I have a civic with the D16z6 motor in it. tonight it started idling around 2500 rpm and then i try to take off and it dies. so i try starting it again and it will turn over but i wont stay running. it backfires bad when you give it gas. but still dies. i got it to run but it will die unless you feather the gas and then again u take off and backfires and die. can u please help me?
Car wont stay running on 1994 Honda Civic
9 answersJanuary 09, 2010
1 answerApril 30, 2014
1 answerFebruary 17, 2014
3 answersNovember 10, 2011
This week's top 10
Recent Honda Civic Questions
- what causes my 2001 Honda civic stall and squeal when I turn on the A/C or heat
- How do I get the MAP sensor off? It looks like it's held on by rivets, not screw
- Engine light came on got the code to replace air control valve .
- Why does my car start sometimes?
- I have a dead gas pedal. I get nothing when I press pedal. Something fell off.
1994 Honda Civic Estimates
- 67,500 Mile Service ($27 - 61) in Gretna, LA
- AC Condenser Replacement ($378 - 458) in Onley, VA
- Brake Shoe Replacement, Resurface Drums ($198 - 263) in Parks, NE
- Automatic Transmission Fluid/Filter Change ($175 - 209) in Bloomington, NE
- Horn Replacement ($118 - 188) in Yarnell, AZ
- Wheel Hub Assembly Replacement ($231 - 251) in Fullerton, ND