Newest Reviews:
  • 1999 Chevrolet Corvette THIS CAR IS AN EXHILARATING TO THE SCENCES.ITS A REAL DRIVING EXPERIENCE.IT HAS ALL THE POWER A SANE MAN OR WOMAN COULD WANT AND MAKES THE DRIVE NEVER WANT TO END.THEY HIT A HOME RUN WITH THE C5. JOE CAPRIO
  • 2003 Mercedes-Benz CLK500 No major problems got this car as used and little bit here and there to fix. happy with the car. just want to share something that I have done. driver side head rest has been stop moving up and down. got it fix by MB dealership cost around 380-400. heated mirror on the passenger side has be not working also has been fix by the dealership. cost me around 300-400 dollar. climate control stepper motor need to be replace as they start to have noise. parts is around 200 but the labor is a lot so i decided to delay the repair till it stop working. I have had few German vehicles already. First I love them even though they bring me some issues here and there. but I enjoy every dollar i spend on them. IMPORTANT ADVISE Always keep the Floor carpet dry and clean GET THE right Fit all SEASONS mats. Often check the floor even though you have the right mats, sometime the water still leak from the side( all electronic wires runs below your foot.) cleaner the Floor you kept better the condition and longer the life of all your electronic censers and devices. Always keep up the oil changes, because that will keep you away from engine and transmission failure. Only use manufacture recommended oils grade and brand. On the engine oil (me every 7-8k km), Gear box oil (me every 35K km) and rear diff oil( if you do have one, me50K km) there is no such a oil that last you lifetime. before you shut off your engine always turn all your audio and climatic control off. Never crank your ac or heat to the max once you just start the engine. yes your climatic control is meant to be use but not abuse. longer the abuse you give shorter the life it is. Keep the engine bay clean and Air filter clean. MAF will last you longer that way. Avoid the bumpy road and pud hole so that your control arms and suspension linkage will last you longer. Keep in mind those suspension linkage no matter how well you drive eventually it will need to be replace, due to the long hours of wear and tear from the road condition. I did purchased the CLK used, so therefore i will eventually run in to some small problems here and there. But as i know the owner and the full history of the car. i do have full confident in it. Suspension i used on it is PSS9 coilover, H&R sways front and back and i used KMS camber kits front and back to correct the alignment. full exhaust except header( do not custom install your exhaust, due to if O2 censer position is too close and too far the engine light will go on) My CLK500 also was chipped and have crank pulley upgraded. modifying your car is good only if you know what you are doing. Every mods have its own consequence behind it. Suspension will kills your linkage bushing faster( due to the original design of the bushing is not meant to have turn or twist at the level of your car sits. unless you want/prepare to changes all your linkage bushings and bearings. Sometime you can not even find the right stuff, due to the reason other company does not make them due to the marketing purpose. I want to stop here for now but i have a lot of good and bad experience from modifying the cars. So i pretty much know most of mods purpose. ask me question, if i know i would like to help you!! BY THE WAY I AM FROM TORONTO, CANADA
  • 1996 Geo Prizm My 1996 Geo Prizm has 135,000 miles on it and gets about 36 mpg. Factory-installed brakes lasted until 105,000! 120,000 miles: Replaced starter motor. 120,000 miles: Creak somewhere in front driver's side disappeared after shop inspected and repacked axle bearings (although none were replaced). Rear driver's side auto lock sticks and CD player finally started skipping at 130,000. Interior fabric and plastic in good but typical shape for a 14 yr-old vehicle. No other mechanical issues or repairs. An excellent car with great gas mileage in this era of SUV guzzlers.
  • 1999 Isuzu Rodeo Great Reliable vehicle! Easy to Maintain! Would recomend to other buyers!
  • 1996 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 My 96 Suburban 4x4 has been the most dependable vehicle I've ever owned. While it is comfortable and a joy to drive, it has pulled a diesel F-350 truck and dump trailer up a dirt hill the ford couldn't make. (the ford didn't have 4x4) I have one problem though, the daylight driving lights quit working. The indicator shows they're on, but they're off. How do I fix them?
  • 2003 Hyundai Sonata The vehicle is a good value and fairly low maintenance. You might need to have the timing belt replaced if the car is around 80k miles.
  • 1998 Chevrolet Prizm Very reliable vehicle great MPG and low maintenance.
  • 2007 Ford Taurus My ratings are based on value which means I'm considering how much I paid for my Taurus in the ratings. I bought my 2007 Taurus SEL two years ago as a program car and bought it right. It was still under warranty; I had several thousand miles of warranty left and did not have to use it. Since I've had it, I have only had to perform routine maintenance. Beyond that I have spent nothing. Many don't like the Taurus; that was good for me because I didn't have to pay a premium price for it. This is among the most reliable cars I've ever owned.
  • 2002 Hyundai Sonata I purchased my car in 2003, it's been rolling ever since. 128,000 miles on it and it still looks good and I look good in it.
