.
Thinking about trading the truck in for a 2011 (or probably the 2012) F-250 Super Duty Diesel 4x4. However, I haven't had any big issues except for mileage related. Just before 195k I had to rebuild both alternators and replace the batteries. At 200k, the water pump gave out. I've been very happy with the truck and may just choose to keep it in the family.
Overall, my experience with our 2004 subaru outback has been a poor one (purchased new). Quite frankly, I'm amazed they've maintained the reputation they're recognized for...In general, we've had continual electrical problems, from excessive light bulb burnout to poor speaker wiring and broken cd players. In addition, wear and tear components (i.e. stock tires, rotors, CV boots, etc.) fail far sooner than in other cars I've had (or have; Toyota and Dodge) under similar driving conditions. Other than the in convenience, it wasn't a problem until the car was out of which case repair costs were absurdly expensive...and laughably required multiple visits to diagnose and repair (our AC is STILL not fixed!). I purchased this car largely for it's reputation as a reliable vehicle and therefore figured the occasional expensive repair was manageable...little did I know!! With all that said, the handling of this vehicle in all weather conditions is simply astounding (heavy rains, snow and ice...of course with a decent set of tires...not the junk stock Bridgestones). I would ONLY consider buying another subaru if I REGULARLY had to deal with heavy snows....
My transmission failed with no warning. Vehicle is in the shop as I type. It has 85,000 miles and up until then I had no problems.
I was told by my mechanic these 2.7L engines have two problems: Timing chains breaking (it is an interference engine) and there is an engineering problem concerning lubrication in the block. Either one can destroy this engine. Love the car but it's not one you are going to keep for a long time. Wish I hadn't bought it.
Amazing vehicle...not much more that needs to be said.
My 1995 Crown Vic has problem with the power windows, they all started to have problems at the same time.
never stalled during the winter. very reliable!
I've had this car longer (5 yrs) than any other, and I plan on letting it nickel & dime me for another 5 years, instead of a new car payment. It's that good. It's smooth, quick, comfy, and has a plethora of extras. At least my GLS does, such as intermittent wipers that slow down automatically when you stop, sunroof that closes when car turns off, and doors that won't lock when you have the keys in the ignition. 115,000 miles and put only $500 into it; alternator, wheel bearings, and a brake caliper, all in the last 15,000 miles. It certainly stands up to it's warranty.
The sticker price doesn't match up to the reliability. I'm the only driver, car kept in garage. Both front leather seats and around the handle on the driver's side had to be repaired. Icon for lights keep coming on. Heating and AC have been on and off which has turned me very off. I bought it brand new to go into retirement!
Absolutely the best balance between economy and power.
first corolla ive owned and i love it
One of the nicest vehicles I have ever owned. I traded a 2006 Mercedes for this car and I don't regret it. So far, I can find nothing about this vehicle that I don't like. It rides nice, gets good mileage (I got the 4 banger), looks great insidea and out, and it has a great Satellite Radio. For the money, this is a great buy.
Great car and truly the ultimate driving machine. Not a car for the young or conservative. If you are planning a family or looking for a family sedan, get a 525 or 530! This car is a four door sports car with an amazing driving experience. Also save your money for repairs b/c it will cost for replacement parts and at the gas station!!!
Bought the car used in 2005 with 39000 miles. Read the owners manual and stayed with that maintenance program. Now have 62000 on it. I love the car it's a 3 liter Roadster & will perform when you ask it.