My car is almost @ 110,000 miles and I need to replace the timing belt. I've heard you should replace the water pump at the same time to avoid having to do it later. I replaced my water pump at 56,000 miles. Should I skip it or will it go again soon? Should I also replace the idlers, tensioners, drive belt and front engine seals like some people recommend?
Car is @ 110k mi. Replacing timing belt. Replaced water pump @ 56k. Replace now? on 2000 Volkswagen Jetta
This week's top 10
Recent Volkswagen Jetta Questions
- After installing aftermarket stereo car will crank but will not turn over.
- Trunk will not open with key or switch. can I open it from inside the trunk?
- Whats makes it not shift out of park
- EPC Light Comes on when Headlights turned on, break lights also stay on
- Would a timing belt needing to be replaced cause my 2002vw jetta not to start
2000 Volkswagen Jetta Estimates
- Manual Transmission Fluid Change ($84 - 139) in Shermans Dale, PA
- 30,000 Mile Service ($247 - 350) in Pfafftown, NC
- Glow Plug Replacement ($240 - 327) in Wishek, ND
- Exhaust Manifold Gasket Replacement ($344 - 447) in Burnham, PA
- Suspension Control Arm Replacement ($1,523 - 1,578) in North Branford, CT
- Fuel Evaporative Canister Replacement ($230 - 448) in Cade, LA