when a/c is turned on, the temp gauge exceeds 190 and white smoke comes from the right side of the engine. the oil light also comes on. what type of problem or repair am i looking at?
car overheats when a/c is on. white smoke is seen and oil light comes on. on 1999 Volkswagen Passat
This week's top 10
Recent Volkswagen Passat Questions
- Why won't the gear engage when shifted? Have to kill engine and restart at times
- Where is the clutch pressure control solenoid valve A and the shift solenoid C
- vibration at cruising speed 65-75
- When check engine light goes on at 70,000 What service is due and how much ?
- I have to replace a thermostst. How much is it? (part&labor)
1999 Volkswagen Passat Estimates
- Clutch Master Cylinder Replacement ($427 - $590) in Waxhaw, NC
- Radiator Fan Motor Replacement ($498 - $656) in Coral Springs, FL
- Radiator Hose Replacement ($142 - $193) in Big Rapids, MI
- Water Pump Replacement ($455 - $750) in Mcbrides, MI
- Stabilizer Bushing Replacement ($29 - $39) in Riverton, NE
- Engine Oil Filter Adapter Replacement ($203 - $268) in Pocasset, OK