  • 1997 Jeep Wrangler I have had my wrangler since 1997 and it has been great. I hope to drive it another 10-15 years
  • 2007 GMC Envoy My Envoy is only a few years old (2007) but I have put 84,000 miles on it. I drive mostly on highways at higher speeds but in the east coast where the climate extremes vary from winter to summer. The vehichle has been a good one with little problems considering the high mileage I put on it. I had an issue with a local GM Dealer when my car went in for warranty work. They were dishonest and kept my car for over a week on a one day repair..."milking" GM's warranty. I will never go to this Rockland County GM Dealership again.....especially since the problem was never corrected 100%.
  • 2001 Oldsmobile Bravada The awd sticks when making a sharp turn. Does excellent in the snow!! A little noisy when on the interstate, had engine light come on and it said the engine coolant was running too cool? That could be a number of things. Overall pretty pleased w/ vehicle just wish it was a little less noisy and that the awd was a little smoother when having to make a sharp turn or pulling into or backing out of a parking space. Also noticed that sometimes the fuel gage can give you a false reading. You may have a half a tank when your done driving and get in the next morning to see you only have a quarter of a tank.
  • 1992 Buick Roadmaster We had one of thee cars several years ago and just bought another. They have a lot of gadgets to take care of but are comfortable, stable on the highway, and get surprisingly good gas mileage.
  • 2004 Volvo C70 Love this car. It's a pleasure to drive and has been very reliable. I bought an extended warranty but it turned out to be a waste of money since I only had a $100 repair during the 3 years of warranty.
  • 2002 Chrysler 300M Where to begin. Well fist off this is now my second Chrysler 300M (not my choice). The first one I had bought something just didn't seem right. The car drove and sounded funny after the first week and I took it back to the dealer for them to look over. They came back to inform me that I would be receiving a different one and to go and remove everything in the car. So I drove the 2nd car they gave me home and had it for 2 weeks. While driving on the PA Turnpike the engine started making a very strange noise in which I have never heard a car make before. I slowed down by the noise only became worse and worse so of course I pulled over and shut off the engine. After letting it cool down I attempted to start it again. It started perfectly fine but when the engine was running it sounded awful. Words can not even describe the noise that was coming from the car, but clearly there was something wrong. The car was towed (in which I had the dealer pay for the tow) and Chrysler had my car for 3 months. 3! They ended up replacing the engine completely. A few months later the radiator went bad and had to be replaced, however it was covered under warranty but I still had to pay something out of pocket. After the warranty expired I had to have the transmission rebuilt, both from control arms replaced, water pump, timing belt, radiator (yes, again), and a bunch of hoses. Now my car will suddenly start sputtering if it goes above 2.5 RPMs. God only knows how many times I have had the brakes replaced as well as the rotors and also have it aligned. I am very careful with hitting pot holes and other thing as well as making sure I am not slamming on the brakes. Also while driving the interior lights will flash. It is very rare that it happens but I have done more research on it and apparently its something that pretty much every Chrysler 300M does. It doesn't affect the car at all (for now anyways) but it is still scary because it indicates that something was put together poorly. I will never EVER buy a Chrysler for as long as I live. I have never had so many problems with a single car nor have I heard of any other person have as many problems as I have. The only good thing that I like about this car is its appearance. The car looks like a great car, but you clearly find out differently when its started and driven.
  • 1996 Ford Thunderbird These cars drive beautifully. Their handling is matched by their stylish good looks. The car seems to be well built and not so subject to rust a easily as earlier cars. Their 4 speed computer transmissions are glitch ridden. But they seem to keep going. Head gaskets can be a problem as well. But over all this car is a keeper. I took my '96 T-bird with 128,000 miles on an 8,500 mile trek across the country. It's v-6 managed to average 30 mpg loaded down. My next car is going to be another 1990's T'bird with less miles. They really are nice cars.
  • 2005 GMC Sierra 1500 with 93k now i just did a major tune up and fluid flush and exchange. The problems ive had are as follows; the water pump leaks , replaced for 600$. the speedo doesnt work.some of the heater lever lights and radio button lights on the dashboard dont work. the finish has worn off some control panel buttons.the front end tie rod ends and pullman rod are loose. the transmission lines leak. there is a leak in the real axle seal. I think thats it. It would cost about another 2k to fix the things i havent yet. There is a clunk in the steering when i turn or go over bumps. Otherwise, it runs fine and hasnt really had any other problems. I like the comfort of the seats and the roominess of the crewcab and back end. Tows great. Hope to put another 100k on her.
  • 2005 Honda Accord Hybrid Although the Honda Accord claims to be a gas saver and boosts a 26 city/37 highway accolade... we are only getting about 19-20 in the City. On major interstates with no hills we do claim a 34 mpg rating. One major problem we had with the car with a vibrating noise. The Honda dealership in Dubuque here did not want to address the problem at first (still under warantee at the time) we did our own research and found out it was a harmonic speaker vibrator in the front dash. It is a noise cancelling system Honda uses to deaden any engine/road noise. Eventually after calling Honda directly, the local dealership did replace the parts. It was a 6 month headache getting to that point though. If your car makes a vibrating noise this is problem the problem. It sounds like you are constantly driving over those bumps that make you wake up if you are sleeping. Usually the noise comes at around 40mph or higher. Engine light also comes on every few thousand miles or so -- Honda dealship says this is just a bad sensor that is way in the engine and hard to get to. Unplugging the battery for 5 minutes usually corrects this problem. Overall, we are extremely unhappy with this car. Although it does drive like a dream -- the milage isn't there... something we wanted when we bought the car. Also another bad feature is that there is no spare tire... only a blow up doll type tire. (can't go far).
