Newest Reviews:
  • 2000 Ford Expedition I purchased this 2000 Ford Expedition (Eddie Bauer Edition) on January 30, 2010. At that time it had 140,000 miles on it. I had to get rid of my 2001 Chevrolet Impala (>145,000 miles) due to an accident and it being totalled out. Anyway; I had the heater fixed (not working at all), electric door locks replaced, upper and lower ball joints, and all brakes replaced. Seems like a lot since I just got it, but being a 10 year old SUV, I think it was necessary. I have no real complaints about the Expedition. I wish the fuel economy was a little better, but again, for a 10 year old SUV, I knew it wasn't going to be super fuel efficient.
  • 1994 Ford Aerostar Bought a 94just like in the pic with 178,000 miles. purrred like a kiten, changed my own oil and flushed radiator. it had 210,000 miles when the fuel pump went out, I towed it to Beasaw's automotive at 6001 Lumsden in North Little Rock Ar. he wanted 200 labor and 275 for a fuel pump, well,I am no dummy,I replaced fuel pumps in the gas tank before I became disabled, I told him I would buy the pump, and he does the labor. He kept it for 4 months, would not answer my calls. I had to pay a lady to take me there, he said he was to busy! and it will be ready in a week. well,it was ready,and it did start,but it runs like crap!! he lied and said he replaced the distributor,and he made $5.00 on the job. Yea right!! it wont stay started unless I keep my foot on the gas, and itlost power. I looked under the hood and saw the linkage for the gas peddle was turned down. he did not have to mess with the gas peddel linkage to do a fuel pump. he just made it run bad coz I bought the pump for $55.00 now he says the intake gasket is leaking and it's 600.00 to fix. he took a smooth running van and made it run like crap!!. wish I was not sick coz I would take him to court. if there is any machanics in my aera that are not thiefs, please email me at vic966@gmail.com I would love to keep it. very sad I loved the van very much.
  • 2002 Mercury Grand Marquis over all car is a smooth riding luxury sedan,,, add a few more toys and it would be a lincoln at about a3rd of the price,,, but a lot of problems with the automatic temp control system
  • 2003 Saturn Ion I have had my Ion for six years. In the begining it was great. I loved. I even named it. But once you move to a place with harsh winters, the love is gone. I have had nothing but problems with the transmission. I have a manuel. I learned how to drive with a stick shift and have never driven anything else. So I know what I'm doing. in the last two years, I ha replaced the clutch, the clutch pedal had to be replaced because the plastic mechanism wore down and my clutch failed while I was driving on a busy street, and now the clutch won't disengage and my engine lift keeps coming on sporatically. Saturn wants to charge me $2k for the repairs and tries to make it seem like it's my fault. I was going to just sell it under value and not worry about fixing it. But now it is undriveable and everytime I come to a complete stop it stalls out, even though my clutch is all the way in. Oh and the slave cylinder needs to be replace, which means that when I could drive it I had to shift gears with two hands because it was so difficult to get the gear into place. Talk about dangerous. The demise of my car is devestating, especially since I took such good care of it. All the maitenance was done on time and usually early. I am so disapponted.
  • 1999 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP Greaat Car Never Experienced Power Like This Before..Will Be Even Powerful After Repairs
  • 2001 Cadillac DeVille brought vehicle in febuary of 2009 and have one year with it already and pretty good so far.and it was used had 110000 miles on it.no prblems
  • 2007 Chevrolet Uplander I had this vehicle for 1.5 years and we have 2 at my place of work. It is uncomfortable to ride in very far. Parts are hard to get and the vehicle is hard to work on. the traction in the westren NY winters is very bad. Also repair manuals don’t exist.
  • 2002 Mercedes-Benz CLK320 Catalytic Converter started popping and cracking at 60,000 miles. Mercedes refuse to cover even though website states 8 year 80,000. The passenger seat began to crack in the seam. I have put several sets of brakes on a certified car.
  • 2006 Ford F-150 XLT Supercab model bought new. OEM tires, Hancook, were HORRIBLE! Had to replace them @ 5,000 miles! Dealership was great resolving that issue! Other than that - VERY pleased with truck. Had a Ranger Supercab before this purchase. My wife even loves driving this truck. It has the 5.4 liter and a 35? gal gas tank - only way to go. Get the spray in bed liner, Line-X - indestructible!
  • 1993 Chevrolet S10 Blazer I really enjoy my blazer,its been a great vehicle. Its got 222500 miles and I expect many more. Has the 4.3 vortec,auto.2wd, and I love pulling 4wds out of the mud with it!
