At first, maybe about a year and a half ago, my car would start and then immediately turn off, almost as if a security measure. As it did this, on an infrequent basis, I would notice that this would happen when the gas tank was under 1/4 tank of gas and if I put fuel in the gas tank, the problem seemed to disappear until the gas level became below 1/4 level. Then about 2-3 weeks ago it wouldn't start at all. When you turn the key, it sounds like it's trying to start, but sounds like the process isn't completing, only like half of the process is being allowed to happen (like something's not catching).
Car not starting under 1/4 fuel level on 1997 Acura CL
This week's top 10
Recent Acura CL Questions
- Car stalls while accelerating and then restarts right away.
- Check engine light, transmission not working, d5 light flashes and vsa light kit
- It overheats and is losing water and the rpm is a little high
- Good brand, new after market cv axle?
- What causes omething to rub against the shield by the brake assembly?
1997 Acura CL Estimates
- Fuel Injector Replacement ($289 - 390) in Sweet Briar, VA
- Brake Pad Replacement, Resurface Rotors ($245 - 342) in Wainwright, AK
- Intake Manifold Gasket Replacement ($119 - 163) in Bradley, SD
- Ignition Wire Set Replacement ($107 - 185) in Sherman, IL
- Idle Air Bypass Solenoid Replacement ($260 - 342) in Hewitt, NJ
- Brake Caliper Replacement ($284 - 309) in Barrett, MN