Newest Reviews:
  • 2001 Volkswagen Jetta Great car!! I have a 2001 Jetta TDI and the only problems I've encountered are the cheap plastic clips that hold the windows up...they WILL break! I read a review about this before I bought mine, and sure enough my driver-door window fell down into my door about six months after I bought my Jetta! Brake, tail, and headlights seem to "burn" out quite frequently, but are an easy repair. Also the air mass flow filter needed replaced at about 100,000 miles..made my car have no pick-up or power at all! Try to get that fixed while you still have a warranty!! Honestly though I have no complaints and would buy VW again. Oh yea, and my car smelled like crayons forever!!!
  • 2009 Honda Accord Drives and performs daily, nice ride, BUT I need to mention the noisy brakes, awful gas smell from AC (chemical smell) and the dealer can't replicate, it happens sporadically. Slow remote to open door. Overall, i feel discourage to have issues so soon. 3000K
  • 1997 Lexus LS400 hi,,,,,i have LS400 more than 11 years and I know the car ----it is perfect car for family---its fowerful and comfortable----it has few promblems----water pump,steering box,and suspernsion----there are the main problemes i got in this car---I leave in Oman---hottest place---the temp in summer over 45 and in wenter around 26---and my car runnig perfect ------also i got other few problems---in starter,dainmo charge,and other things---this days i have promlems with parts price---last week i change the brek parts --the front and the abs break only and it coast me 72 RO = 187$ without working charge!!!
  • 2003 Toyota Matrix This car has been a huge disappointment in MPG.. Advertised as 31 Hwy and 28 City (?) and the best we have done in almost 6 years is 28 on the Hwy (steady 70 mph) and about 22 around town. Wears out front tires way too fast (14K miles!), or maybe it was the Continentals that it came with. Other brands seem to do a better (about 20K miles which still isn't good). We also had a Mercedes E320 V6 up until last year that had almost twice the HP, torque, and weight and gave better mileage than the Matrix, 24 around town and 30-32 on the Hwy... Both numbers OVER the estimate for that car. And it was a LOT more comfortable.. Also more expensive and not as reliable, so it had to go. The Matirx AC system has needed an almost annual refill of refrigerant which has gotten really expensive. Mechanic can't find a leak, probably because it's too small. As someone else noted, the rear brake light is near impossible to replace and I've found that the rear wiper is a real hassle too; one mechanic who tried mangled the new blade getting it installed.
  • 1999 Pontiac Grand Am I got mine at 83,000 miles, currently I'm at 202,000 (over 5 years). I've replaced the rack and pinion twice and still have a problems with it. Other than that I've just replaced common items like the water pump, vacuum hoses, tires, and brakes. The problem with my rack and pinion is that it leaks power steering fluid. Both times I got it replaced by a 3rd party repair shop and both times it worked for a year and then started leaking and popping again. Since my water pump replacement I've been taking it to the Pontiac dealership and I haven't had the same issue twice. For the rack and pinion I just fill up the power steering fluid every 3 months, because it's 1200 to fix it by the dealership.
  • 2000 Volkswagen Passat When I bought this, I thought I was getting a very nice car. The exterior and interior was what sold me. However, it has been a pain in my a@#. Not only does it have major electrical issues, it's also expensive to fix. It started with the ABS module failing on me while driving on the freeway. Imagine the horror I felt going 70 mph when all of a sudden, I hear a beeping noise and then blinking brakes lights. Ever since then, I've been haunted. When I got my car towed for an illegal parking, all kinds of noises have been going off - it sounds as if I'm driving with the car door open. Then, I have had to replace the clutch and flywheel because of the steep hills here in Seattle. Now, 3 days later, I replaced the alternator only to have a check engine and battery light come on. To be driving on the freeway and only being able to go 60-65 mph while gasing it all the way down is very troubling. I would only sell this car to someone I don't like. Anyone know how to get some money out of the cash guzzling junk?
