Theres fuel, spark compression and the timing Belt is good. The car cranks but wont start replaced the mass air flow sensor so thats out. After the car cranks it smells a lot like gas like if theres to much fuel. It sounds like it wants to start but nothing. Cant get the codes because my dad decided to take the battery out. Plz help
Car wont start on 2000 Mazda Protege
2 answers 2 comments
ANSWER by ziptie12 ,
January 14, 2014
Have you pulled the plugs to see how fouled they are?
do you have any eng codes?
4 answersApril 14, 2014
0 answersOctober 03, 2015
Verified for the Mazda Protege43 reports
1 answerAugust 24, 2013
0 answersJanuary 06, 2012
This week's top 10
Recent Mazda Protege Questions
- When I press the clutch pedal the engine decelerate and shut down
- Is there a fuel pump inertia cut off switch on this vehicle, if so location?
- Engine not able to accelerate past 40 mph
- My car doesn't have reverse but will go on D, 2 & 1. What's the problem? HELP!!!
- changed clutch how much trans. fluid do I put in it?
2000 Mazda Protege Estimates
- Water Pump Replacement ($376 - 491) in Eckhart Mines, MD
- Brake Master Cylinder Replacement ($271 - 388) in Ector, TX
- Add Front Engine Seals ($94 - 143) in Ponca, NE
- 135,000 Mile Service ($157 - 230) in Ashfield, MA
- Window Switch Replacement ($375 - 410) in Rosemont, WV
- Wheel Bearing Replacement ($244 - 343) in Greenville, AL