Car quit just driving down road.Starter just clicked. Pulled starter all good, but Crankshaft was locked up. Reversed crank W/Socket & Breaker Bar and it turned over w/starter back in, but won't fire. After turning over locked up again. Same procedure and it unlocks. It's like Timing Chain or Cam locking it up. What would cause this? Crankshaft Sensor? Knock Sensor? Any idea?
Car won't fire up. Locks up after turning over. on 1997 Oldsmobile Regency
Asked by for the 1997 Oldsmobile Regency
MOST POPULAR ANSWER by Oakman ,
October 30, 2009
It sounds like a mechanical failure in the engine may be causing the crankshaft to lock up. It may be necessary to remove the engine oil pan from your 1997 Oldsmobile Regency to inspect for crankshaft or connecting rod damage.
This week's top 10
Recent Oldsmobile Regency Questions
- I paid for an on line service manual for 1988 old's but it does not have a wiring diagram and I'm not getting power to the a/c control panel and I don't know which incoming wire should have power, were to get or what to do?
- why does my 97 olds loose power to the fuel pump and the drivers seat and windows
- why does my olds loose power to the fuel pump and drivers seat and windows
- My speedometer and tail lights keeps popping a 15 amp fuse. Any suggestions??
- not running smoothly
1997 Oldsmobile Regency Estimates
- EGR Valve Replacement ($165 - $384) in Central City, IA
- Power Steering Pump Replacement ($364 - $697) in Middle Grove, NY
- Brake Caliper Replacement - Front ($243 - $602) in Seminary, MS
- Transmission Fluid Change ($168 - $219) in Screven, GA
- Wheel Hub Assembly Replacement ($70 - $89) in Kewanee, MO
- CV Axle Assembly Replacement ($252 - $301) in Accoville, WV