Recently bought the 2002 Ford Escort SE, thought it was a good car. Today on highway at speeds of 60mph or higher it maintained a revving sound under the car like it was straining. If I pushed harder on the gas I could get it to 65 or 70 but it still made a revving sound like it was straining. Is this just a design flaw or an annoyance of this type of car or do you think there is a mechanical problem? I recently asked a question on this site about a strong vibration when the car idles - I found it was a design defect of this model but not a mechanical problem. Appreciate any advice, I really need this car to be ok so I can drive to work. Thanks.
Car revs at speeds of 60mph or higher on highway. on 2002 Ford Escort
does it feel like trans issues, if so how does the fluid look?
This week's top 10
Recent Ford Escort Questions
- I have a 1993 ford escort was driving down the ran out gas car died and will not
- Car cranks but won't kick over was driving car ran out of gas car turned off won
- My car is actually a 1986 Ford Contour. The checkengine unit has gone bad.
- What is wrong when a fuse blows and melts the wire behind the fuse box?
- Why wont my car start when it has a new battery only 3 months old
2002 Ford Escort Estimates
- Brake Master Cylinder Replacement ($229 - 497) in Acme, WA
- Headlamp Bulb Replacement ($44 - 60) in Lambert, MT
- PCV Valve Replacement ($34 - 46) in Mentmore, NM
- Oxygen Sensor Replacement - Front ($277 - 360) in Stark City, MO
- HVAC Blend Door Actuator Replacement ($90 - 103) in Harmony, ME
- Wheel Lug Stud Replacement ($32 - 41) in Valley Falls, KS