Our 2002 Altima was recently repaired for white smoke from exhaust - replaced the valve guides(1800$). After getting the car back we found the radiator was cracked at the top, but not before our daughter let it overheat. Repaired and cleaned the radiator. And realized we were 2 quarts low on oil after only 150 miles from the initial repair and oil change. Original mechanic put in a valve cleaner and said to run it about 500 miles. The car used 8 quarts of oil on that trip and black smoke started from exhaust. Now the mechanic says he gives up, can't figure what is wrong. Any ideas.
Car is burning oil, has 130,000miles has been a great car till recently on 2002 Nissan Altima
This week's top 10
Recent Nissan Altima Questions
- Front end shaky at highway speed, tires balanced recently,not a smooth ride
- how much is it to fix a push to start issue on a 2009 nissan altima
- Can’t shut off 1998 Nissan Altima’s alarm
- Engine cranks but will not start. Fob battery good.
- BLUE SMOKE WHEN I TURN IT ON. COULD BE A PISTON RING? HOW MUCH TO REPAIR?
2002 Nissan Altima Estimates
- Oil and Filter Change ($31 - 61) in Hughes, AR
- Intake Manifold Gasket Replacement ($499 - 632) in Houghton, MI
- Coolant Leak Diagnosis ($88 - 111) in Friendship, WI
- Oxygen Sensor Replacement - Rear ($254 - 356) in Dumas, AR
- Emergency Brake Cable Replacement ($140 - 200) in Stigler, OK
- CV Joint Boot Replacement ($280 - 348) in Greenford, OH