Car is a push start, keys were in my pocket. I pushed the button to start....nothing, tried again....nothing. I wiggled the gear shift, wouldnt move. I got out, closed the door, the car beeped as if the keys were in and it was running. I got back in,the dashboard lights were on, and the message "key out". This is what happens if I get out with the keys when its running, remember, it wouldnt start, was not running. I got back in, repeated the entire process with the same results. Would not start. Got out, and again, beeping. Got back in, same thing, dash lights on, "key out" light on. This time the gear shift would move into reverse, drive and so on. I put it in neutral, pushed the button....started up. Realised at this point, the clock was set back to 12 and the odomotor was at 0. There had been no power at all, like the battery was dead. But why the beeping? It was as if the car thought it was running? Why did it eventually start if the battery is dead? That was this morning, started good the rest of the day. I have only had the car a month. First issue I have had.
car would not crank, as if battery was dead. Push start, keys were in my pocket on 2011 Kia Sorento
1 more answer
This week's top 10
Recent Kia Sorento Questions
- I'm having trouble putting gas in tank every time you start it bubbles bacķ out
- Remote start car, get in put foot on break , car dies. Have to restart. Why?
- Sometimes when I try to pass somebody my Sorento will not downshift.
- I just changed my gearbox and gears are not changing well.
- Seat won't move back
2011 Kia Sorento Estimates
- Tie Rod End Replacement - Outer ($236 - 283) in Lanse, PA
- Radiator Hose Replacement ($178 - 229) in Canon, GA
- Transfer Case Fluid Replacement ($42 - 70) in Ellendale, TN
- Oxygen Sensor Replacement ($135 - 250) in Lyons, KS
- HVAC Blend Door Actuator Replacement ($122 - 138) in Bellevue, NE
- Wheel Hub Assembly Replacement ($476 - 503) in Holderness, NH