  • 2008 Toyota Corolla I have a 2008 Toyota Corolla CE. This is my 5th Corolla. I have some problems with this one. When you apply the brakes they make a loud clunking noise. The dealer service dept said they were fine. I have to use fuel injector cleaner in this one, never did before. It gets real sluggish sometimes and gas mileage drops. I had a side impact with another vehicle and after repairs were made i found my rear window completely loose and rattling. Repair shop said it wasn't anything he did, it must be a factory defect. Dealer where i purchased the vehicle said it probably wasn't a defect and he would gladly have it repaired for me. (He's a great guy and like i said this is my 5th car purchased from him). I don't feel he should foot the bill for the window so i'm paying for it myself. Other than this I love my Toyota's.
  • 1995 Nissan Pickup (D21) Best truck I have ever owned
  • 2000 Cadillac Seville STS Very comfortable to drive, good appearance, I don't want to trade it in for a newer model.
  • 1999 Volkswagen Passat I wanted to love this car - and did at first. But didn't take long for me to find out how expensive this car is to maintain.
  • 1998 Cadillac DeVille A wonderfully handling car with excellent performance, however my experience proved the 98 deville a lemon. With over 10K invested to date including a re manufactured engine we still have been unable to keep it on the road. Other problems include over 2K in HVAC and cooling system repairs. Do not go the recommended service interval on Dexcool, I recommend changing earlier. This car has had the stalling problem that was well described in these cars. The engine was replaced after blowing a gasket and I figured getting a new engine would keep it on the road. I figured wrong. Possibly the best handling car I've ever driven, including Benzes, but it has spent as much time in the shop as on the road.
  • 1996 Cadillac DeVille This car is hard to beat in terms of head/legroom. The engine is incredibly powerful, made even more so by a Flowmaster exhaust. Unfortunately, the car had had it's share of issues. A great car if you can keep it out of the shop, and it is really hit or miss. A transmission failure occurred, costing 3K. The engine oil gasket leakage happened at 50,000, and would have cost 2K but the dealership picked it up gratis. An EGR valve cost 350. The suspension now is shot, but that can be expected at this car's 130+K mileage. AC also had to be replaced and cost nearly a grand. Brake pads have only been replaced once and this car stops like a sports car. The body is relatively free of rattles, with the only problem being the cheap leather dye cracking and peeling on the armrest, steering wheel and seats. The car has seen a few electrical gremlins and also needed a water pump replaced. The radiator and belts have both cracked, resulting in overheating till fixed. After having this car for over 80K+ miles total repairs, not including regular service have ran over 8K. With the exhaust and a K&N filter I have actually gotten over 30+ mpg highway on Michelin touring tires. With all the complaints, I still would rather be in my car than most new cars on the road- they are too small for me, don't get much better gas mileage. 0-60 in 6.1 seconds. Big, fast, handles better than expected, great for long trips. Great when not in the garage. Like a C&D article said, GM cars bad longer than most cars run at all. I have gotten over 600 highway miles @ 70 on a 19 gallon tank- before the days of E10.
  • 1995 Jaguar XJS Touring at it's best! at 100mph blows away Corvettes
  • 2006 Honda Accord Hybrid PRO: This car is a pleasure to drive and maintenance costs have been really low, even for a Honda. Gas mileage is 26 in town and around 35 on highway with great acceleration. CONS: Honda doesn't make the Accord Hybrid any more. Gas mileage is better in the Honda Civic if you are interested in maxing that out
  • 2006 Mitsubishi Lancer I love this Lancer Evolution MR. It is my weekend track car. I have a few $$$ invested in all the right areas to make it a very competitive vehicle. It stupifies most Porsche, Ferrari, Lambo owners when it kills their very pricey road warriors with a 0-60 time of 3.2 seconds. It is the best money every spent for the performance received. Not to mention, it is very, very, very reliable. As hard as I push it on the track and for autox functions, nothing has failed yet. Again, spend wisely when upgrading, and you will still be in warranty and have one mean streetable weapon.
