Car Owners' Reviews

Car Reviews and Owner Comments

I like the 1999 XK8's styling and performance. Had to have the tensioners and timing chains replaced. That was a little expensive($2500).
this car is in good condition check engine and maintenece light are on
Trunk space is almost nil when the top has been opened. Cup holders are in an awkward position on the back center of cockpit, the pasenger cup holder is more accesable to the driver, it opens from the center console. The air turbulence in the cockpit will blow out anything not nailed down. A windscreen is available but I do not have one. The pickup when merging with traffic is very quick. The car sits low and is harder for other drivers may not be aware of you. You have to drive with the attitude your on a motorcycle and be aware of everybody else. The response to the accelerator is like driving a motorcycle. It is a very, very fun car to drive. The handling is outstanding. Exiting the car your almost sitting on the ground and is a little work to get to the standing position. When the top is down visability is 360 degrees. When the top is up there are nominal blind spots.
Very reliable and nice to look at. Comfortable and quiet. The only problem I had with it was one of the back windows stopped going down. Quickly repaired by the dealer. Hasn't had a problem yet I've had it for a year and a half. I recommend it to anyone. Just if ur going to buy it used completely check and test it out before signing anything.
Brakes went out at 10,000 miles, Sterring rack went out at 15,000 miles, Water pump went out at 25,000 miles, What is left?
volvo with greartronic transmition are the worst serie of this car they not supost to instal japones transmition on this car
107k and runnin great thanks to the Mazda engine. Also not cramped like a civic. Nice arm room instead of being scrunched.
Junk worst car I`ve ever owned!!!!! It`s been to Honda 6 times cost me over 1200.00 dollars and it`s still not fixed...JUNK period. also for sale very cheap.serious inquiries onlyonly 52k leather coupe auto cruise control side air bags brand new tires and inspection red with black leather and spoiler
Best car I EVER had! It has 170,000 and is still going. VERY reliable!
i received this car from my dad (who bought it new) and its been the greatest joy. stereo is high quality (as good as aftermarket) takes off nice and fast even though its an automatic, and introduced me to an entire community of new tuners at sleek, fast and readily tuned. lots of room in trunk and holds up nicely in extremely deep snow even with a full load of passangers and their snow equiptment.
2004 SXT 20th Anniversary Edition, 154,000 miles: Great van, crappy brakes -- 4 wheel disc . Front rotors prone to warping. Have been told that the brakes aren't big enough for the van's 4300 lbs. All electronics work great -- DVD player etc. Power sliders quit at 100,000 and 120,000. Water pump leaks a tad, but what the hell, we've driven the piss out of it. Suspension parts were replaced early under warranty and then again at about 90,000. Overall a good, dependable van.
bought this car in march of 2003 and is very reliable. changed battery and anti-freeze in 2008 only because they were 5 years old. replaced tires in 2010 at 45000 miles with generals..gets 29+/- mpg around town. have had no problems except regular mtn...has a/t a/c pw bra pw ste pw wind pw locks cd player. a friend i work with offered me 5500 dollars for it, not bad since i paid about 11000 for it in 2003
Unforgiveably poor steering/handling characteristics. Poorly engineered front disk brakes give constant problems. Poor quality paint workmanship. I'd never own another Dodge product based on this vehicle.
Just like several posts down - I bought a 2001 Jetta 2.0 L GLS for my teen daughter. The car hasn't been the most reliable car I've ever own. Headlight lamps ($200 each), had to be replaced not because they burned out... but because the UV rays from the Sun fogged up the plasic lens covering. Cooling Fans, alternators, AC compressor, and the battery needed to be replaced and seemed to wear out faster than they should. At 95000, just had to spend $2500 to rebuild the top half of the engine. The Chain Tensioner failed... which caused the chain to hop several teeth on the cam, causing a piston to slap an exhaust value. Driver door window motor replaced twice, along with the window lift assembly (actuator), rear bulbs are a monthy replacement deal, and that crayon smell is from the wax sealant in the doors and undercoating (for sound and moisture seal) melts during the summer. Stinks up the car (no matter how many airfresheners you put in it) and runs down the driveway. Guess German engineering... is NOT made for 115 degrees in the shade in southern California. Although I like the safety (side airbags) and the safety cage (tank-like) body, I won't buy another VW... ever.
Owned for 15 years and it's still the best handling car I have experienced (it's now my son's car).
