I have tried to have my car pass DMV inspection and it has failed five times. I took my car to the dealer to have it ready for inspection. I paid $5,000 in repairs that they said were needed to pass inspection and it still failed. They said the car needed to go through a drive cycle that has not worked. Now, they are saying that because the car is old it may need to have the computer modulator replace. NJ DMV is saying that the catalytic convertor is failing and showing as not being ready. Any suggestion would be appreciated.
Car will not pass DMV inspection. Dealer said it may need new computer modulator on 2000 Volvo S40
This week's top 10
Recent Volvo S40 Questions
- Will getting my spark plugs change turn the check engine light off
- What is causing a whirring sound while driving?
- What could be making my car run rough and not get up to speed very well
- There is this knocking noise coming from under the hood. why?
- took car to Volvo shop to have them diagnose a a/c problem and the car flashers