Problem occurs regularly even going through shallow water. VERY SCARY - Sudden loss of steering and brakes for about 30 seconds then will be OK until next puddle is hit or with a heavy rain. Car had spark plugs replaced 35000 ago. Belts look tight and firm. Car runs firm and smooth in normal weather.
Car loses power steering and power brakes in rain or thru puddles on 2002 Hyundai Sonata
Asked by for the 2002 Hyundai Sonata
This week's top 10
Recent Hyundai Sonata Questions
- Where is the heater control value located on the coolant hoses
- Turn signal has rapid flashing on dash when left turn is selected bulb working
- My center console is severely damaged. How much to replace from middle to end?
- rough idle , engine shaking ,already replaced crankshaft position sensor
- Will the emissions control sensor keep the car from starting?
2002 Hyundai Sonata Estimates
- Power Steering Pump Replacement ($399 - 564) in Stanley, ND
- Heater Blower Motor Resistor Replacement ($102 - 177) in Manquin, VA
- Head Gasket Replacement ($1,072 - 1,468) in Taylor, NE
- EGR Valve Replacement ($89 - 118) in Cross Timbers, MO
- Antitheft System Diagnosis & Testing ($26 - 34) in Durkee, OR
- Timing Chain Tensioner Replacement ($980 - 1,207) in Auburn, NE