Recently car came to a sudden stop while driving around 25 miles per hour.Would not move engine still running.Turned engine off and tried to restart but would only make a popping sound.Found out water pump froze and damaged timeing belt though it didnt completely break it was missing a few teeth and had a slit in it.Replace belt and pump now car starts ok but pops while it is running.Why is that?
Car turns over fine but makes popping sounds while running. on 2001 Plymouth Neon
Asked by for the 2001 Plymouth Neon
This week's top 10
Recent Plymouth Neon Questions
- The power steering fluid leaks.
- Wats wrong if the car jus all of a sudden starts smoking and shaking
- I replaced the a heater core on a 2000 plymouth neon. And now wipers won't work
- I have a Neon that is no crank, no start. I have been troubleshooting, and I want to see if what I think it is makes sense, and if there is anything I haven't thought to check yet that could be the problem. I'll explain everything in the details. Thanks!
- What cause engine to jump when AC turned on
2001 Plymouth Neon Estimates
- Coolant Leak Diagnosis ($88 - $111) in Monument, NM
- General Diagnosis ($88 - $111) in Shermans Dale, PA
- EGR Valve Replacement ($174 - $223) in Ramona, SD
- Fuel Pump Replacement ($412 - $521) in Nashua, IA
- Windshield Washer Fluid Reservoir Replacement ($119 - $139) in Detroit, MI
- CV Axle Assembly Replacement ($576 - $1,028) in Dugger, IN