Perfect all pourpose vehicle in my opinion. Fun to drive. Reliable.
Ive had numerous problems with my 04 concorde. Major problems....catalyact converts, sensors, timing, camshaft,and much more. Ive only owned it for 2 years!!!!! Thats why they stopped making them!!!!
We bought our Subaru Legacy in 2006 and have had no problems with 53,000 miles on it so far, except for replacing two headlights and a fog light. We do regular oil changes and put new tires on it this year. I love the way it handles the roads and though we don't get much snow in Missouri, my daughter who lives in Idaho owns a Forester which she drives 45 miles to work over a mountain pass every day in the winter with no problems. Her experience inspired us to go Subaru, and we haven't been sorry.
Problems with air, AC, rear heater, AC coolant leak, engine lurches w/in first 2 miles in morning, both wheel bearings needed to be replaced, driver seat replaced 2x, wiring system is flaky
Purchased 2010 Equinox, 4 cyl, 2/2010. Love it. Plenty of room for 4 passengers plus lots of gear. Smooth, quiet ride. Only down side is minimal - would like interior lights for rear passenger use. Have to illuminate entire interior if a rear passenger needs light for something.
My 2006 GMC 1500 2wd only has 35000 on it So far I have had the Oil pan Gasket, itake manifold gasket, Waterpump. Idler pully, 2 fan switches.. Front rotors wore Bad Bad pads and the teperature4 switch I am going to switch to Ford
Buyers and owners beware.
love love love my truck
love this car however repeatedly replacing brakes, both front and rear, bought new, and at 82,000 miles had replaced rotors "6" times and pads "8" times (not exaggerating) headed towards the 9th set of pads. Dealer states normal wear and issue, My Lexus was fantastic on brakes, and wonderful resale value, which I know I will not have on this Caddy, but oh well wanted another Caddy, nothing like Caddys used to be and were, will most likely go back to foreign (Acura or Lexus) mainly for fantastic resale value and again up keep alot cheaper.
Absolutely stunning vehicle! I do have empathy for those who abuse or fail to properly maintain such an amazing vehicle but the only problem i've ever had with her is the Wiring Harnesses. All of which have been replaced recently at an expense of almost 10k. Once they work out that problem the car will be absolutely amazing!
These cars are amazing and mine is in immaculant condition having 142k miles and its a 1992 400E. They run and drive excellent and have low maintenance even for its age! Definitely recommend this auto
The body has stood the test of time as one of my favorites. I'm not a fan of the round body style currently used. The interior gets less than 5 stars because the drivers side seat is lop sided sloping towards the door. The passenger side front brake hose collapsed on me the first day I had the truck, causing the caliper to seize up. Fixed for less than $20, but still unexpected. The drive train for a 19 year old truck is very strong for a 2.3L and I would recommend this vehicle as a first driver for any parents with teen drivers. Be mindful of these areas I'm commenting on though. Electrical and lights hold up well but the temperature gauge never leaves cold. It does move but not much. The tach has also shown spikes from time to time, when the engine was at idle at a traffic light. The engine runs solid but the starter is very noisy upon engagement. I may just have a localized problem due to a recent clutch replacement. Always check all bolts and the direction of your flywheel. Exhaust and emissions are on the mark, I have driven behind this truck and smelled no fumes, seen no smoke. The heat doesn't get really hot, its just tolerable so that you don't freeze. The AC doesn't work at all due to Compressor lock up. Only $230 to replace components and get AC back online. Suspension at 137k has to be looked at. I replaced all 4 shocks and now have a solid ride on the interstate. Something to keep in mind. I hope this review helps others in their search for a second vehicle or their very first.
I have a 2001 corolla. I have had it for 6 years and it has been a wonderfull car up unttil now. It has 164,000 miles. It has been burning an about a quart of oil a week. The Toyota deadership has told me it is the block and another macanic says its the valves. Either way it will cost alot to fix. I have always stayed on top of oil changes. I thought I could get alot more out of it.
I bought a used 2002 explorer XLT with 68000 miles on it and now have 104000. In that 36000 miles driven, I've had to replace the 4x4module, 2 different bearings, a heater switch, replace wiring for power windows, and the grand finale; the FRIGGIN MOTOR!!!! Plus I've had issues with the 4x4 engaging when it shouldn't be. I hate this truck, but am now upside down with it, and can't get rid of it. My advice, DON'T BUY A FORD EXPLORER!!!