I have a 90 300zx NA 5spd and it is running horribly. The engine randomly misses and even back fires on occasion. The check engine light flashes on sometimes but for the most part it is not on. The things I have done to try and fix this is replace the injector connectors since they were corroded badly, replace couplers on intake to make sure there was no air leaking. I only put top quality oil and gas in my car and all maintenance is up to date. It seems when it rains the problem gets considerably worse, so whatever is causing it must be effected by humidity. When we replaced the connectors we had return voltage from all 6 injectors and the problem is more prevalent at low rps (2500-3500 rpms) but some days it does not act up at all and others it is almost underivable. Also it seems to act up when you floor it and let off the gas a little with out shifting. That is as detailed as I can get, I am out of ideas to fix this problem. Anyone have any idea what could be causing this?
Car running badly! on 1990 Nissan 300ZX
Asked by for the 1990 Nissan 300ZX
This week's top 10
Recent Nissan 300ZX Questions
- I was going at a high speed and my transmission shifted out of gear.
- 1986 turbo automatic. The A/T Control Fuse blows when the key is turned on and the car will not start.Any suggestions?
- running fine, radio and inside door courtesy lights suddenly went out, why?
- almost chokes untill reaches running temperature
- My car is missing on 2cylinders with no check engine light.
1990 Nissan 300ZX Estimates
- Oxygen Sensor Replacement - Front ($445 - $629) in Pleasant Plains, IL
- Headlamp Bulb Replacement ($42 - $60) in Clarks Mills, PA
- MAP Sensor Replacement ($256 - $688) in Floydada, TX
- Brake Master Cylinder Replacement ($337 - $460) in Mount Olivet, KY
- Parking Brake Shoe Replacement ($351 - $408) in Perris, CA
- Stabilizer Bushing Replacement ($81 - $99) in Davis Station, SC