My 1998 Monte Carlo z34 has a knocking noise coming from under the hood. No one knows where the noise is coming from. The car does not lose engine compression but dies out while rolling down the street. In order for it to start again the battery has to be recharged. I dont have a battery or service engine light come on. Can anyone tell me what it may be?
Car has a knocking noise on 1998 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
1 answer 2 comments
Have you had the alternator or charging system tested. Would have to hear the knock.
COMMENT by xxxmann ,
June 14, 2014
Havent had a chance to test the alternator but i will do it today.
1 answerJanuary 16, 2015
0 answersOctober 30, 2016
0 answersSeptember 15, 2016
2 answersApril 06, 2011
- 1998 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Repair and Maintenance
- 1998 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Maintenance Schedule
- 1998 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Problems(24)
- 1998 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Repair Estimates
- 1998 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Q&A(61)
- 1998 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Recalls(4)
- 1998 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Shops
- 1998 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Reviews(4)
This week's top 10
Recent Chevrolet Monte Carlo Questions
- the heat stops working and car overheats, then goes back to normal, etc
- Are the hoods for 2001 monte carlos compatible with the 2006 monte carlos
- I have a strong gas smell inside and outside when I turn on my heat
- will a additive to stop a oil leak work? will it cause any other problems?
- 2004 chevy Monte Carlo super sport went completely dead,
1998 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Estimates
- Ball Joint Replacement - Lower ($231 - 365) in Ucon, ID
- Transmission Fluid Change ($139 - 180) in Pond Creek, OK
- 142,500 Mile Service ($53 - 94) in Allyn, WA
- AC Condenser Replacement ($462 - 583) in Clear Lake, SD
- Emergency Brake Cable Replacement ($155 - 187) in Medinah, IL
- Fuel Evaporative Canister Replacement ($195 - 554) in Lanesville, NY