Car is Shaking on 1993 Chrysler Concorde

My car started shaking the other day. Did not notice it at first, but became bad enough I turned around and went home for another vehicle as the check engine light also came on. We changes all of the spark plugs because we thought maybe it is misfiring. One plug was burned, but all the rest were fine. We did a compression test where the fouled plug was and it was 120 just as was another. We think it has the original spark plug wires and wondering if that could be the trouble or if we are on the wrong tract all together and the shaking has nothing to do with plus and wires. The check engine light came on before the spark plug change, but not since. It only shakes a small amount when in park, but gets much much worse in drive. Any suggestions are very helpful. Thanks A Million!!!

by in Havre, MT on January 22, 2010
2 answers 1 comment
ANSWER by on January 22, 2010
Your possibly on the right track, but the one thing your overlooking is checking the diagnostic trouble codes. When you pull the codes, it might point you to a specific cylinder that is misfiring, as well as other issues. You will probably see some P0300 codes (see Try not to drive the vehicle when it is misfiring, you will damage the catalytic converter. Good Luck
COMMENT by on June 20, 2010
ANSWER by on July 03, 2011
check your motor mounts,transmission mounts,tie rod ends,and steering gear rubber bushings.if you don't have rubber or if they are broke theyour car car will shake,because those bushings keep the car from shaking.if yo car shakes in park than your motor mounts are gone,there is no rubber in between the two metal supports.i diffinently know that that is why your car need bushings in all those places.
Related Items:
my car just lately has been shaking real bad when i brake, its so bad it feels like the wheel is gonna fly off. i have also noticed alot of front end noise and its starting to shake now when im d...
car shakes at idol when a stop lights ,but otherwise runs fine
at low speed the car and steering wheel shake, I do not notice as much when I'm on the highway at higher speeds. My tires are not bad, there still is some tread on them. I'm wondering if its my tir...
while driving the car at a rate of speed of 45 mph or high and you go to slow down the car by pressing the brakes the whole front of the car shakes badly i have already replace both front struts an...
A damaged cam position sensor (or its wires and connector) can cause intermittent stalling, stumbles, or hard starting.

Related Content