My car won't start, but I don't believe it is that battery because the air, lights, and radio still works. Not sure what the problem is. It ran fine the night before. Any suggestions?
Car won't start! on 2002 Ford Escort
MOST POPULAR ANSWER by hemicuda ,
April 07, 2009
First make sure the battery cables are clean and tight and if that does not work then it could be the starter has failed about $200 plus 1 hr labor to install. There are complete instructions to remove and replace the starter at www.autozone.com
Verified for the Ford Escort9 reports
Verified for the Ford Escort158 reports
Car won't start after replacing battery. Jumped it on old battery, ran fine until car was turned off. Put in new battery and owner tells me it won't start. Guy isn't car guy, I think he crossed POS/Neg and could have fried something. Help.
1 answerJanuary 06, 2015
2 answersDecember 18, 2013
This week's top 10
Recent Ford Escort Questions
- I have a 1993 ford escort was driving down the ran out gas car died and will not
- Car cranks but won't kick over was driving car ran out of gas car turned off won
- My car is actually a 1986 Ford Contour. The checkengine unit has gone bad.
- What is wrong when a fuse blows and melts the wire behind the fuse box?
- Why wont my car start when it has a new battery only 3 months old
2002 Ford Escort Estimates
- AC Evaporator Replacement ($468 - 839) in Acme, WA
- Tie Rod End Replacement - Inner ($251 - 441) in Lambert, MT
- Coolant Leak Diagnosis ($88 - 111) in Mentmore, NM
- Transmission Fluid Change ($139 - 180) in Stark City, MO
- CV Joint Boot Replacement ($169 - 230) in Harmony, ME
- Engine Oil Pan Replacement ($312 - 530) in Valley Falls, KS