"We have Toyota ipsum 3sfe motor The cam belt was supposedly replaced but the oil seals were not. The teeth on the belt pulled off and put the timing out. Being a non interference motor fitting the belt is no problem but the no 1 cylinder TDC could be one turn of the crankshaft out relative to the spark. It has electronic ignition. With no distributor it is difficult to set up. There is a sensor detecting something on the the crankshaft toothed pulley
Car is an Ipsum 3s fe motor on 1996 Toyota Camry
Asked by for the 1996 Toyota Camry
This week's top 10
Recent Toyota Camry Questions
- Why does my car make a motor boat like noise when I accelerate?
- Is oil consumption an problem with all vehicles or is it just a few vehicles???
- computer error code is P0560 when tested for showing check engine light on d-brd
- How do you check the transmission fluid in a 2017 Camry?
- There is a coolant leak. It is definitely from the cooling system.
1996 Toyota Camry Estimates
- Sway Bar End Link Replacement - Rear ($122 - $249) in Oil City, LA
- Exhaust Manifold Replacement ($388 - $848) in Mesilla Park, NM
- Brake Pad Replacement ($149 - $238) in Coleman, GA
- AC Recharge ($180 - $245) in Ridgewood, NJ
- Engine Oil Pan Gasket Replacement ($237 - $300) in Emmetsburg, IA
- Suspension Control Arm Replacement ($1,336 - $1,646) in La Monte, MO