Car Reviews and Owner Comments

Car owners review and rate their cars.

Horrible car .. sorry I bought it ... College Park, MD Hyundai, don't go there!!! Not too honest. Hyundai mechanics don't seen to know about the care (none that I have gone to). Do they train on other cars because they have no knowledge Hyundai repair.
I am actually Canadian but the site doesn't accept my postal code.

I owned my used 97 pathfinder SE since 99. It initially had 27000km when I bought it from a guy who babied it. It now has around 150000km and it's still drives like new.

There has been a few but expected repairs done on the vehicle. Three door lock actuators ($300 per), knock sensor (approx. $800 part of it was covered under factory warranty), exhaust (approx. $1000), anti-sway bar links (about $400), starter (about $300), water pump ($300). The upper radiator hose cracked and had to be replaced ($30).

There's the usual replacement of brake pads (2x so far), frequent oil changes, tires, etc.

Some of these repairs are just simply due to the age of the vehicle and are expected but they are repairs nonetheless. The retractable antenna is also not able to retract completely.

The body is still in great shape with no notable rusts except the hood is starting to rust due to some highway driving. I'm looking to repaint it if the price is reasonable.

The only complaint I have is the slow acceleration of the vehicle. While I don't expect race car acceleration, like my 90 CRX, it is very sluggish when going off the line. Fortunately, Nissan fixed this issue since the 98 Pathfinder. The 98's and beyond has a bigger engine (240compared to 170) and the acceleration has improved.

The engine, in general, has been more than adequate to handle city commute on a daily basis. Don't skimp on the frequency of oil changes as it'll come back and bite you in the end with costly repair bills. I do oil changes on the vehicle semi-annually to avoid any problems. $120 per year for oil changes is better than $1000+ every few years for your engine. Besides, once the damage is done, your engine will never be the same again even after repairs. Treat your Pathfinder like a lady and you'll be rewarded. The height of this vehicle also makes it versatile enough to hop the curb without damaging the suspension or the body to navigate tight turning radius's in the city, and it's also great on dirt roads for those camping trips.

This is one of the best cars I've owned. I've owned a Honda (for 16 year) and Toyota (for 6 year) before this vehicle. I love this vehicle for its comfort and cargo capacity. There's room for kids and the dog. Tons of storage for road trips. Handles well for a large vehicle. Decent gas mileage considering my heavy foot. I would definitely get another Nissan and recommend others to do so.
troublefree since I bought it in 04. Almost 50K miles with no issues.
My family has owned escorts for years and have always loved them, but when Ford decided to do the DOHC ZX2s, they destroyed the escort image. I purchased my 2001 Ford ZX2 in August 2001. Within days of buying my vehicle I started having problems. There was a hesitation in the transmission. The dealer mechanics were unable to reproduce the problem and basically insinuated it was because I am a woman driver. I drove it with the slight hesitation in the transmission for 2 years before the transmission finally went completely out. Of course by this time my warranty had expired. The car sat for over a year before I could afford to replace the transmission. Two days after getting my car back from replacing the transmission, the timing belt stripped out....which wasn't something I wanted to deal with after paying out all the money for the transmission repair. Not long after that the air conditioner quit working along with my driver side window. I had to have the car completely rewired and have the computer replaced. The car really has been one problem after another. It's now been sitting in my front yard for years since every time it gets taken out something else goes wrong with it.
Excellent vehicle. At 160,000 plus miles it still runs excellent and quiet. Owned for 10 years and haven't had any problems until now in which I am replacing the timing belt. It is noninterference which means that I won't encounter additional motor problems.
I have a 200 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro. I love it minus the repairs. But I can't thing of buying anything else but Audi in future. May I'll look for 2003-2005 Audi A4.
I love my G37S. The driving experience is wonderful. It's not quite as luxurious as the Lexus IS series on the inside, but it's real close. And what it lacks there it more than makes up for in sportiness.
Bought this truck as the 2nd owner..awesome vehicle! 185k mi and still strong. I am having some brake problems currently, but overall a solid truck.
I bought my 2006 Isuzu Ascender brand new in July of '06. I absolutely love this vehicle! I am going on 4 years now and have had no issues until last week. I have to replace my alternator and battery. I think that 4 years is pretty good for no issues!!!

I originally bought this SUV because I needed something with more room in it. This vehicle is the size of an Explorer, yet it has way better gas mileage. I usually get 29 mpg, hwy, and 25-26 mpg, downtown. I have yet to find a regular SUV with that kind of gas mileage.

The Ascender drives like a dream. Even my mother, who refuses to drive anything but small cars likes to drive my Ascender. It is very comfortable, and doesn't feel like you are in a big vehicle. If anyone is getting one of these, I recommend getting one with the separate air/heat controls in the back. Otherwise, your passengers may not get comfortable.