  • 1994 Geo Prizm I have a 1994 Geo Prizm LSI. I've had it for two years now, I purchased it used from a used car lot. I have regular maintanence done on the car as often as it needs it. Other than that I have not had any major repairs except for the back brakes when I first got the car. The brakes are okay but I have noticed I have to replace the front brakes and rotors once every year. The interior is still in like new condition, although I hate where the cup holder is located. My air conditioner blows out air but the air is not cold, I haven't bothered to get it checked out yet because it's not too big of a deal for me. I have had problems with my power windows since I got the car. Front passenger side window has never rolled down, back windows are starting to squeak when I roll them down, driver side window stopped working, got it replaced and now it's acting up again. My car only has 118,000 miles on it. It's been a great, little running car up until a few days ago. I did a basic tune up on it and put in a new battery and now my car starts, drive it around for 10-15 mins and then it abruptly dies out but after it dies it'll start right back up. I suspect it may be my ignition coil but every shop tells me they don't know what's wrong with it. I am thinking about taking it to the dealership or just letting it sit and getting another car and when I have more money to blow, then get it fixed. I'm not giving up on it though because it's been so good to me and don't want to ever see it go. I will defenitely cry the day I have to say good bye to this car. It's been very reliable and even though I am just now having a problem, I have had great experience with it for two years now with absolutely no problems at all so I would still recommend this car to anyone thinking about getting one.
  • 1995 Cadillac Seville STS I have 163,000 on my 1995 STS. Still drives & handles like it did when it was new. Did have transmission problems at 90,000..had speed sensor & torque convert replaced..had to have the solenoid sensor for trans replaced around 40,000 but still under warranty. Have had a oil leak for about a year so plan to repair that & drive a few more years..still looks good.
  • 2000 BMW 528i If you could find a good reliable affordable independent to maintain this car, she will last for long long time and with the one of the best road handling and comfort. Maintenance is very very expensive at the dealer so DOnt go there for basic routine maintenance. Test Drive one and you will know what i mean! AAA
  • 2000 Honda Accord My third Honda. Each has gotten over 200,000 miles with very little repair / heavy maintence. The newer the model the better the car. I haven't replaced my muffler as an example.
  • 2006 Lexus LS430 I have had this car since it was new, and I have found nothing wrong with it. It is a truly great automobile.
  • 1996 Isuzu Trooper I wish they kept the same engine and drive train in the 98 and newer troopers. All the problems don't occur in the 1997 and earlier. When this trooper rusts out I will be forced to go back to the newer Rodeo (same motor) just not as roomy and less quality. Isuzu makes trucks here as well as SUV's in Asia. I wonder if I should move to Thailand?
  • 2006 Chevrolet Impala Issues I have had with my 2006 CHev Impala,head lights are poor to average.Steering from day one makes a creaking noise when turned to far left or right, cant get dealer to find any problem.Trunk area above opening poor desing or weak metal many owners complain of early rusting.
  • 2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser I have had at least 5 PT Cruisers, I just sold one that had 125K on it, no trouble at all. The others were used when I bought them and I have had great success with them. They have enough power (all non-turbo) and good gas mileage (25mpg). Some folks complain about wobble etc. CHECK YOUR TIRES! I just replaced 2 front tires because of flat spots on a 07.that my wife loves and drives. The tires appeared to have a lot of life left, the car has 30K miles.Head lights glazed over on 01, got some 1200 grit wet sand paper and polished them back up, They also sell a kit at the auto store that will polish them.
  • 2008 Ford Explorer lots of problems with sensors, always has to have diagnostics run at $400 a pop, before ford will repair anything, this is a model NOT TO BUY, unless you have lots of money every time the sensors screw up, so far 5 have gone on this, because it is over the mileage ford are not interested, minimum i have had to spend on each repair is over $1500, but i give credit it is a dream to drive and comfortable when driving cross country, just so dam expensive to repair.
  • 2005 Mercury Mariner DON'T BUY THIS CAR
  • 1997 Ford Expedition 1997 Expedition EB White - Bought at 23k sold at 176k. Love the car 18MPG overall. very comfortable Replaced: 1. engine under warranty at 90k due to piston slap. Manufacturing fluke. 2. Replaced air suspension bladders at 130k $800 but the ride is worth it. 3. Never replaced the muffler it was good to the end. 4. replaced shocks once, front end ball joints at 110k 5. Replaced radio with oem from Ebay $50 was $800 from Ford 6. third row seat was manual and hard to fold or remove. Overall loved the car and have bought two expeditions since.
  • 1997 Mercury Mountaineer Just purchased February 22, 2010 with 148k miles on chassis and supposedly less than 20k on rebuilt engine. Just had all spark plugs and wires replaced, and fuel system cleaned. Next will be brakes all around. Supposedly two O2 sensors need replacing. Supposed transfer case leaks. Power door lock on driver's side does not work. Seatbelt latch on front passenger side gets stuck, so I have new replacement part to have put on. Roof lining around sunroof in poor shape, going to add decor for temporary satisfaction. Hood has no prop up stick -where do I find that.. and hood latch needs adjustment to be able to fully latch down tight.. still a good car.. just in the works to be better.
