My car won't start, but I don't believe it is that battery because the air, lights, and radio still works. Not sure what the problem is. It ran fine the night before. Any suggestions?
Car won't start! on 2002 Ford Escort
ANSWER by hemicuda ,
April 07, 2009
First make sure the battery cables are clean and tight and if that does not work then it could be the starter has failed about $200 plus 1 hr labor to install. There are complete instructions to remove and replace the starter at www.autozone.com
Verified for the Ford Escort8 reports
Verified for the Ford Escort130 reports
Car won't start after replacing battery. Jumped it on old battery, ran fine until car was turned off. Put in new battery and owner tells me it won't start. Guy isn't car guy, I think he crossed POS/Neg and could have fried something. Help.
1 answerJanuary 06, 2015
2 answersDecember 18, 2013
4 answersSeptember 11, 2009
This week's top 10
Recent Ford Escort Questions
- What is wrong when a fuse blows and melts the wire behind the fuse box?
- Why wont my car start when it has a new battery only 3 months old
- 1999 Ford escort has problems starting at times have to push on gas rev thn strt
- Sitting at light and car will idle high. Changes gaskets, control module.
- zx2 wont get fuel. What could be problem?
2002 Ford Escort Estimates
- Wiper Motor Replacement ($157 - 200) in Acme, WA
- Mass Airflow Sensor Replacement ($150 - 269) in Lambert, MT
- Door Window Regulator Replacement ($238 - 275) in Mentmore, NM
- Heater Core Replacement ($528 - 671) in Stark City, MO
- CV Joint Boot Replacement ($160 - 230) in Harmony, ME
- Fuel Evaporative Canister Replacement ($156 - 219) in Valley Falls, KS