  • 2004 Mercedes-Benz E320 I bought this wagon for my wife who very much liked the third seat facing aft. While waiting to sell her SUV to by me a BMW, I began driving it to work and to pick up my business guests. Not only do I received endless compliments on the vehicle, I enjoy the practicality of it. It is like having a luxery car, that has a great loading capacity, and receives fantastic gas mileage. My only complaint is the high cost of maintenance at the dealership.
  • 1991 Mercedes-Benz 300SL Great Car! Maintenance not cheap, but not bad for such an expensive car. fun fun fun
  • 2005 Mercury Monterey Good solid vehicle though inferior fit and finish as compared to Honda Odyssey or Toyota Sienna. So far has been very good on maintenance.
  • 1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse Pros: Overall a great investment oppertunity. Easy and considerably 'cheap' to maintain. Fun to drive, easy on the eyes. Cons: Poor interior quality, Issues with the head gasket regarding leakage, steering can be a little touchy, lots of road noise.
  • 1999 Chrysler LHS i love my lhs, but at 10 yrs old it has some things that need to be fixed.
  • 2008 Honda CR-V i bought my 2008 CR-V EXL on November 15, 2007. this is a fantastic vehicle. as soon as i saw it, i knew i had to have it. traded in a two year old crv for the new one. honda a/c is one of the best in the market. i have no complaints at all with this vehicle. carries tons. would have been nice if it had come with the day/night auto mirror along with the controls to open/close garage door, etc. the aftermarket one works well. i've had hondas since i bought a 1976 accord hatchback.
  • 2007 Honda Accord Have really enjoyed this car. I did recently have a problem with the air conditioning - needed a part replacement. Of course this occurred when the temp was high. Had to wait almost a week to get the part in but they had somehow gotten it to work temporarily until the part came in. I was pleased with that. Also had the motor in the rear window replaced because of excessive noise. Was told this was a common complaint. Oh yeah, now that I think about it, the glass in the moonroof cracked but was covered by warranty.
  • 1993 Infiniti J30 Very comfortable cabin, small trunk, not as fuel efficient as you would like in today's world, but a great car. Repairs have been minimal over 16 years.
  • 1998 Honda CR-V Bought this car at 60,000 miles problems with it. Interior leak weather seal leak, A/C stopped working, Heater Blower motor, Rear trailing arms, transmission housing leak, Radiator cooling fan stopped, A/C cooling fan stopped, struts, strut bushings, engine mounts bad. When I purchased this car I thought it would be good on country gravel roads because it comes in a 4wheel drive package. I was sadly mistaken. I have kept up service and maintained the engine runs grate but have had loads of trouble with A/C and Suspension. If I were not a mechanic I would have spent a fortune on this car in labour. Trailing arm bushings replace by a dealer are about $600 a side. If you can do it yourself, look at spending $120 in parts and $100 for the tool to replace them. A/C system was not designed right. Makes for frequent mechanical problems after about 75,000 miles. If your a pavement only driver then this car would be ok if you can deal with no A/C half the summer. I would not buy another CRV but, that doesn't turn me against Honda cars.
  • 2004 Ford Thunderbird ABS Light came on @ 22K miles. This was a $450 fix (one wheel only D/S front) because Ford no longer stocks the sensor only as a repair part. The whole assembly had to be purchased. I recently found a TSB outlining Fords service requirements of this part. A small hole is needed to be drilled at base of hub assembly and wheel sensor need to be changed. However this was all discovered after warranty expired. Has anyone been re-imbursed by Ford for this? Also this was marketted and priced as a premium vehicle but lacks premium features such as memory seats associated with the key fobs allowing a two driver family to have their settings saved. A Jeep Grand Cherokee has this featur but not a Ford T-Bird? Why isn't there a Factory fitted GPS unit available to, didn't Lincoln LS owners have this available in 2004 or 2005? Seems at the time Ford was ignorant of the profits available with these expensive GPS toys.
  • 2008 Jaguar X-Type Pretty
  • 1995 Mercedes-Benz S500 suspension is not as smooth i would like for a mercedes.but so far i love this automovil is clasic, elegant and very safe.
