My car won't move when I put the gear selector in any gear, reverse, drive, 2nd or low gear. I have 228K miles on the car but the trans was replaced at about 30K under warranty. I have changed the trans fluid on a regular basis. The rans did not give me any warning of going out like erratic shifting or hesitation. Here is the scenario, I changed the motor oil and filter, brought the car down, started and checked the oil level after I shut off the motor. After topping the oil, started the car, shifted into reverese, no go. I even shifted into drive, no go. Checked the trans fluid level, saw it was a little low but not enough to cause any harm, besides I just drove the car into the garage where I work!!! (One of the bennies our boss gave us) But I had to push the car out, couldn't leave it on the rack. Any help given would be greatly appreciated.
car won't move when trans is in gear on 1992 Ford Taurus
Asked by for the 1992 Ford Taurus
1 answerAugust 16, 2010
This week's top 10
Recent Ford Taurus Questions
- I spilt soda all over the middle console 10 min. later the heater went crazy?
- Codes that are showing are p0351 and p0353. Says ignition coils A and C.
- how to program the cluster on the dash
- When I crank my car the car studders and stops. I let it rest for 15 minutes.
- Where exactly is relay for fuel pump. I am a DIY techy but can't find it.
1992 Ford Taurus Estimates
- Brake Shoe Replacement ($259 - $348) in Burr, NE
- Clutch Replacement ($1,114 - $1,765) in Farmington, CT
- Wheel Bearing Replacement - Front ($273 - $379) in Stephen, MN
- Shock Absorber Replacement - Rear ($284 - $510) in Burton, OH
- Drive Belt Tensioner Replacement ($143 - $222) in Clarksville, TN
- Wheel Hub Replacement ($342 - $406) in Saint Johns, OH