My 1998 Monte Carlo z34 has a knocking noise coming from under the hood. No one knows where the noise is coming from. The car does not lose engine compression but dies out while rolling down the street. In order for it to start again the battery has to be recharged. I dont have a battery or service engine light come on. Can anyone tell me what it may be?
Car has a knocking noise on 1998 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
1 answer 2 comments
Have you had the alternator or charging system tested. Would have to hear the knock.
COMMENT by xxxmann,
June 14, 2014
Havent had a chance to test the alternator but i will do it today.
1 answerJanuary 16, 2015
2 answersApril 06, 2011
This week's top 10
Recent Chevrolet Monte Carlo Questions
- My abs light is on but my brakes work fine. What could be the problem.
- My car won't shift into drive. is it pressure control solenoid? Expensive fix?
- I need replace the upper shift cable cannot find exact replacement, cost 4 work
- Head lights will not come on when I turn them on but will be on sometimes during the day when the switch isn't even turned on. The bulbs aren't blown. Is it the sensor? Please help. Turn signals and parking lights work though. Everything but headlights.
- My car ignition won't turn over unless I jiggle it for 5 min, what's going on?