I have a 2003 convertible Spyder Eclipse recently bought, used. Had clutch replaced about a week ago, got it home and my wife drove for the first time. It's a 5 speed also. Anyway, she moved the steering wheel up and driver's seat forward, then the car wouldn't start. Key turned, lights came on, dinging ensued.. Turned key and nothing except a fan coming on. Went and replaced battery, still wouldn't start. A couple days later, I recalled the mechanic mentioning that he couldn't get the car to start after moving the steering wheel, so I moved it back down and car started beautifully! Drove it for a couple of days no problems, then my wife went to move the car for me, she knew not to TOUCH the steering wheel again, but she had to pull the seat up and again.. Car wont start! I've moved the seat back, tried moving the steering wheel, nothing. I can't get it to start. It's like the battery is dead now. Any help would be greatly appreciated. The only other thing I can think of is the car got rained in quite heavily for a bit a few weeks ago.. Help Please! Stephen
Car wont start after steering wheel or driver's seat is moved.. on 2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse
This week's top 10
Recent Mitsubishi Eclipse Questions
- Why would my ABS and TCL lights stay on?
- why does my floors fill with water when it rains? Nothing else is wet?
- Why does my manual transmission pops out of 4th and 5th gear while driving.
- why wont feed from coil disperse thru system could this be a security issue
- I can't get the tensioner to compress how do I get it back on