My only regret buying this SUV is not getting the 7-passenger. I never thought I would need the extra flip up seats in the back, but since I get such good gas mileage, everyone always wants to ride with me, and there always seems to be more people than my 5-passenger can handle (especially now that I have 2 children)! :)
Had this car for a couple years now actually, I found mine in a junk yard, paid 200 dollars for it because somebody was in a wreck that just messed up one of the fenders and thought it was broken now, I love idiots, anyway, it has about 200,000 miles on it and still drives better than anything else I've ever ridden in. I had to replace the heads on it when I first got it but that was just because of the wreck it had been in, but I haven't had any problems with it that weren't easy to deal with, being kind of old, the headliner started to fall so I tacked it back up, the power steering was going out so I just put a new pump in, one of the fan belts broke and knocked loose my transmission fluid line but i just put a new line and belt on it, and these are the only problems I've had after a couple of years, and none of the repairs have cost me more than a couple dollars just getting parts and things from junk yards, if you know what you're doing, it can be a great car, and it has to be a good car if it's lasted this long for me, I drive like I'm in Nascar and it still drives as smooth as the day I got it. Beautiful car, and amazing quality
We bought a 2001 Tribute new. We had to replace the transmission at 72,000. My wife was stranded 50 miles from home. Seatbelt sensors were replaced 3 times under warrantee and after warrantee the dealer soldered the wires for a more permanent fix. Brakes are poor and need to be replaced often. Rotors warped and master cylinder leaked. Just replaced it. Transmission linkage failed down at a plastic bushing at the transmission, again stranding my wife far from home. This is my last Mazda! 2001 ES-V6 4WD.
1) the electrical wire issue. Basically this makes the car a rolling wreck with it only a matter of time before they short out and your entire computer system and or EZL explodes...anyone out there care to guess how much that would cost (an EZL for this particular car is extremely expensive) I was told that the insullation was designed to be GREEN and biodegrade...which is why it falls apart...I really think Mercedes owes anyone still owning/driving some sort of help on this
This is a great car. I bought it used at 78,000 miles. I did have to replace a strut right when i got it. But other than that I have not had any major problems with this car.
This car handles great and has a very good turning radius. I did have a tail light go out which is more difficult to replace than it needs to be. ai have 50000 miles on it and the water pump went out. The repair shop said it was common. Cadillac is suppose to be GMs top of the line but they can't seem to make the engine last to at least 100000 miles with no problems.
Purchased this 2009 Camry just 2 months ago. I wasn't really looking for a new(er) car, but this car was in the parking lot of my credit union and was being sold at an excellent price! The car was 1 year old with 11K miles. It was previously owned by a Toyota dealership and used as a 'loaner-car' for customers getting extended service on their cars. It had no defects in the finish, excellent tires (Michelin Energy MXV-4s) and an excellent CarFax showing all the scheduled maint. completed on time. Both recalls regarding SUA (sudden unintended acceleration) were done... including a flash of the computer memory (ECM) so applying the brake will over-ride accelerator. So far this Camry is great. I like the ride... which is very smooth, quiet, with good mileage (26/32).

I first started driving Camry's in 1989 where I fell in love with the model. Since then I've owned two '94s, an '02, an '05 and now the '09 (still have the '05). The Camry model has been a reliable model for me. Very low maintenance - good mileage - and comfortable ride.

With all the recent bad press about Toyota, I really didn't think I was ever going to buy another Toyota product. I think a lot of the bad press is blown way out of proportion. This car is great!
I live in the Colorado mountains at 10,300 ft. The winters are brutal. I have had the pleasure of total confidence in whatever weather comes about in my Vehicross. This car is a tank. I put 104K miles on this vehicle in the last 5 years for a total of 142K with only maintenance and no mechanical issues. The back seat access is terrible and the visibility out the back is horrible. However, the acceleration, handling, reliability, and off road performance is superb. Watch oil consumption (it used oil even at 37K miles) and keep the EGR clean an this vehicle will last and perform. Finally, the Recaro racing seats are extremely comfortable and will take you easily on long trips.
I am a college student and got my 99 Solara used at about 70000 miles. It now has 172000 miles. So far I have had the tires replaced, lights kept going out but that is not a big issue, and had my rear brakes replaced. Besides that just the normal routine stuff. Overall I have really enjoyed this car. It looks sharp, had a lot of spunk to it and has taken a lot of travel and abuse from what is expected from a poor college student. My transmission has just gone out though and I am looking at spending 1500 dollars for a new one. That is why I am on here looking to see if it would be worth it for me to purchase a new transmission or scrap the car at 172K miles. ..... So far I think the new transmission might be worth it.
We bought this car new for my wife to drive and she loves it! My car was a 2002 Camry and the '05 model rides quieter and smoother than my '02. In fact, I just traded the my '02 or a slightly used '09 and love that one too. The '05 Camry gets decent mileage at 25/31.

