Car stalled when idling in the driveway, was unable to get the car to restart. The following things have been checked out: *New plugs, good spark from coil pack *New fuel filter *Fuel pump runs and pushes appreciable volume of fuel through filter (checked by turning key on and running gas into an open container) *Tried cranking the engine w/ spark wires disconnected and immediately pulled spark plug to check if plug was wetted with fuel. It was not (possible that no fuel is getting to piston?) *Tried replacing fuel pressure regulator, that had no effect. Thanks in advance! Peter
Car turns over but will not start. on 1999 Oldsmobile Alero
by p.j.flan in Eden Prairie, MN on August 12, 2011
1 answerMay 14, 2015
2 answersDecember 03, 2012
3 answersNovember 04, 2014
1 answerApril 24, 2014
1 answerMay 03, 2014
This week's top 10
Recent Oldsmobile Alero Questions
- Can't trun the buzzing sound off it stays on all the time
- My turn signal do not always work My horn went off while the car was parked. How can these problems be fixed and about how much will it cost?
- My car is making a slight clanking noise when reving the engine, shakes a lot when in idleing and slightly shakes while driving. I don't know exactly what's wrong with it. I need to know so I can fix it.
- Went to start my car and the car turns over but doesn't run, and the lights remained on. Had to disconnected battery. Whats wrong?
- Car ran hot with white smoke. Found the thermostat missing, replaced it. Replacement will not open when installed on engine, opened when tested on the stove. Won't open installed on engine and all the coolant leaks from the thermostat. Any suggestions?