my car constantly idles rough and occasionally stalls while in reverse or when first place it in drive to go. today it stalled at an intersection
car idles rough and stalls on 2004 Dodge Stratus
ANSWER by DaveJM ,
March 12, 2011
Running rough when at idle or when first placing it into gear is typically a sign of having too much air coming in (air leak, vacuum leak) or fuel pressure that is too low. Have the vehicle checked, as stalling is a serious safety issue of course.
1 answerJanuary 24, 2011
1 answerMay 22, 2011
1 answerJune 19, 2010
4 answersJanuary 10, 2011
This week's top 10
Recent Dodge Stratus Questions
- Abs kicks on everytime I show down. Easy way to troubleshoot this problem pleas
- How do you repair the right front cradle?
- The Battery & Oil Lights Flash On ,then goes out is this a bad alternator?
- Will replacing my oxygen sensor solve my P0601 code
- Car will not start all the lights come on whate must be done?
2004 Dodge Stratus Estimates
- Exhaust Manifold Replacement ($307 - 1,014) in Porthill, ID
- Oxygen Sensor Replacement - Rear ($254 - 356) in Kapaau, HI
- 120,000 Mile Service ($366 - 626) in Wardsboro, VT
- Door Window Regulator Replacement ($180 - 278) in Turney, MO
- Oxygen Sensor Replacement ($328 - 622) in Wellston, MI
- Fuel Evaporative Canister Replacement ($168 - 348) in Wheatland, IN