There are 65,000 miles on the car now and the only thing we've had to do (besides routine maint) was to replace tires (~27K we put on Michelin Harmony tires), replaced battery after 3.5 years, and had to have the Catalytic converter replaced as it caused a 'check-engine' light. The CAT was replaced under the standard drive-train warranty so at no cost to us. This is a great car in my opinion!
Just as I went over the mileage for the warranty coverage, the transmission started acting up. The transmission started getting rough when it shifted from 2nd to 3rd and back from 4rth to third gear. When I went to get it repaired. The mechanic also noticed that the engine mounts were almost all gone and that the radiator mounts were all torn. The body, engine, heating /cooling, and electrical are all still in very good condition. There is a slight rattle when driving over some bumps. I'm assuming that I'll soon need to replace the struts and/or shocks. The large turning radius sucks but is not a major problem. I would be very happy with this car if it wasn't for the transmission trouble.
Purchased this 1999 Landcruiser 6 years ago with 102k miles on it - today have 175k with only expected repairs like brakes, O2 sensors, shocks. Solid vehicle and expect to get at least another 100,000 miles. Highly recommended other than the ave 15-16 mpg gas milage.
This car is good for first time drivers it has a few minor issues that if kept un supervised could go bad but good on gas and reliability i baught it at 74500 miles and have pushed it severly 8 hours of driving a week but once somthing gose wrong it gose quick it took my car 4 days from the start of the issue to the fuel pump giving out
Pverall Great car. DVD player view screen does not stay up, had issue with broken back seat laying down, currently having an issue with random lurching when starting from a stop we cant seem to find out why. drives great. CRT great. repair maintenance costs low
I bought a 2004 Saturn in 07. It had 48,000 miles on it and seemed to run fine.. until it got cold...or cool anyway. If the wind was blowing and it was a little cold, it would take about 20 tries for my car to start in the morning. What's really odd is, I had about 6 inches of snow on my car and it started right up! I have taken it to 2 different mechanics and they can't figure it out. Also, the turn signal keeps burning out and now that I kept replacing the bulb, the contacts that touch the bulb itself has burned in half. My inspection is due and now that Saturn is going under, I have to search for a mechanic that even works on Saturns and wait for the part to come in. Am really sick of this car. I had a Ford Probe for over 10 years and it NEVER gave me problems. I have this one not even 3 years and I'm already ready to get rid of it. Saturns are pieces of crap and I will NEVER buy one again nor will I recommend anyone else buy one.
It's a nice car
Just bought the truck so far i love it great truck
Love my 2009 Mercury Milan Premier V6. Loaded with everything except AWD which in my opinion is a waste of money. Car rides smooth, quiet and luxuirous. Love the all leather interior, heated seats and SMOOTH tranny. Averaging 24 mpg and getting 29.9 to 32.3 on the open highway. G R E A T C A R ! ! !
I bought this car from a previous owner, and they "uped" the engine, so some of it runs great and others don't, I had to replace the whole entire cooling system, long story short, good car bad owner...
2004 Kia Rio can really be surprising with all kinds of vehicle problems that it has eyes and ears so you need to behalf in it, while riding and driving. Problems of a 2004 Kia Rio and along the trail will eat your money throughout its lifespan. It can really be a good car, if only these problems do not exist... here goes the evils of 2004 Kia Rio.. Drive on a smooth road, if your tires are bad because it can hold you for two years,but once three tires become really bad, start buying one by one. After you buy the first tire, your wheel will start shaking like a cranky baby (alignment/axel problem) scaring you all the time as you take a drive on road and not making you drive on the freeway because the second tire will blow out on you. It is true that as you drive on a steep hill, it does not have the horsepower to go on the speed limit, as a very idle baby needing to be cradled, as other people would make a laugh at you on the road for slowing done on the speed limit. Then, again, it becomes so active in speed beyond the speed limit like an hyperactive crying baby without control. The Brakes are unpredictable because it does not hold onto a stop that its timing just sped you so fast that is why you need to leave one car space in front of you as you drive on the road. When it comes to traffic light stops, you need to start stepping on the brakes half-a-mile before you come to have the brakes stop. Its brake plates are bad because the lugnuts does not fit in the hole size, what a workman's craft in this 2004 kia rio. Kia company needs to replace its engineers for having a sleepy nonsense brain in math and design. Alignment/axel, a very noisy car, when it its bumps and broken road. Its door just lock you out and its window just trick you in the roll up. there is a ghost living in the 2004 kia rio, could it be that the previous owner died in the car of the worker at kia rio manufacturing shop. Wiper just cut you off, headlights panel darken its face. raditor, transmission, starter all are problems. Kia Manufacturing company needs to give all 2004 Kia Rio Free repairs for life. it is just a sickly car with too many ailments. thanks! Owner 0f a pre-owned 2004 kia rio
At about 115k the plastic plug protecting the engine from antifreeze and cooling fluid broke and the antifreeze went into the cylinders.
Back window rusted out. Fuel gauge is inaccurate measures 1/8 tank and is empty. From the dealer floor used 1 qt oil every 20000 miles - no smoke oil just gone - a perpetual oil change.
Blower motor intermittent as well as wiper motor.
Fuel lines rusted out and fuel pump just went.
i think there are problems with the cooling fan system and BMW is covering it up.