car starts normally. does not shut off when you turn the key off. removing coil wire shuts engine off but have to disconnect battery to shut off instrument panel. Is actually a 1989
car wont shut off on 1990 Jaguar XJ6
MOST POPULAR ANSWER by Valleyautotech ,
March 16, 2010
Probably needs a new ignition switch
This week's top 10
Recent Jaguar XJ6 Questions
- When I turn my headlights on my brake lights do not work.
- Engine cranks but won't start. Ran great night before. It started once .
- car idles fine 800 RPM, put in gear and it bogs out, feather the gas and it will
- Can a 86 jag xj6 be transfer to a 95 jag xj6
- The radio code wont work. I have the code but it just tells me to wait.
1990 Jaguar XJ6 Estimates
- Oxygen Sensor Replacement ($268 - 475) in Taylor, TX
- Heater Blower Motor Resistor Replacement ($214 - 301) in Macon, MO
- Coolant Leak Diagnosis ($88 - 111) in Eldred, IL
- Brake Caliper Replacement - Rear ($438 - 1,680) in Pocono Summit, PA
- Battery Cable Replacement ($103 - 503) in Mount Vernon, WA
- Suspension Control Arm Bushings Replacement ($222 - 298) in De Smet, SD