AC compressor just blew the other day after showing high pressure in the line. Had begin to experience car shutting off at lights right before it happened. Car will restart only if it is allowed to be off for a while. Battery light comes on. Last night, rear light stayed on even though car was off. Had to remove the lightbulb to turn off and noticed was very hot. Seems like electrical issue? I dont know if the all incidents are related.
Car shutting off at lights/slow down. Cannot restart unless off for 10 minutes. on 1997 Toyota RAV4
This week's top 10
Recent Toyota RAV4 Questions
- Broken timing belt. Are my valves bent
- Suspect something is stuck in the gear box making 2nd gear inaccessible
- Car won't start on its own. Jump start works but dies after a few minutes.
- my check engine light and 4wheel drive light is on var may be in 4x mode
- why does my rav4 smoke when am driving without ac,but with AC it does not
1997 Toyota RAV4 Estimates
- 90,000 Mile Service ($106 - 214) in Lopez Island, WA
- Windshield Washer Pump Replacement ($93 - 119) in Lewiston, NY
- PCV Valve Replacement ($49 - 68) in Ansted, WV
- Ignition Cap and Rotor Replacement ($69 - 132) in Wilmot, AR
- Wheel Hub Assembly Replacement ($488 - 592) in Dennis, KS
- CV Joint Boot Replacement ($297 - 372) in Honey Brook, PA