some mornings, I start my car & it immediately fires up! drive to work, park for 4hrs and then start it up, no sound, no clicking, no nothing! waiting and trying to start but still no sound for almost 5-10minutes. try again, bam! car starts...go to lunch, park, after lunch start, no sound, no click no nothing...5-10 later it fires up, why?
car starts/car won't start... on 1996 Buick LeSabre
ANSWER by Valleyautotech ,
September 05, 2009
as GM starters and starter solenoids get old and worn will lock up after getting hot and when they cool it will start, When this happens you can tap the starter with a small hammer and usually it will free the starter. Need to have a tech trouble shoot the starting system
Reported by Buick Le Sabre 04 and 2 others for the Buick LeSabre3 reports
Verified for the Buick LeSabre131 reports
Verified for the Buick LeSabre111 reports
Verified for the Buick LeSabre41 reports
2 answersFebruary 04, 2013
This week's top 10
Recent Buick LeSabre Questions
- What causes the heat to blow out cold air?
- The car was running bad changed fuel filter,pump ,fuel pressure regulator ,egr ,
- Only cold air coming out of the vent and I'm leaking antifreeze?
- Heat/ A/C blower motor will not shut off even when ignition is turned off !
- What do you do when the engine service signal shows?
1996 Buick LeSabre Estimates
- Oil and Filter Change ($27 - 61) in Underhill, VT
- Automatic Transmission Fluid/Filter Change ($175 - 249) in Kathleen, FL
- PCV Valve Replacement ($29 - 39) in Reedsburg, WI
- Axle/Half Shaft Replacement - Front ($296 - 1,064) in Hagerman, NM
- Trans Oil Cooler Line Replacement ($83 - 110) in Pittsville, VA
- Wheel Hub Assembly Replacement ($624 - 719) in Star Prairie, WI