Car starts in a very hard idle. It either rests at 3K RPM or continues to climb untilI shut off the car. I have replaced the throttle position sensor and manifold absolute pressure sensors due to ODB2 codes that were backed up by multimeter testing. As far as the white smoke it billows out as soon as I start the engine and smells of unburned gasoline. I have replaced the sparkplugs and wires, after finding issues when inspecting them. I also replaced a fuel injector in a cylinder that hard fired so hard it exploded the spark plug. My next step is the idle air control valve but it seems to be functioning properly, going to attempt cleaning it.
Car idling too hard, 3k RPM. White smoke that smells of gas coming out exhaust. on 1997 Toyota Camry
This week's top 10
Recent Toyota Camry Questions
- My car won't start? New fuel pump, new coils, new coils?
- Updating software for on board computer OR resolving PO 776, PO 793?
- my engine over heats.heated up and burnt my gasket and radiator.
- how to get a distributor coil out
- while driving the gas stops responding-not the fuel pump and filter was replaced