Our 2002 Altima was recently repaired for white smoke from exhaust - replaced the valve guides(1800$). After getting the car back we found the radiator was cracked at the top, but not before our daughter let it overheat. Repaired and cleaned the radiator. And realized we were 2 quarts low on oil after only 150 miles from the initial repair and oil change. Original mechanic put in a valve cleaner and said to run it about 500 miles. The car used 8 quarts of oil on that trip and black smoke started from exhaust. Now the mechanic says he gives up, can't figure what is wrong. Any ideas.
Car is burning oil, has 130,000miles has been a great car till recently on 2002 Nissan Altima
This week's top 10
Recent Nissan Altima Questions
- Why does my Service engine light turn on and then off consistently?
- AC blows cold then hot. Replaced Relay and still having the same issue.
- Okay Car overheated Boughtnew starter battery spark plugs Car still won't crank.
- how to replace engine motor mounts
- What makes rattle sound underneath front of car?