problem began when car ran out of gas. after adding 2 gallons, car started. 15 miles or so down the road, car stalled, check engine light on, battery light came on and gray smoke was pouring from under hood. note-recently, car's dashboard lights were off following "frying" sensor/fuses, but after adding gas yesterday, they came back on. any explanation or connection between these events. mechanic indicates radiator is melted and needs a thermostat before can test head gasket. are we on the right trail. need best advice on what to do. car has 444,000 miles
Car hot, smoke rising under hood on 1993 Toyota Camry
This week's top 10
Recent Toyota Camry Questions
- My 1999 Camry won't start, i replaced fuel pump, fuel rail & injectors, fires ok
- car will start sometimes but when it does wipers come on.
- Can I safely drive/ignore my transmission problem of hesitating acceleration?
- dash lights go out when headlights are turned on and lights around the radio.
- I am sorry if not the right place to ask this questio but, i am plannig to buy