the problem occur yesterday when i made a turn going up a hill. So i shift it to 1st and drove it all the way up the hill. when we got to the top smoke started to come out of engine. I pull over let the smoke fade away and try to accelerate but it wouldn't go. tip, " its my first car, and its the first time in my life driving a stander".
the car turns on, but when i shift it to 1st it wont accelerate on 1999 Volkswagen Jetta
This week's top 10
Recent Volkswagen Jetta Questions
- loud knocking sound and now car wont turn over...what do I check first?
- My jetta is making a loud knocking sounds under my feet between gears? CV shaft?
- Car dash lights and door chime come on for 10 seconds short in wires under dash.
- Engine light is on and cant pass a smog; leaking oil very slightly
- How many gallons is my gas tank & how many miles I get on a full tank
1999 Volkswagen Jetta Estimates
- Radiator Hose Replacement ($248 - $416) in Arnold, MI
- Automatic Transmission Diagnosis ($88 - $111) in Godfrey, IL
- EGR Valve Replacement ($368 - $466) in Loysville, PA
- Tie Rod End Replacement - Inner ($440 - $648) in Makinen, MN
- Steering Knuckle Replacement ($917 - $961) in Mount Carmel, UT
- Engine Oil Filter Adapter Replacement ($111 - $261) in Danbury, NC