My car has been having a problem, when its warm outside normally above 90 degrees it will stall out and will not restart untill it sits for a minute or two then after about 5 miles of going at a consistent speed it will stall out again. I have also noticed it will cut out a little when i get on it, i replaced the fuel filter but that did not help anything so my next guess is fuel pump or IAC valve. Any help would be greatly appreciated
Car stalling on 1999 Ford Escort
MOST POPULAR ANSWER by Visitor ,
June 21, 2010
if possible when car dies check for spark, when the ignition coil is going bad they usually start acting up when they are hot, then when they cool a bit start working again, could be the fuel pump gettting tired but you'lll need a fuel pressure guage test that,
Verified for the Ford Escort11 reports
1 answerMarch 05, 2009
Verified for the Ford Escort43 reports
This week's top 10
Recent Ford Escort Questions
- What is wrong when a fuse blows and melts the wire behind the fuse box?
- Why wont my car start when it has a new battery only 3 months old
- 1999 Ford escort has problems starting at times have to push on gas rev thn strt
- Sitting at light and car will idle high. Changes gaskets, control module.
- zx2 wont get fuel. What could be problem?
1999 Ford Escort Estimates
- Steering Rack Replacement ($558 - 692) in West Hartford, VT
- Charging System Diagnosis ($44 - 56) in Burdine, KY
- MAP Sensor Replacement ($83 - 270) in Averill Park, NY
- Head Gasket Replacement ($648 - 1,109) in Etna, NY
- Vibration Diagnosis ($61 - 78) in Harrisburg, AR
- Suspension Control Arm Bushings Replacement ($194 - 277) in Haydenville, OH