car starts only when it hasn't been in use for at 2-3 hours. what is the problem?
car won't start on 1996 Buick LeSabre
MOST POPULAR ANSWER by Valleyautotech ,
September 01, 2009
Sometimes as the starter gets old, the starter will heat up when driving and when you try and start it when hot nothing will happen, no noise, no clicking nothing, You can tap it with a small hammer and it will work but you need a tech to diagnose this and possibly change the starter.
Verified for the Buick LeSabre131 reports
Verified for the Buick LeSabre111 reports
Verified for the Buick LeSabre43 reports
This week's top 10
Recent Buick LeSabre Questions
- What causes the heat to blow out cold air?
- The car was running bad changed fuel filter,pump ,fuel pressure regulator ,egr ,
- Only cold air coming out of the vent and I'm leaking antifreeze?
- Heat/ A/C blower motor will not shut off even when ignition is turned off !
- What do you do when the engine service signal shows?
1996 Buick LeSabre Estimates
- Brake Shoe Replacement, Resurface Drums ($224 - 321) in Underhill, VT
- Power Steering Pressure Hose Replacement ($138 - 261) in Kathleen, FL
- Canister Purge Valve Replacement ($112 - 171) in Reedsburg, WI
- Air Filter Replacement ($38 - 54) in Hagerman, NM
- Suspension Control Arm Replacement ($819 - 1,034) in Pittsville, VA
- Suspension Control Arm Bushings Replacement ($368 - 402) in Star Prairie, WI