  • 2000 Buick LeSabre I think that the buicks suck. Im not a fan of US made cars but i still gave it a try. I have had this 2000 Buick LeSabre for 1 year now. I paid 7,000 for it and put about 4,000 in work into it. all of the windows stop working. The motors sounds like it a race car with a loud noise everytime i hit the gas,(not in a good way). the gas meter stop working. its all ways on full, even when i know its not. the trunk stop working, the only way to open it is with a key. The a/c commpressor just gave out. the head gasket leaks on to the engine causing a bad smell, the gas pedal sticks at time making it tough to brake. and the stock radio sucks
  • 2003 Honda Element My Element was one of the first ones off the line 10/03. She is a joy to drive and can do and go just about anywhere. I can haul camping gear for four. Four bikes standing up with out removing the front wheels. And two 80 pound labs. I can go hunting and come home and hose the old girl out. Pitty it has been discontinued.
  • 1991 Mazda Navajo I have had 3 Mazda Navajo's , first one was great, but rusted out due to northern winter salt on roads. Second Mazda Navajo was a 2WD base model 5 speed that lasted 315K mi. 2nd Navajo major repairs were Clutch, fuel pump, ball joints, and cylinder head rebuild at 210K mi. 3rd Navajo is a 4x4 5spd rust free TX truck and low mileage, no major repairs but needs front ball joints in the near future. Things to watch out for as a owner front ball joints, fuel pumps rusting out (northern trucks), push rods (making tapping noise) and rubber plugs on back of 5 spd transmissions shift housing, they dry out rubber cracks leaking fluid until trans goes dry on fluid, to fix remove plugs clean with brake clean and reinstall them with Ultra grey. Automatic trans. are weak for towing and 4x4 axle u joints are a big money repair. Over all these are great trucks
  • 2000 Lincoln Town Car I have a 2000 Town Car Cartier L series I bought it with very low miles. 3rd Town Car I have owned, my 1990 Cartier had 225k mi and my 1992 had 278k mi before the frame rusted out (lived up north then). Intake was replaced due to a bad plastic coolant crossover pipe design. I upgraded all ball joints, idler arm, and tie rod ends with MOOG greasable performance suspension parts (my choice old ones were fine). I installed Bilstein comfort ride shocks and Arnot limo grade rear air bags with lifetime warranty (old shocks and bags were good). Finally installed cast aluminum transmission pan with drain plug, so I could change my own fluid. Now this car performs and rides like a dream, I have 90k miles on it and can do all the routine maintenance work my self in the garage, easy to work on compare to most newer cars. Also the stretched rear doors on the L series is worth every penny. I talk to a guy at the airport once and he had over 600,000 mi on his L series and I hope to due the same. Living in TX I don't have to worry about rust either. Lincoln Town Car's have always been great cars for me would recommend them to anyone.
  • 2004 Toyota 4Runner The best car I've ever had. I use it for a couple of long trips a year, pulling the fishing boat in and out of all sorts of conditions, and a 40 mile commute every day. 108k on it with no repairs. I keep the tires rotated and aligned and have gotten 55-60k each set. Still drives like new and gets 21mpg overall. I'll drive this one 'till the wheels fall off and gladly buy another..
  • 1999 Volkswagen Passat We have a 1999 VW Passat 2.8 V6 5spd., my uncle bought it new. I bought it from my uncle at 90K. My uncle had new axles installed, control arms, and clutch. I now have a 122Kmi on this car and I think its a poor example of transportation. Coolant pipes under intake leak, major oil leak and smell from valve covers and cam chain tensioners. Electric water pump quit working, power steering leak, expensive timing belt replacement. Only seats I have ever rode in that give me lower back pains after 400+ road trip. For my house hold this car has been a piece of junk.
  • 1997 Ford Taurus I bought this 1997 Taurus 7 years ago and now has 202,000 mi still passes Dallas emissions with original catylist converters. When I bought the car I upgraded ball joints, and tie rod ends with Moog suspension parts (best). Always had typical wear items serviced with Ford OEM parts such as fluid changes, brakes, belts, tune ups and batteries. Only two major repairs done with transmission rebuild at 167K mi and fuel pump at 190K mi. Overall this car has been great for our household, one of the more reliable cars out of the five we have. I would probably buy another Taurus again for the family.
  • 1999 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 I love my truck..however in the 6 months we have had it. We have had the brakes and rotors changed (normal wear and tear), then we took it in because it was shimming, come to find out it is the steering box, and also found out the intake manifold is leaking...good news is after getting those fixed should be back to good as new:).