i parked my car in my driveway and when i tried to drive away i started the car but i could not shift to reverse(manual transmission) then i back up on neutral because the parking its a slope, after i tried to shift to 1st or any other gear and it wouldn't shift, but when the engine its not running it does shift......what could the problem be?
Car wont shift gears? on 1991 Honda Accord
Asked by for the 1991 Honda Accord
MOST POPULAR ANSWER by DaveJM ,
September 21, 2010
Initial thoughts sounds like a clutch issue. You could have a leak in the hydraulic system - a slave or clutch master cylinder issue. Or the clutch disc could be worn out. Check the fluid under the hood at the clutch master cylinder - if low, fill it with DOT3 brake fluid. This could be a sign of a hydraulic leak. Good luck.
0 answersJune 10, 2015
2 answersMarch 11, 2014
1 answerNovember 07, 2015
2 answersFebruary 18, 2014
1 answerSeptember 13, 2010
This week's top 10
Recent Honda Accord Questions
- where does spring go on fuel filler door
- my car loses acceleration and then bucks catches and then lurches forward
- brake & tail lights stay on after car is off and lights are not turned on
- WHY: Car starts but stalls after 2 or 3 seconds. No check engine light.
- S light staying on, TCU blinking 4 long and then one short quick one?
1991 Honda Accord Estimates
- Brake Drum Replacement ($253 - $425) in Pillager, MN
- Fuel Pump Replacement ($327 - $489) in Folsom, LA
- Engine Overheating Diagnosis ($88 - $111) in Vallecitos, NM
- Tire Rotation ($26 - $34) in East Stroudsburg, PA
- Brake Caliper Replacement ($485 - $592) in Dover, NJ
- Engine Mount Replacement ($271 - $590) in Brockway, MT