My son was driving his car and it shut off. He can start it but once he puts it into drive it shuts off. He had it towed and a mechanic told him he needs a new engine. Does this seem right? Please help!! THanks. I know nothing about cars. I told him he should get a second opinion before he decides what to do.
car shuts off when put into drive on 2000 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP
1 answerAugust 07, 2010
This week's top 10
Recent Pontiac Grand Prix GTP Questions
- When driving the low oil level come on. Then the car cuts off while driving. Will start back up. ?? ?
- Random Cylinder Misfire and engine stuttering
- I'm not able to turn my steering left cause very hard what could that be.
- The info center will not come up on start up. will eventually then lights come on and fan will operate.
- My boost is not kicking in