  • 1998 BMW 740i 1998 740i (sport) - 101,000 miles - Body/paint/ flawless but some interior features are cheaply built or overdesigned and fail, such as: cup holders - all are overly complex and fragile and have all broken, the panel that holds the seat controls on the lower left side of the driver's seat snapped off (thin plastics) and the parking brake release is too flimsy and it broke, too. Several of the pixels in the radio/computer display have pooped out. Brakes are silent, tight, and wonderful. New rotors and pads at 80,000 (seems right). Drive train has been trouble-free. Exhaust is still like new, heating and A/C good, A/C could be stronger. New struts (used OEM to not mess with handling). Thermostat replaced and it's in need of new valve cover gaskets.(estinmated $300) All in all it is a dream to drive. hard to describe how rock solid and agile it is. VERY powerful (280 hp.), very fast, handles like nothing else - a real pleasure. Leather is superior to any other manufacturer - I understand BMW buys only exclusive Italian leather - and it shows. One problem... every repair is EXPENSIVE. Thermostat was $600, radiator replacementr was $700... you get the idea. BUT I bought it used at a substantial discount from original $75,000 price... so it's worth the expense. It's not as large as it looks (198 inches long, 4,200 pounds - It's smaller than the new Challenger) yet it holds 5 adults in silent opulent luxury. (That wood trim is real walnut).My "Artik Silber" (Arctic Silver) BMW is a timeless beauty. Best part - gas mileage is 20-25 mpg in the city, 24-28 on the highway. Incredible! Change oil/filter, rotate tires, and realign every 3,000 miles. Replaced all hoses and belts as soon as I bought it. So... she's been pampered. (And she's been up to 144 mph... with pedal left). Some call this E38 model of the BMW 7-Series the best car ever built. They might be right.
  • 1997 Ford Mustang GT 1997 Mustang GT Convertible - 178,000 miles - Replaced the automatic transmission twice (that seems excessive)and the rear end went out, and the anti-sway bar broke. Replaced canvas top and replaced leather interior - makes sense given the sunny climate and amount of exposure. Never a problem with engine. Alternator finally failed at 176,000. Car idles so smooth you think it had stalled. Brakes last, no squeal. Very good. replaces struts at 150,000 (also seems right). Stainless steel dual exhausts still like new. Paint has held up well. No rattles. VERY happy with this car. I change oil/filter, rotate and rebalance tires, and realign every 3,000 miles. Handles great, looks great and is a delight to drive. Good job Ford designers/workers!
  • 2004 Mazda Mazda6 2004 Mazda6 4cyl, automatic - 80,000 - Best handling front-wheel drive I've ever experienced. Not super fast, but fast enough. Interior materials could be better. I'm not in love with the cloth material on the seats, hard to keep clean and a little scratchy compared to Accords and Camry I owned. Ergonomics are excellent. Radio contols in steering wheel are wonderful surprise at this price. Huge inside, huge trunk, really something for its size (about 85-90% the size of Accord/Camry/Altima...) but a LOT more fun to drive. Feels VERY light and agile, steering response and road feel is excellent - a real driver's car. Yet quiet enough and smooth enough for long trips. Engine has weak low end torque, but at 160 hp it's fine for what it is. Mileage is, however, not outstanding for a 4 cyl(24-26). Nothing has broken, nothing has gone wrong. This base model has ABS, and dynamic stability control and side air bags. A VERY safe car. Dual exhausts and overall design is very attractive, sexy, sporty. Mine is "Lapis Blue" which is one of the most beautiful dark blues on the road. Reading lamps, leather steering wheel and shifter, courtesy lights, overhead console, and clever cup holders are nice touches. I own a Mustang GT and a 7-Series BMW, and I gladly drive this car, not as a step down at all. It is a beautiful family car. The right size Now they're big like everybody else. :o( The 2003-2008 Mazda6/Atenza was a "world car" sold in USA, Asia and Europe. It won 200 awards. It feels just right, a real surprise. Not an "appliance" like Accord/Camry/Altima/Malibu/Taurus. I highly recommend this car.