Tonight is my siblings' prom and when my brother went to leave for the night, the car wouldn't shift out of park. This was the first time it happened. I rocked the car a bit, he turned the wheels a couple times, and the car started; however, when he picked up his date and went to leave, the same thing happened. Anyone know what's going on???
Car Stuck In Park on 2000 Acura TL
MOST POPULAR ANSWER by DaveJM ,
April 09, 2011
Check the brake lights to see if they work. If not, the brake light switch (which also releases the shifter) could be failing. OR the wiring connector at the switch could be faulty. This is where I would focus my attention.
12 answersApril 19, 2009
2 answersSeptember 20, 2014
0 answersSeptember 22, 2015
3 answersApril 24, 2012
0 answersSeptember 12, 2015
This week's top 10
Recent Acura TL Questions
- Radio, nav, power mirrors, and dome lights aren't working can't find fuse
- I didn't mix the coolant before putting it into the car what should I do?
- Valve adjustment
- A/C QUIT WORKING...SYSTEM IS FULLY CHARGED...SHOP THINKS ITS CONTROL MODULE SU
- my bluetooth doesn't work, I say phone setup but it won't do anything, why?
2000 Acura TL Estimates
- Water Pump Replacement ($602 - 749) in Mount Pleasant, OH
- Valve Adjustment ($312 - 392) in Winterville, MS
- Spark Plug Replacement ($160 - 209) in Eureka, MO
- Fuel Filter Change ($108 - 193) in Buckatunna, MS
- Suspension Control Arm Replacement ($248 - 690) in Jackson, MN
- Wheel Lug Stud Replacement ($273 - 480) in Dawson, TX