Seems to happen after driving for at least half an hour. Problem is not related to being stopped at a light. Happens for no apparent reason. After waiting for 15 minutes, problem usually goes away. I have been told it could be a "crankshaft positioning sensor" problem.
Car shutters and stalls for no apparent reason. on 1997 Cadillac DeVille
Asked by for the 1997 Cadillac DeVille
This week's top 10
Recent Cadillac DeVille Questions
- how much is the labor and parts cost for replacements of 2 coil packs.
- What are the types of sensors causes your engine light stay on
- Rear end leaking fluid and power steering fluid low?
- The service security device flashes across dash. Starter disabled comes on.
- I can hear my motor to my wipers but they won't move
1997 Cadillac DeVille Estimates
- Alternator Replacement ($470 - $719) in Fruitland, NM
- AC Condenser Replacement ($384 - $645) in Cozad, NE
- Exhaust Manifold Replacement ($1,268 - $2,044) in Progreso, TX
- Ball Joint Replacement - Lower ($627 - $1,338) in Tyrone, OK
- Wheel Hub Assembly Replacement ($836 - $3,595) in Hillview, KY
- Fuel Evaporative Canister Replacement ($252 - $345) in Toast, NC