The past few weeks I've been having idling issues. When I'm stopped at a light, the car at times idles low at around 800 rpms, then can jump to 1200 rpms. This morning at a light, it dropped to about 400 and was shaking like it was going to stall then spiked to 1200 before coming back down. At times when I take my foot off the brake, sometimes my car jumps forward ready to take off before I hit the gas. When I got home this evening, I put the car in park and it was idling between 1200-1400 rpms. I had it at the dealership last week and they suggested a dirty throttle body. My husband cleaned it yesterday and said it wasn't dirty. This idling issue is getting worse each day. Any ideas?
Car Idles low and high on 1997 Toyota Camry
Asked by Visitor for the 1997 Toyota Camry
2 answersMarch 23, 2013
2 answersJuly 27, 2010
1 answerJanuary 25, 2012
2 answersApril 25, 2009
This week's top 10
Recent Toyota Camry Questions
- 1996 toyota camry 3.0l wont start on cold morning or cold weather
- What is causing the fuel pump not to turn on while cranking only if car is warm
- my camry will crank but not run and my code scanner says linking error.
- After removing the key the car seems to be as if the key was in accessory positi
- Back up lights. Bulbs good. Fuses good .where is switch?