Seems to happen after driving for at least half an hour. Problem is not related to being stopped at a light. Happens for no apparent reason. After waiting for 15 minutes, problem usually goes away. I have been told it could be a "crankshaft positioning sensor" problem.
Car shutters and stalls for no apparent reason. on 1997 Cadillac DeVille
This week's top 10
Recent Cadillac DeVille Questions
- hey I have changed the catallic converter, fuel pump and car still cuts off
- I have a 94 DeVille and it won't shift,I'm not a car girl so I'm clueless.
- What is the easiest way to remove heater core from a 2001 cadillac Deville
- Under steering colume
- My car idels for a hr or better no overheating but soon as I drive it starts ove
1997 Cadillac DeVille Estimates
- Thermostat Replacement ($123 - 205) in Fruitland, NM
- Wheel Bearing Replacement - Rear ($353 - 470) in Cozad, NE
- Strut Replacement - Rear ($258 - 560) in Progreso, TX
- Oxygen Sensor Replacement - Front ($277 - 360) in Tyrone, OK
- Emergency Brake Cable Replacement ($326 - 346) in Hillview, KY
- Emergency Brake Cable Replacement ($175 - 396) in Toast, NC