the problem occur yesterday when i made a turn going up a hill. So i shift it to 1st and drove it all the way up the hill. when we got to the top smoke started to come out of engine. I pull over let the smoke fade away and try to accelerate but it wouldn't go. tip, " its my first car, and its the first time in my life driving a stander".
the car turns on, but when i shift it to 1st it wont accelerate on 1999 Volkswagen Jetta
This week's top 10
Recent Volkswagen Jetta Questions
- My 2006 Volkswagen jetta dash board lights went out and it would not accelerate
- After installing aftermarket stereo car will crank but will not turn over.
- Trunk will not open with key or switch. can I open it from inside the trunk?
- Whats makes it not shift out of park
- EPC Light Comes on when Headlights turned on, break lights also stay on
1999 Volkswagen Jetta Estimates
- Heater Blower Motor Resistor Replacement ($95 - 178) in Arnold, MI
- Brake Caliper Replacement - Front ($402 - 695) in Godfrey, IL
- 37,500 Mile Service ($42 - 105) in Loysville, PA
- AC Compressor Replacement ($761 - 897) in Makinen, MN
- Exhaust Muffler Replacement ($589 - 896) in Mount Carmel, UT
- Suspension Coil Spring Replacement ($163 - 217) in Danbury, NC