i parked my car in my driveway and when i tried to drive away i started the car but i could not shift to reverse(manual transmission) then i back up on neutral because the parking its a slope, after i tried to shift to 1st or any other gear and it wouldn't shift, but when the engine its not running it does shift......what could the problem be?
Car wont shift gears? on 1991 Honda Accord
Asked by for the 1991 Honda Accord
MOST POPULAR ANSWER by DaveJM ,
September 21, 2010
Initial thoughts sounds like a clutch issue. You could have a leak in the hydraulic system - a slave or clutch master cylinder issue. Or the clutch disc could be worn out. Check the fluid under the hood at the clutch master cylinder - if low, fill it with DOT3 brake fluid. This could be a sign of a hydraulic leak. Good luck.
0 answersJune 10, 2015
2 answersMarch 11, 2014
1 answerNovember 07, 2015
2 answersFebruary 18, 2014
1 answerSeptember 13, 2010
This week's top 10
Recent Honda Accord Questions
- Engine light illuminated intermittently.
- What would cause the engine to start and then cut-off after warming?
- Oil pan removal, i have all the bolts off, stuck on the automatic tranny cover,
- How do I remove a screw that fell into the steering column?
- My check engine light is on after replacing the plugs, ignition coils anf EGR
1991 Honda Accord Estimates
- General Diagnosis ($88 - $111) in Pillager, MN
- AC Evaporator Replacement ($404 - $496) in Folsom, LA
- Starter Replacement ($312 - $632) in Vallecitos, NM
- Valve Adjustment ($145 - $213) in East Stroudsburg, PA
- Exhaust Muffler Replacement ($485 - $1,534) in Dover, NJ
- Wheel Hub Replacement ($206 - $245) in Brockway, MT