  • 2009 Jeep Wrangler Engine is way under-powered, poor gas mileage. Chassis and body excellent for its utilitarian purpose.
  • 2008 Toyota Camry This is the second Camry of this style I own. I've been very pleased with it. The only gripe I have is that it is slow to get moving. Also when it gets cold it shakes a bit like a manual transmission does when the revs are too low...this is an automatic transmission however.
  • 2004 Mercedes-Benz C240 How To fix: - Brake light switch failure can cause the ESP and BAS warnings to illuminate. - The SRS (airbag) light may illuminate if liquid is spilled into the seat belt buckles or pools underneath the seat and gets into the electrical connector for the seat belt pretensioners.
  • 2005 Chrysler Town & Country Our van only has 37,700 miles on it and is garage kept. It is showing significant signs of rust on the rear hatch and along the body seam running along the underside length of the van. In fact water is trapped in there and and trickles out so I still have a puddle in my garage a week after having driven it in the rain! Motor started acting up several weeks ago, check engine light came on, haven't had a chance to hook it up yet. Automatic door opens/closes hard. Problems one shouldn't have with a pampered vehicle in my opinion - won't buy another and wouldn't recommend.
  • 2006 Acura TSX I love this car. Bought it with the Automatic and NAV. I grin every time I get a chance to drive it around a narrow windy country road. It is quick and comfortable and looks sharp. I get great gas mileage with the 4CYL. 25 city and up to 34 Highway. It is rock solid at 115 MPH on the open highway the few times I've been dumb enought to do that! No problems in 63,000 miles. Always dealer serviced. Brakes lasted about 30K on my 2nd set. Tires last about 50K. Both my wife and I drive it pretty hard. Premium gas is a must for good performance. 2009 models now are larger and come with an optional 6CYL. I can't imagine the trouble I'd be in.
  • 2007 Chrysler Aspen 30000 Miles and no major issues. I have the reported problem with the transmission shifting into Neutral when I select reverse, but I find out here this can be resolved with a software update. Yeah! Vechicle still gets stares because of its good looks. Sharp. Now an endagered species too. Ride is nice 95% of the time, but rear end gets jumping around a lot over rough roads and a lot of hop. The AC unit is a little too noisy at times starting up. The rear seat hooks when the flip and fold is used to access the 3rd row are dangerous and I cut my arm the first week I had it! There must be a better system. There isn't much room behind the 3rd row for cargo when the seat is up. And is sucks gas (Hemi and my lead foot) something terrible. I'd be happy to get 14 in the city but it is more like 9. 19 on the highway is almost true. I hate the Nav system and the input method. But the radio rocks and the DVD system is great for the kids. It tows just about anything which is why I bought it. So the tradeoffs are worth it. Leased it and may even buy it at lease end against my initial thoughts. Can't get a better SUV for the price as nice as this.
  • 2004 Toyota Sienna Bought this van new in 2003; one of the first off the line for the new body style. Have 114k on the van and we've loved it. The suspension is a little soft and it doesn't corner like teh Odyssey but after a while is very comfortable. At 114k, we've had two wheel/Axle bearings go bad following the Routine timing belt replacement. Otherwise, we've had few Mx issues since purchase.
  • 2007 Cadillac CTS Love the car but am not impressed with brake wear and tire wear. Traction not good on wet roads with stock tires, front stut broke, ground wire loosened and rearend was replaced. Even with these problems I still love the car.....mileage around town poor with the 3.6L engine.
  • 1995 Geo Metro Best car I ever owned. Bought brand new in 95 with 6 miles on it. Still running at 205,000 miles. Smooth ride on highways, some normal amount of rattle over tracks and neighborhood driving. 39 mpg hwy, 35 city. Driver side window is slightly difficult to roll down. Paint still shines. Interior has normal fading on dash. Faithfully changed oil every 3000 miles. Normal repairs, breaks, tires, exhaust system. Engine components still original.
  • 2004 Lincoln LS Frequent ignition coil problems (replacement required @$150 ea.) Engine knocks when low grade or low quality fuel is used. Engine knocks when a low grade (thinner) oil is used. Beautiful car and a smooth ride, but it is picky at times!
  • 1998 Chevrolet 1500 Pickup Truck has had nothing but tlc. WORST vehicle ive ever seen.
  • 2008 Volvo C70 Great-looking car. "Transformer" hard-top convertible is a show-stopper. Fast, comfy. But handling is atrocious. Terrible torque steer, jittery on bumps.