Yesterday (7-23-10) my car cut off and I was not able to get it to start back. If I did crank it up it would stay cranked up for like no more than 3 seconds. I had it towed in and the mechanic said that the car was not getting enough of gas and that was the reason why it was cutting off. He did not have time to work on it and to see what was wrong with it yet. The mileage on it is over 180,000. I have notice the car once in a while when I press on the gas it would slow down then go more faster, but I am clueless on this one. What would make the van not get enough of gas and not start?
Car not getting enough of gas. on 2001 Ford Windstar
This week's top 10
Recent Ford Windstar Questions
- My theft light blinks my trip zero outs when cold starting & head lights flash
- My van suddenly died while driving 30 mph. Does nothing when trying to restart
- Solution needed for van stalling with lean bank codes PO171 and PO174
- 3.8 V6 Windstar engine has a knock/rattle.
- i replaced dash cluster with a used one and van wont start
2001 Ford Windstar Estimates
- Starter Replacement ($270 - 365) in Calumet, OK
- Coolant Replacement/Flush ($95 - 125) in Saint Martinville, LA
- 40,000 Mile Service ($79 - 127) in Kingston Mines, IL
- 90,000 Mile Service ($358 - 498) in Cumberland, KY
- Parking Brake Shoe Replacement ($134 - 156) in Old Greenwich, CT
- Engine Oil Pan Replacement ($394 - 585) in Bee, NE