I always had to put engine oil and coolant in the car. I have a small leak for the oil and the coolant just seems to disappear. A week ago my engine light turned on and I figured it was for oil. I've always kept an eye on those two things but not that day. Later that night the car developed a shake at an idle even in neutral. Even later that evening the light came on and I automatically pulled over and put in more coolant and topped off the oil again. A week after that I'm driving to work and the car doesn't want to shift you can hear the car over revving and then smoke started billowing out the back. I pulled over asap hoping to not damage the car even more. I noticed the transmission fluid was really low on the add part of it. I go buy some transmission fluid pour it in and she purred nicely was doing really well. Now my transmission smells like burnt rubber if I go and step on it. I love my lil Lebaron and I don't want it to die.
Car shakes at a stop and when you step on it you smell the transmission on 1993 Chrysler LeBaron
This week's top 10
Recent Chrysler LeBaron Questions
- Why is the engine making a knocking sound as soon as I start accelerating?
- Why is my 91' Chrysler Lebaron dinging and sometimes trying to lock the doors.
- what type of antifreeze should my 1992 labaron have
- I had an engine put in my 1989 lebaron. It still surges and I'm out of options
- What could cause a sudden loud grinding and weight shift on front axle?
1993 Chrysler LeBaron Estimates
- Oil Pump Replacement ($635 - 869) in Milligan College, TN
- 60,000 Mile Service ($369 - 563) in Charleston, TN
- Wheel Alignment ($88 - 111) in Jasper, TN
- Power Steering Pressure Hose Replacement ($108 - 196) in Stewart, MN
- Power Steering System Leak Inspection ($44 - 56) in Frederick, OK
- Trans Leak Inspection ($44 - 56) in Byers, TX