I have tried to have my car pass DMV inspection and it has failed five times. I took my car to the dealer to have it ready for inspection. I paid $5,000 in repairs that they said were needed to pass inspection and it still failed. They said the car needed to go through a drive cycle that has not worked. Now, they are saying that because the car is old it may need to have the computer modulator replace. NJ DMV is saying that the catalytic convertor is failing and showing as not being ready. Any suggestion would be appreciated.
Car will not pass DMV inspection. Dealer said it may need new computer modulator on 2000 Volvo S40
This week's top 10
Recent Volvo S40 Questions
- I cannot get my car to pass the California smog inspection.
- Oil leak coming from the back of the engine what would it be?
- Why is my car making a tunneling noise when I'm driving
- I was driving down the highway and all the sensors in my car went haywire, the windshield wipers turned on and won't turn off, all lights flashing. Volvo mechanic is thinking central computer meltdown.. Why? and how much is this going to cost?
- Purchased a 2004 Volvo s40 t5. I noticed when I first start the car, it makes a squealing sound but goes away within a minute or two. Could that be the belts or something else.