After driving steady for an hour, when I pull in line behind somebody - drive thru, my car sometimes starts to overheats. The temp gauge indicators rises alomost to the red. I turn the heat on and put the fan on high and within 60 seconds, the guage returns to normal. The thermostat and housing was just changed and the same thing happened again. There are no check engine indicators on.
Car overheats intermittently on 2004 Ford Focus
Asked by for the 2004 Ford Focus
1 more answer
This week's top 10
Recent Ford Focus Questions
- P1633. Will not reset . Battery terminals cleaned still code comes up
- When I start my car I have to push on the gas to keep it started.
- Can I supply parts from reputable parts dealers as NAPA. and contract labor est?
- Car always starts, but after a rain it will die when put in drive.
- Why sometimes car vibrates at lower speed?
2004 Ford Focus Estimates
- Tire Rotation ($26 - 34) in Riverside, MI
- Serpentine Belt Replacement ($75 - 145) in Columbus, OH
- General Diagnosis ($88 - 111) in Stonewall, LA
- Rear Main Seal Replacement ($578 - 733) in Sonora, KY
- Exhaust Manifold Replacement ($198 - 649) in Morley, MO
- Crankshaft Position Sensor Replacement ($81 - 154) in Sebago, ME