Picked up vehicle, told the noise was gone all quiet...have to take it back because the rattling noise is still there. I hear it starting out most of the time, i.e., accelerate hear grinding rattling from the front. Maybe it stops at higher speeds & cant hear it?(The service place knew this but said noise was actually from the rear) Good reviews on the place but feel totally lied to right now...after $900. It's so loud I don't feel safe driving..any ideas??
Car was grinding/rattling--diagnosed as rear hub bearings, so were replaced... on 2003 Subaru Forester
Asked by for the 2003 Subaru Forester
This week's top 10
Recent Subaru Forester Questions
- Likely repair & cost if car backfires and will not restart - fuel or electrical?
- What is the belt that goes to my alternator called? It needs replaced.
- I was rear ended having just made a left turn & starting to accelerate. What
- Drivers side window started not working when cold, worked when warmed, now quit
2003 Subaru Forester Estimates
- Strut/Shock Absorber Replacement - Front ($661 - 791) in Gallipolis Ferry, WV
- Brake Caliper Replacement - Front ($360 - 737) in Lake Lillian, MN
- General Diagnosis ($88 - 111) in Supai, AZ
- Radiator Fan Assembly Replacement ($281 - 442) in Stroh, IN
- Horn Replacement ($162 - 198) in Endicott, NE
- Air Conditioning System Leak Inspection ($52 - 67) in Montrose, SD