Q:

Car shut off while driving after problem with keys & ignition hard to turn over. on 1999 Mercedes-Benz E320 4MATIC

Rookie cbe0621eac06868b3efe0d8d1d3611e23c60d3114864ea2ec19a68cfbd3eebab
1. My 1st key stopped starting the car one day. 2. The 2nd key worked for a while. Then it kept getting harder & harder for the ignition to turn over taking 1 to 3 tries each time b4 starting but car would run smoothly. Then car just cut off while I was driving & won't start. I replaced key batteries, car still won't start. Keys do turn in ignition. All lights work. Battery fully charged. Can anyone give me some suggestions of here to start?
(1) Answer
(5) Comments
| |
A bad key will give a no start not a cut off.These cars are known for bad crank sensors.If its just a no start and a second key works its most likely a EIS module.You will need a xentry scan tool and a work shop key from Benz.
Thank you for the information. The second key no longer starts the car either. I was using that key when the car cut off while I was driving. Just to be clear.
Hi, I live in Cheltenham Township, Montgomery County. Do you know a good private repair shop that has the tools to diagnose & fix my car? I do believe you were correct about the sensor. My e-mail is cybercdt@aol.com