The past few weeks I've been having idling issues. When I'm stopped at a light, the car at times idles low at around 800 rpms, then can jump to 1200 rpms. This morning at a light, it dropped to about 400 and was shaking like it was going to stall then spiked to 1200 before coming back down. At times when I take my foot off the brake, sometimes my car jumps forward ready to take off before I hit the gas. When I got home this evening, I put the car in park and it was idling between 1200-1400 rpms. I had it at the dealership last week and they suggested a dirty throttle body. My husband cleaned it yesterday and said it wasn't dirty. This idling issue is getting worse each day. Any ideas?
Car Idles low and high on 1997 Toyota Camry
Asked by Visitor for the 1997 Toyota Camry
2 answersMarch 23, 2013
3 answersMay 16, 2010
2 answersJuly 27, 2010
1 answerJanuary 25, 2012
2 answersApril 25, 2009
This week's top 10
Recent Toyota Camry Questions
- My 1999 Camry won't start, i replaced fuel pump, fuel rail & injectors, fires ok
- car will start sometimes but when it does wipers come on.
- Can I safely drive/ignore my transmission problem of hesitating acceleration?
- dash lights go out when headlights are turned on and lights around the radio.
- I am sorry if not the right place to ask this questio but, i am plannig to buy