My car was working ok enough to drive to Baltimore for my daughter graduation.Prior to getting on 95 south to return home the car started to slow down and lose juice. I had a half tank of gas and no check engine light came on.I was able to find a gas station and had someone to look at the car.I was told that the transmission fluid had bubbles ,an odor,the color was not right,but i had enough in the car.It was felt that it was my transmission that needed to be replaced,The car cut off even if it is in park----i had to be towed home at 2:30 am in thr rain .The battery is new
car stop on 2005 Ford Taurus
by redbirdfox in Woodbridge, VA on April 25, 2010
1 answerJune 13, 2011
1 answerSeptember 24, 2015
5 answersJanuary 14, 2009
3 answersFebruary 21, 2010
This week's top 10
Recent Ford Taurus Questions
- My A/C turns on and off when the car is running. Ive been told its the relay or the pressure cut off switch, easy fix and how do i tell?
- 2002 Ford Taurus power windows and interior lights, while driving or in park, you hear a clicking sound and they go off and on.
- Is the 1999 Taurus compitiable with a 2002 Taurus. My sister his a tree in mine and I'm wondering is parts off of the 2002 model with work on the 1999 model
- How much would it cost me to replace lower control arm? And what are common related issues I should worry about that go hand in hand with control arm replacement?
- Car failed smog emissions max 502 results 571?hose of evaporate solenoid is disconnected and defective? Cooling