Car Problem on 2003 Lincoln LS

Before I take my car to Lincoln and get taken for alot of money...I'd like to know if I can get some car is saying ETC failsafe mode and wont go over a certain MPH while also sputtering and choking. The codes that came out were 2107, 2104, 2110, and mechanic said it is the throttle actuator(body) wondering what my possible solutions are to this problem....and what the cost might be....please help...thanks

by in Hauppauge, NY on January 08, 2010
3 answers 1 comment
ANSWER by on January 08, 2010
Most times the Electronic Throttle Actuator need to be replaced and reprogrammed, which runs 3-400 for the part minimum and then 1 hour to install and reprogram So about $600-700 should cover it.
COMMENT by on January 08, 2010
thanks...if anyone else has any other info...please feel free.......i heard it may cost me 2000
ANSWER by on March 05, 2010
Hi! Did you find the problem? I have a 2003 LS V8 myself and had the same problem last year. I had 2 problems: 1. Oil in the plug wells (valve cover gaskets wich is covered by Ford) 2. Water dripping from the sun roof because of drain tubes that were detached. So the water went by the "A" pillars down on the PCM (computer) located on the passenger side near the floor. Ford finally changed the PCM no cost (covered) and the problem was fixed. So it might one or the other because both problems were fixed at around the same time. Good luck and me know how it goes ! JP
ANSWER by on May 14, 2010
I have the SAME car with the SAME problem. It is in the shop as we speak......just waiting to hear what needs to be replaced and price. I have had nothing but PROBLEMS with this car.....I have renamed it my "stinkin' Lincoln!"
I can press all the way down on the gas but it doesn't have any power. It will go in reverse just fine. When I try to drive. I can go a little ways and the car cuts off. They I can wait few minutes...
This causes the car to start over heating of course. I have to refill my reservoir one a day. My car also has a ticking noise now coming from the engine that has progressed a bit too.
I removed one of my fuse boxes and forgot to disconnect the battery and now I can't start the car. It won't even turn over. It is the passive anti-theft security system that won't let me start it. ...
i was leaving my daughters caycare when all of a sudden my car putted,my battery light came on then the car stalled at light,i replaced the battery but when i tur key it try to start but wont actua...
We've been experiencing a few issues recently with our 04' LS. Started with the check engine light, then the wrench looking light for ETC mode began to turn on, which we had to turn the car off, t...