My car has been having a problem, when its warm outside normally above 90 degrees it will stall out and will not restart untill it sits for a minute or two then after about 5 miles of going at a consistent speed it will stall out again. I have also noticed it will cut out a little when i get on it, i replaced the fuel filter but that did not help anything so my next guess is fuel pump or IAC valve. Any help would be greatly appreciated
Car stalling on 1999 Ford Escort
Asked by for the 1999 Ford Escort
MOST POPULAR ANSWER by Visitor ,
June 21, 2010
if possible when car dies check for spark, when the ignition coil is going bad they usually start acting up when they are hot, then when they cool a bit start working again, could be the fuel pump gettting tired but you'lll need a fuel pressure guage test that,
Verified for the Ford Escort11 reports
Verified for the Ford Escort49 reports
1 answerMarch 05, 2009
This week's top 10
Recent Ford Escort Questions
- Can u place any Ford radiator that fits on the Ford escort 95??
- My radio does not work. I replaced it and it still doesn't work. The fuse is OK
- car will not turn over. good battery and alternator.
- Replaced timing belt. Car turns over & has spark but won't start. Why?
- Front driver tire has excessive inner wear?
1999 Ford Escort Estimates
- Tie Rod End Replacement - Outer ($181 - $398) in West Hartford, VT
- AC Condenser Replacement ($402 - $507) in Burdine, KY
- Catalytic Converter Replacement ($495 - $1,516) in Averill Park, NY
- Door Window Motor Replacement ($214 - $367) in Etna, NY
- Axle Shaft Seal Replacement ($267 - $335) in Harrisburg, AR
- Emergency Brake Cable Replacement ($337 - $530) in Haydenville, OH